Porsche Driving Experience

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Hi all,

Just checking on the general feel on how long is a typical wait time on getting an invite for the Porsche driving experience? Placed my order and paid the dealer deposit in the first week of July ( changed it several thousand times since then, as you all know ). Build date currently stands at 31st Oct. Not heard anything by way of the driving experience so far.

I appreciate its me being impatient again, and I suspect the whole Covid thing isn’t helping with bookings, just wondered how long y’all waited?

pmg

Post by pmg »

Porsche will wait until PEC has some Gen3 Macans before invites are sent out for Gen 3 orders. So I would not expect Pec dates before early October and invites possible from early September.

My own view is that a session is best-taken one to two months after delivery of own vehicle so basic familiarity is done before PEC Session.

Certainly when Gen 2 V6 cars arrived Mar/Apr 2019, I got my invite, from memory, mid-March and took session in June after my Macam was delivered mid April
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4436

pmg wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:12 pm Porsche will wait until PEC has some Gen3 Macans before invites are sent out for Gen 3 orders. So I would not expect Pec dates before early October and invites possible from early September.

My own view is that a session is best-taken one to two months after delivery of own vehicle so basic familiarity is done before PEC Session.

Certainly when Gen 2 V6 cars arrived Mar/Apr 2019, I got my invite, from memory, mid-March and took session in June after my Macam was delivered mid April
Of course. All very good points.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I took my session 2 years after I got my GTS, hence why I asked for a 911 at PEC as I didn’t see much point in going for a Macan the same as I had been driving.
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

I've done a number of sessions at the PEC the last being in a 4.0 GTS Boxster a couple of weeks ago which was great fun and has left me full of anticipation of my forthcoming delivery in a few weeks time (hopefully).

The last session I did in a Macan was purposely done in December a couple of years ago on a cold and frosty morning so I could fully experience how the car felt in poor conditions. Its probably worth thinking about what you want to focus on in your session and then plan around that including the time of year if that enhances the experience for you.

Oh, and if you have a build number the guys at the PEC will already have your details on file so you can always give them a call and book your session in regardless of the invite.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Deleted User 4436

Miopyk wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:11 pm I've done a number of sessions at the PEC the last being in a 4.0 GTS Boxster a couple of weeks ago which was great fun and has left me full of anticipation of my forthcoming delivery in a few weeks time (hopefully).

The last session I did in a Macan was purposely done in December a couple of years ago on a cold and frosty morning so I could fully experience how the car felt in poor conditions. Its probably worth thinking about what you want to focus on in your session and then plan around that including the time of year if that enhances the experience for you.

Oh, and if you have a build number the guys at the PEC will already have your details on file so you can always give them a call and book your session in regardless of the invite.
does it have to be me driving, do you know? Will they let my (adult) son have a go? He's raced around Goodwood a few times and frankly I get just as much enjoyment watching him drive cars as I do driving them myself.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

From my initial email, April 2019:

"If you wish, you are welcome to bring a spectating guest with you on the day. Alternatively you may wish to book an additional experience for them to enjoy at the same time. We are pleased to offer your guest the special rate of £472.00 per person.

To book your experience, please contact us by phone or email quoting the reference number at the top of this email."
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 4436

Neil1911 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:03 pm From my initial email, April 2019:

"If you wish, you are welcome to bring a spectating guest with you on the day. Alternatively you may wish to book an additional experience for them to enjoy at the same time. We are pleased to offer your guest the special rate of £472.00 per person.

To book your experience, please contact us by phone or email quoting the reference number at the top of this email."
That’s a hard no then. Much as I enjoy watching my son drive, I don’t enjoy it 472 squids worth.
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Omni,

I would contact them and ask if your son can drive instead. I found them very accommodating.

You could always say you are buying the car for him anyway!!!

;)
Deleted User 4436

Nelladrahcir wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:29 pm Omni,

I would contact them and ask if your son can drive instead. I found them very accommodating.

You could always say you are buying the car for him anyway!!!

;)
Thanks. Wouldn’t want him to get any ideas, already bought him a brand new MX5😳