Porsche Driving Experience

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:39 pm
Nelladrahcir wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:29 pm Omni,

I would contact them and ask if your son can drive instead. I found them very accommodating.

You could always say you are buying the car for him anyway!!!

;)
Thanks. Wouldn’t want him to get any ideas, already bought him a brand new MX5😳
Is he a hairdresser then? 😂

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

mistercesq wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:44 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:39 pm
Nelladrahcir wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:29 pm Omni,

I would contact them and ask if your son can drive instead. I found them very accommodating.

You could always say you are buying the car for him anyway!!!

;)
Thanks. Wouldn’t want him to get any ideas, already bought him a brand new MX5😳
Is he a hairdresser then? 😂
Genuinely its more fun to drive than my Aston, and better put together. Its also bright Orange with black wheels, so not exactly subtle.
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:18 pm
Miopyk wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:11 pm I've done a number of sessions at the PEC the last being in a 4.0 GTS Boxster a couple of weeks ago which was great fun and has left me full of anticipation of my forthcoming delivery in a few weeks time (hopefully).

The last session I did in a Macan was purposely done in December a couple of years ago on a cold and frosty morning so I could fully experience how the car felt in poor conditions. Its probably worth thinking about what you want to focus on in your session and then plan around that including the time of year if that enhances the experience for you.

Oh, and if you have a build number the guys at the PEC will already have your details on file so you can always give them a call and book your session in regardless of the invite.
does it have to be me driving, do you know? Will they let my (adult) son have a go? He's raced around Goodwood a few times and frankly I get just as much enjoyment watching him drive cars as I do driving them myself.
You can share the session with someone else without charge providing they are over the age limit (21 I believe) and have a full UK driving licence. Make sure you tell them this when you book as they will want all your son's details as well. You get about 2 hours in total in the car with a break in between so you could do an hour each. I've done this several time with my wife including the session we've just done in the Boxster GTS.

I prefer to go in the mornings as they do Eggs Benedict to die for and lunch is really good as well. If you go in the afternoon you get lunch and afternoon tea.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Miopyk wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:34 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:18 pm
Miopyk wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:11 pm I've done a number of sessions at the PEC the last being in a 4.0 GTS Boxster a couple of weeks ago which was great fun and has left me full of anticipation of my forthcoming delivery in a few weeks time (hopefully).

The last session I did in a Macan was purposely done in December a couple of years ago on a cold and frosty morning so I could fully experience how the car felt in poor conditions. Its probably worth thinking about what you want to focus on in your session and then plan around that including the time of year if that enhances the experience for you.

Oh, and if you have a build number the guys at the PEC will already have your details on file so you can always give them a call and book your session in regardless of the invite.
does it have to be me driving, do you know? Will they let my (adult) son have a go? He's raced around Goodwood a few times and frankly I get just as much enjoyment watching him drive cars as I do driving them myself.
You can share the session with someone else without charge providing they are over the age limit (21 I believe) and have a full UK driving licence. Make sure you tell them this when you book as they will want all your son's details as well. You get about 2 hours in total in the car with a break in between so you could do an hour each. I've done this several time with my wife including the session we've just done in the Boxster GTS.

I prefer to go in the mornings as they do Eggs Benedict to die for and lunch is really good as well. If you go in the afternoon you get lunch and afternoon tea.
Excellent, thanks ( especially about the eggs Benedict tip. Love me some eggs Benedict!)
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I don’t think there is any issue sharing driving time with someone. When I was there I saw couples where the hubby drove a while and then The wife had a go later. I shared with my wife and 2 kids, they didn’t drive but it let them all get a few laps with the instructor driving. Was a great day out for everyone.

Food was great too and they happily catered for kids meals too.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Three years and still waiting..........................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

bennachie wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:01 pm Three years and still waiting..........................
Give them a ring, they will still have your attendance on their system as outstanding.

I received a reminder for mine two years after I collected my Macan.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

MCDK wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:37 pm I don’t think there is any issue sharing driving time with someone. When I was there I saw couples where the hubby drove a while and then The wife had a go later. I shared with my wife and 2 kids, they didn’t drive but it let them all get a few laps with the instructor driving. Was a great day out for everyone.

Food was great too and they happily catered for kids meals too.
+1 on the sharing thing. I’ve been to PEC three times - shared all three experiences. On the second one, I drove a Panamera and my daughter drove a Boxster. She may have just turned 21 at the time 🤔 The latest session was three years ago, and we both drove a Racing Yellow Carrera T. Great day out and nice food. I also think that breakfast & lunch is the best combo ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Driving anything other than the booked vehicle was out of the question when I went in August 2019. The only cars available were being used that afternoon whilst others "on site" were being cleaned and prepared for the the next morning's guests. Sharing wasn't required.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Me and the wife are booked in for ours in October. Didn't realise we could share the time in the car so I booked a 911 drive for £495 and going to swap half way through.
When we visited our OPC the other week he told us we could have shared the time :roll:
Worked out better for us really, never driven a 911 and that's hopefully going to be our next car. Looking forward to it!
Hopefully in the next 2 hours we'll have finished the 1800 mile running in of ours and can finally see how it goes.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)