Critique my GTS build

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Hi folks,

I think I've almost decided on a final spec. I was all set to go Crayon, then white... but we have white just now and it probably makes sense to change.

At the moment we have Lane assist, Lane departure warning and keyless entry, none of which I intend to spec on the GTS as I haven't been bothered about them at all.

For me the most important options have been 18 way seats, adaptive cruise, panoramic roof and bose. I've added a few over and above that like Sport Chrono.

I'm hoping these cars will hold a decent value in future, do you think the options I've went for are sensible with that in mind?

PNFWF4J3

macan1.jpg

macan2.jpg

macan3.jpg

macan4.jpg

sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Nice build
The only things I’d personally take out are:

- interior package in black (high gloss). The GTS comes with a nice black aluminium you can’t optio. On any other cars. Looks nice as well, better than gloss
- smartphone compartment with wireless charging. This is flaky at best and you need to move your phone around to make it work. Bit of a fad and defo not worth the money
- BOSE speakers. I’ve compared both standard and BOSE and the difference is not enough to warrant the £ in my opinion. The burmester is the one to get for audio quality but way to expensive. Personally I’d save he money.

I would get the GT sports heated wheel, think it’s around £380. Nice wheel and heated so you can remove the heated steering wheel option you added. So the difference is just another £200

If UK based, I’d add heated windscreen

If possible and if budget allows I’d go for full extended leather (£1k ish) or if alcantara is a must then deviated stitching in red to match paint, by doing so you get the full leather on the glove compartment, centre console and doors.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

And privacy glass, but thats just personal taste
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Oh it’s funny you mentioned that trim as I saw it in a German video on YouTube but I couldn’t find it on the configurator, that explains it haha
hood69

Post by hood69 »

sd1985 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:19 pm Nice build
The only things I’d personally take out are:

- interior package in black (high gloss). The GTS comes with a nice black aluminium you can’t optio. On any other cars. Looks nice as well, better than gloss
- smartphone compartment with wireless charging. This is flaky at best and you need to move your phone around to make it work. Bit of a fad and defo not worth the money
- BOSE speakers. I’ve compared both standard and BOSE and the difference is not enough to warrant the £ in my opinion. The burmester is the one to get for audio quality but way to expensive. Personally I’d save he money.

I would get the GT sports heated wheel, think it’s around £380. Nice wheel and heated so you can remove the heated steering wheel option you added. So the difference is just another £200

If UK based, I’d add heated windscreen

If possible and if budget allows I’d go for full extended leather (£1k ish) or if alcantara is a must then deviated stitching in red to match paint, by doing so you get the full leather on the glove compartment, centre console and doors.
Pretty much the same though wouldnt bother with heated windscreen
The standard stereo is excellent as is.
GT wheel is great too.

PDLS plus I'm not sure on the value of that.
The extended leather is a great shout though.
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

No doubt a few members will pop along to tell you you've made the wrong choices if you haven't copied their spec. But really just ignore them and choose what you want in the car. There really is no wrong or right.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Macananon wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:56 pm No doubt a few members will pop along to tell you you've made the wrong choices if you haven't copied their spec. But really just ignore them and choose what you want in the car. There really is no wrong or right.
Read the subject of the post - he is asking for a critique. So that’s what he will get from the multitude of opinions ;)
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

A8EA1A2B-C092-427E-828F-16554E69D6E6.png

This was my other option exterior wise, most people seem to prefer it that I speak to?!
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

sd1985 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:49 am
Macananon wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:56 pm No doubt a few members will pop along to tell you you've made the wrong choices if you haven't copied their spec. But really just ignore them and choose what you want in the car. There really is no wrong or right.
Read the subject of the post - he is asking for a critique. So that’s what he will get from the multitude of opinions ;)
Yep I’m more than happy to have some food for thought slung my way, I’ve still got about 3 months until my spec is locked in and it’s interesting to see what other people deem as essential spec. Unfortunately there’s not enough crash to throw absolutely everything on it I’d like so I have to be selective.
Last edited by jonnydrama on Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

jonnydrama wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:28 am A8EA1A2B-C092-427E-828F-16554E69D6E6.pngThis was my other option exterior wise, most people seem to prefer it that I speak to?!
If you can get away with red then that’s classic GTS
My missus won’t let me lol so sticking with dolomite silver