I SAW A GEN3 TODAY

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pmg

Post by pmg »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:35 am
Nelladrahcir wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:25 am A clearer pic of what looks like the GT steering wheel

Enjoy!!
i’ve specced one of these ( in leather though, rather than fuzzy felt ) but I must say I actually prefer the old steering wheel with the chrome accents. This new one looks a bit cheap to my eye. Pretty sure not everyone will agree though.

btw, how do you know what drive mode you are in now? The old wheel had the different modes marked on the chrono knob. The new one doesn’t, it just has cheap looking Halfrauds style text.
The throttle response is so different between normal and sport, you will know!! ;) The MFD also tells you when you change. What we do not know yet is whether there are any changes to what can be shown permanently in MFD or what is shown on the rev counter
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

Bendanielgrant

Post by Bendanielgrant »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:35 am
Nelladrahcir wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:25 am A clearer pic of what looks like the GT steering wheel

Enjoy!!
i’ve specced one of these ( in leather though, rather than fuzzy felt ) but I must say I actually prefer the old steering wheel with the chrome accents. This new one looks a bit cheap to my eye. Pretty sure not everyone will agree though.

btw, how do you know what drive mode you are in now? The old wheel had the different modes marked on the chrono knob. The new one doesn’t, it just has cheap looking Halfrauds style text.

I've spec'd the fuzzy felt one! The control knob comes as part of the sport chrono pack along with sport plus setting and dare I say it launch control. If that's the sport chrono pack knob it does look quite cheap
2022 Gentian Blue Macan GTS (Built 8th June)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP63BVA5

2018 Navarra Blue Audi Q5 (Current)
2014 Sepang Blue Audi S3 (Sold)
2004 Daytona Grey Audi A3 (Sold)
2001 Monaco Blue Renault Sport Clio (Sold)
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

mueslibrown wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:54 am Man, if this is a press car - did they let the work experience junior loose of the configurator (I'm sure some work experience juniors are wonderful :D ) ... I mean would you not think about what you are doing ...
if its not a press car, someone may have just read this and started whimpering about the spec of their car ( i totally agree btw )

I do wonder why anyone at Porsche ever thought painted air vents was a good idea. They look really tacky.
Nick the Greek

Post by Nick the Greek »

Call me pervy, but I've got a 'thing' about neodyme wheels....

And red calipers :P

25677256957_4a7bbf96ff_b.jpg

Deleted User 4436

Nick the Greek wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:47 pm Call me pervy, but I've got a 'thing' about neodyme wheels....

I really like the copper colour wheels ( looks a bit steam punk ) but it really depends on the car paint colour.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Reassured by the Gentian Blue - looks great. My base in Gentian with S alloys should roll off the production line in next couple of days. The wheels and callipers on this press car clash horribly though.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Nick the Greek

Post by Nick the Greek »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:07 pm
Nick the Greek wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:47 pm Call me pervy, but I've got a 'thing' about neodyme wheels....

I really like the copper colour wheels ( looks a bit steam punk ) but it really depends on the car paint colour.

I've invested much time on the configurator (don't tell Mrs NTG) and can report the dark body colours work best with the neodyme wheels and red calipers.
The question is which dark colour. Back to the configurator.....
Nick the Greek

Post by Nick the Greek »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:51 pm Reassured by the Gentian Blue - looks great. My base in Gentian with S alloys should roll off the production line in next couple of days. The wheels and callipers on this press car clash horribly though.

Indeed. IMO you need the red calipers (a colour combo Ferrari use).
Deleted User 4436

Nick the Greek wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:49 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:07 pm

I've invested much time on the configurator (don't tell Mrs NTG) and can report the dark body colours work best with the neodyme wheels and red calipers.
The question is which dark colour. Back to the configurator.....
Volcano, obvs 🙄 😊
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

"I can get an S that outperforms last years GTS, and costs less. So I’m a happy bunny"

Until we meet in Lidls that is!! 😜
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4