Insurance

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

During one discussion a year or two ago, the insurance co employee told me that premiums were lower for a car NOT kept in a garage! Counter intuitive, or what? His explanation was that experience showed claims were higher for garaged cars. I haven't really tested it on a comparison site but nothing about car insurance seems to make sense.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Neil1911 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:13 pm During one discussion a year or two ago, the insurance co employee told me that premiums were lower for a car NOT kept in a garage! Counter intuitive, or what? His explanation was that experience showed claims were higher for garaged cars. I haven't really tested it on a comparison site but nothing about car insurance seems to make sense.
I think they just have a big wheel with numbers on it and when you call everyone in the office stops whilst the person you are talking to spins the wheel. When it stops they completely ignore it and just randomly think of a number and, if they can, stop giggling long enough they tell you what it is.
paulmac

Post by paulmac »

Thanks for your suggestions. I have managed to get a couple of quotes today including LV. LV are quite a bit cheaper (close to last year although comp XS is double) but they wont assure me that any repairs can be carried out by my preferred OPC bodyshop. I know that I am entitled to choose my own repairer however LV levy an extra £200 XS for the privilege (inc glass) . Not the end of the world to ensure a Porsche experienced repairer should the worst happen, just another variable to consider. More work to be done over the weekend.

Paul
Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Porky's own...............really. Give it a whirl. You may be pleasantly surprised...........
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'