SwissVax or GTechniq?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Dannyp wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:50 pm Thanks for the replies.
I've now asked the dealer whether I could substitute GTechniq.
They don't do it themselves - but acknowledge that it's a good product over the longer term.
Apparently the Swissvax and preparation are offered on all new Porsches (at £399)?
I'm advised that the GTechniq can be applied over the Swissvax?

The Swissvax gets some good reviews - so think I'll go with it - and maybe go with GTechniq to protect it before the winter? :-)
If you are thinking of getting a Gtechniq ceramic coating applied I wouldn’t let the dealer go anywhere near the new car with their Swissvax. I think it will make the prep for the Gtechniq harder to apply and ultimately cost more. If your not getting a Gtechniq then take the ‘free’ Swissvax and save your cash.

At the end of the day though it’s all down to personal preference and how particular you are. There is no right or wrong answer. My mum sends her car to the local petrol station car wash and is adamant the quality of finish is second to none! :roll:
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44

mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Will the Gtechniq bond properly over Swissvax tho? Online seems to suggest no ...
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
MrBaozi

Post by MrBaozi »

Are you planning on getting Gtechniq applied after the Swissvax? If so you don't need to bother with the Swissvax unless there is a prolonged gap between the two as any decent detailer will strip it off prior to any Gtechniq ceramic coatings being applied. Prep and polish is where the magic happens. Machine polish, panel wipe, solvent wipe prior to any ceramic coatings being applied. No Gtechniq accredited detailer would ever apply a ceramic coating without fully prepping the surface.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I don't think you can compare the two.

A GT dealer is accredited and approved by GT having undergone training with them.
The preparation and application is carried out over 2-3 days by a professional within a clean environment.

Swissvax applied by the dealer is not going to undergo the same process for £399.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver