Porsche experience day

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pmg

Post by pmg »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:31 am I have a Macan Turbo booked for the end of the month for my day. Would you advise to stick with it or swap for a 911?
Totally depends on what you want to get from your PEC 1/2 day and how much that is related to the car you own ;)
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

pmg wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:51 am
Nelladrahcir wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:31 am I have a Macan Turbo booked for the end of the month for my day. Would you advise to stick with it or swap for a 911?
Totally depends on what you want to get from your PEC 1/2 day and how much that is related to the car you own ;)

^^^^^This^^^^^
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Much as I'd love a go in a 911 sticking with driving what you've got, or got on order, would be my choice. When I went driving anything else on the day was quickky counted out but I hadn't raised it in advance.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Neil1911 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:16 pm Much as I'd love a go in a 911 sticking with driving what you've got, or got on order, would be my choice. When I went driving anything else on the day was quickky counted out but I hadn't raised it in advance.
i’ll stick with the Macan myself, because I want to see how fast the car I’m buying can go round a race track when driven by someone that actually knows what they’re doing. That and ( this isn’t going to win me any fans ) I don’t like the 911. As I’ve said before, I’m a petrol head but really not a Porsche fan boy.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

So absolutely NO interest in 440bhp and a centre of gravity at knee level (yours) or lower (mine) :D What sort of petrol head does that make you?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
pmg

Post by pmg »

Neil1911 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:36 pm So absolutely NO interest in 440bhp and a centre of gravity at knee level (yours) or lower (mine) :D What sort of petrol head does that make you?
That's the problem with the weight Pano roofs add at their height!! ;) ;) ;) ;)
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Rarecolour wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:27 am I heard of a Macan Turbo going on track days and passing all types of 911s, Inc GT3s.
Yes that would be me.

On one PEC visit there were members here on the same course, no one overtook me but I have had a shedload of driving training yet I know that compared to the PEC Instructors and their Race Licenses and the experience that goes with it I am but a mere average Joe

That said it is all well and good thrashing a Macan around the billiard table smooth even surfaces of the PEC it is another using public uneven and badly maintained roads to drive like a hooligan, be safe out their.

If you think you are a driving God take an IAC or ROSPA course and take their suggestions of your driving skill level on the chin.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

Rarecolour wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:30 am Really looking forward to our visit to PEC, hope the wife finally finds her heavy right boot!
Hope you already know that if you take someone else along (wife/offspring/friend) only one of you can drive on the experience that comes with buying a new car. If you both want to drive it will be an extra £500 or thereabouts for an extra “experience”. The guest can have a lunch and be a back seat passenger on the road but has to watch while you drive.

I really enjoyed mine. The best part was the braking and particularly learning how to brake hard. Water-assisted skidding the next best.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

SmallWheels wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:43 pm
Rarecolour wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:30 am Really looking forward to our visit to PEC, hope the wife finally finds her heavy right boot!
Hope you already know that if you take someone else along (wife/offspring/friend) only one of you can drive on the experience that comes with buying a new car. If you both want to drive it will be an extra £500 or thereabouts for an extra “experience”. The guest can have a lunch and be a back seat passenger on the road but has to watch while you drive.

I really enjoyed mine. The best part was the braking and particularly learning how to brake hard. Water-assisted skidding the next best.
That's not exactly true, you can share the experience, but we've paid the extra so we share a drive in the Macan and 911.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

Been on three, took differant family members each time , all fullly enjoyed the day out, two on track with just tthe macan and one range day.

just do it and enjoy.