Critique my GTS build

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

A few comments. Bear in mind that I resisted the temptations and my S has minimal options.
- if you want resilience against a tyre failure, forget the tin of sticky stuff and get the collapsible spare
- you’ve ordered the reversing camera but the surround camera is very good and ideal when parking, particularly alongside kerbs to prevent wheel damage. Money well spent in my view if it avoids damage.
- wireless phone charging. Seems a lot of money when a simple cable with the phone inside the centre compartment will do the same and do it reliably.
- the interior is relentlessly black and I would hate it. Do something to add some contrast or brightness even if it’s only the seating colour
- sports chrono is a heck of a lot of money for not very much. Do you think in the long term you’ll use it more than once (or when showing off to mates) and get value out of it ? Forget speccing for resale – it won’t make £700 worth of difference.
- sunblind for rear side windows. Seems an unusual way to spend £185. A black interior is going to get very hot anyway. Do you think there’s much day-to-day benefit from this ?
- good call ignoring keyless entry to give peace of mind
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Spec looks excellent.

Two suggestions

Surround Cam, it is vastly superior to rev cam

Spare wheel, plus buy a can of inflator from Halfords to give you options, I had an unsealable flat and would have been stuck for hours without the spare.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I'm with those who say ditch the Bose and go with Surround View rather than just the reversing camera.

I had the reversing camera on my SD and had not realised just how much of a step up the Surround View is until I got it on my GTS.

For fairly obvious reasons, I think your first colour choice of Carmine Red is far better than your alternative :D .
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I must have misjudged the Surround Cam. The demo car I had for a 24 hour test drive had it and I blamed it for the squalking (the "view" took over the display too) when passing lines of parked or queuing cars and that put me off. That said, my 18in rims are still in mint condition. :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP