Which GTS build is better?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Hi All,

I’ve managed to narrow down the zillion options into two build options. Both are different.

These are my final ones so I won’t be looking to add anything onto them. I’ve carefully selecting the things I need most.

So out of two options which do you think is better, A or B? Any reasons why would be great to help me finally decide.

A: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNCIWN13

B: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNXEEFU7

Thanks in advance

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

The one which ticks YOUR boxes most. Your car, your spec................. enjoy
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Depends how clean you can keep it

Chap around here has gen 2 turbo in black and always looks clean and therefore stunning!

Doesn’t take much to get a black car dirty!

Will need the best ceramic coating you can buy!!!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Having previously owned one black car, I’d never own another one, so for me option A.........but I still prefer Volcano over Dolomite 🤣
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

They both look bonnie! I'm glad the black car doesn't have a black interior - I've had a few but really gone off black-everywhere look especially without the pan roof.

Having had Kwik Fit (normally fine) damage two diamond cut rims I'm finding it a nightmare to find somebody who can repair them without removing metal (and changing the appearance). For that reason alone I'd personally go for the grey car / black wheels
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Madelvic wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:29 pm They both look bonnie! I'm glad the black car doesn't have a black interior - I've had a few but really gone off black-everywhere look especially without the pan roof.

Having had Kwik Fit (normally fine) damage two diamond cut rims I'm finding it a nightmare to find somebody who can repair them without removing metal (and changing the appearance). For that reason alone I'd personally go for the grey car / black wheels
Thanks
I don’t know much about wheel refurbs, are the black wheels easier to fix in that respect?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

There is only one thing worst than a dirty black Macan, a dirty Carmine red one. Parked next to one a couple of years ago and my very dirty black Macan look pristine compared to the Carmine red one.

You make your own choices and you pays your cash and enjoy what you want.

My spec below has served me well for five years
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

AllanG wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:19 pm Having previously owned one black car, I’d never own another one, so for me option A.........but I still prefer Volcano over Dolomite 🤣
I’ve had volcano before with silver RS spyders, and don’t want the exact same again.

And not sure black spyders looks great with volcano? Or the black trim that comes with the GTS, seems to get lost with the volcano
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

sd1985 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:54 pm
AllanG wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:19 pm Having previously owned one black car, I’d never own another one, so for me option A.........but I still prefer Volcano over Dolomite 🤣
I’ve had volcano before with silver RS spyders, and don’t want the exact same again.

And not sure black spyders looks great with volcano? Or the black trim that comes with the GTS, seems to get lost with the volcano
i ordered the volcano specifically to help hide all the new black plastic bits ( on an S rather than a GTS ).
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Both lovely but I'd go for the silver. I had a black 205 back in the day it was a bugger to keep clean!!!!!