EU speed limit tech from 2022

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

paulmac wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:40 pm Speed limiter tech is already built into my Gen 2 (you can select Cruise control or Speed Limiter from the stalk) so they just need to link this to the speed limit detected from nav and they have a solution. BTW - I keep mine set to Cruise as I have only found it had the Speed Limit option recently !!

Paul
I actually use the speed limiter on my current car all the time. Its really handy going through villages round here as they are always crawling with speed cameras. Amazing how irritated some people get when you actually drive at the legal speed limit.

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:55 pm
paulmac wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:40 pm Speed limiter tech is already built into my Gen 2 (you can select Cruise control or Speed Limiter from the stalk) so they just need to link this to the speed limit detected from nav and they have a solution. BTW - I keep mine set to Cruise as I have only found it had the Speed Limit option recently !!

Paul
I actually use the speed limiter on my current car all the time. Its really handy going through villages round here as they are always crawling with speed cameras. Amazing how irritated some people get when you actually drive at the legal speed limit.
I use CC for the same reason quite often. It helps to know your car's speedo error so that you are actually doing the true limit, rather than about 27 or 28 in a 30. I checked my speedo with a sat nav and found it to be 2 mph fast throughout the range. In the higher limits eg dual carriageways and motorways Plod normally won't trouble you if you're doing up to 10% plus 1 (prosecutions often start at 10% plus 2).
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

you have got to think it will be linked to your mot, any speeding will be recorded and you will recive a bill for the speeding fines!!

will never happen in devon, as of today we cannot even get a good reliable phone signel let a lone this type of service.
:D
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Is that why Westminster is so keen on getting fast broadband rolled out nationwide and having their own low orbit satellite network? We're safe for a while but when it happens my new car buying days will be over. Like Nick, I set my CC on 77 for most Mway travel and rely on the over read to keep me safe, so far, so good, should do the same elsewhere too, but don't, :( ah never mind, I'll be down to 3pts after 1 Oct .... All being well!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Guy

Post by Guy »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:04 am It helps to know your car's speedo error so that you are actually doing the true limit, rather than about 27 or 28 in a 30.

It's a limit, not a target ;)
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Also speed limit does not actively brake on long down hill so you can 'break' the limit unintentionall. Cruise actively brakes to maintain/limit the speed............
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Guy wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:54 am
Nuclear Nick wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:04 am It helps to know your car's speedo error so that you are actually doing the true limit, rather than about 27 or 28 in a 30.

It's a limit, not a target ;)
You missed my point, which was that when travelling in say a 30, everyone else wants to do more than that, so being at a true 30, when safe, reduces the potential for dangerous overtakes by headbangers.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Guy

Post by Guy »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:54 am You missed my point

I didn’t. I was making my own! ;)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I do not bother with Speed Limiter as I specced ACC, and use it all the time.

Works far better especially as near me there are a lot of roads with average speed cameras installed.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags