Porsche slow to BEV Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:02 pm EV Macan will have frameless windows
BE08BF0B-48B7-4E77-ABB4-5447F26DCA9D.png
AFD6C341-DB0F-4F5D-998E-C7B4D9487B76.png
Here's a report....

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3 ... LNZt1ncbMw
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Fat chance that the Macan EV will qualify.....

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/busi ... -threshold
Steve

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:05 pm Fat chance that the Macan EV will qualify.....

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/busi ... -threshold

Agreed. No Macan will sell new for £32k or less.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
GTB

Post by GTB »

Afternoon All,
So just a bit of an industry update on eFuel as it gathers pace. Now just mind that eFuel will be manufactured from Hydrogen, then with CO2 Capture its turned into Methanol the raw material for eFuel stick in afew additives and away you go. So Im sure you will all have seen plenty planning applications this year and investment in Hydrogen production facilities in the UK. But its possibly not for Hydrogen as a fuel ( some of it could be sold as such in vessels and gas bottle cages for Hydrogen vehicle facilities but I suspect its for raw stock for eFuel production.

Speaking with one of my contacts progress is rapid and at this time efuel if availibility was enough it would sell for 16p a litre more than hydrocarbon fuel. So they just need to get the facilities built and scale it up/ With F1 going eFuel next season brings things into the minds of the masses.

But I also just had this detail arrive in one of my industry publications:

https://forecourttrader.co.uk/latest-ne ... =197889146

Very Interesting, so dont go scrapping those ICE Engines yet, and ties in with the last second wording of the EU Directive banning manufaccture and sales of ICE engines after whatever date it was as exemption was "Unless the ICE runs on eFuel".

I know its still a lot of work in progress but its gathering pace, momentum and investment.

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

^^^ Good News 👍
Steve

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

The slowness, I believe, is also a reaction to the |Taycan debacle |. One hell of a lot for sale. My local OPC (2) have 42 between them.............
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

bennachie wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:31 am Come on Porsche. Why the delay. I need a BEV Macan now, not in 2 years time. Parent VW have got ID3, 4, GTX all out now, sister Audi has the e-tron Q4 - all of which I believe are flawed in a variety of ways.

Come on chaps; extract the digit. You original launch was slated for 2021..........................
Interesting article by Richard Meaden in this months EVO.

Manufacturers are struggling with the whole EV concept. It usually takes years to develop a new car, but throughout development ICE remain pretty similar.

Now they are developing cars that even before development is completed the Battery tech is out of date. They are constantly chasing their tales, and being Porsche, they want their car to be better than a 500bhp MG EV for less than half the price.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Perhaps the light is dawning that BEV will only be part of the answer and not the only destination?
E fuels, hybrids, hydrogen and Ice will likely coexist over time.
If I were a betting man I would say that pure BEV’s would end up at the bottom of that list as soon as these other technologies progress, and spending big on a technology that may not end up the market leader is risky.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

wab172uk wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:44 am
bennachie wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:31 am Come on Porsche. Why the delay. I need a BEV Macan now, not in 2 years time. Parent VW have got ID3, 4, GTX all out now, sister Audi has the e-tron Q4 - all of which I believe are flawed in a variety of ways.

Come on chaps; extract the digit. You original launch was slated for 2021..........................

Manufacturers are struggling with the whole EV concept. It usually takes years to develop a new car, but throughout development ICE remain pretty similar.

Now they are developing cars that even before development is completed the Battery tech is out of date. They are constantly chasing their tales, and being Porsche, they want their car to be better than a 500bhp MG EV for less than half the price.
I think you've hit the nail on the head here. The performamnce of EVs is so good (quick) that this is not gonna be much of a selling point for Porsches or any other perfomance car. They are going to have to find something other than just the badge and 0-60 to make it worthwhile spending all that money on a Macan EV. I saw a Tesla model 3 put it's foot down joining a motorway the other day and I seriously don't think many ICE cars could have got close to it. The insurance companies are gonna have a field day with EVs too!!!
Macan S MY 2023
Blackhole128

Post by Blackhole128 »

Skyway wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:30 am
wab172uk wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:44 am

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. The performamnce of EVs is so good (quick) that this is not gonna be much of a selling point for Porsches or any other perfomance car. They are going to have to find something other than just the badge and 0-60 to make it worthwhile spending all that money on a Macan EV. I saw a Tesla model 3 put it's foot down joining a motorway the other day and I seriously don't think many ICE cars could have got close to it. The insurance companies are gonna have a field day with EVs too!!!
I had a drive in a Taycan Turbo S on Saturday and I think the main problem with EVs at that end of the market (for me) is that I would be unlikely to keep my licence for very long. I found it impossible (in my short time with the car) to follow what was happening with respect to the velocity under acceleration as it climbs so mind-bendingly rapidly. A quick blip of the throttle to overtake on the motorway and you're nearly hitting three digits in what feels like a second.

The car was amazing - it felt as sharp as a scalpel - the feeling that you were always in control of exactly where on the road you wanted to be when going for a gap in the traffic etc. I fell in love with the thing in an hour and a half, but I also love having and keeping my driving licence.
2019 Macan S Gen2 with lots of toys.
Audi TT TFSI Quattro S-Tronic from new for 7 years.
BMW Z4 Sdrive23i (folding hard top) for 4 years.
Mazda MX-5 (folding hard top) for 4 years.
Toyota MR-2 Gen3 for 140000 miles.
Mazda RX-7 Gen 2 for 3 engines :D