Warranty

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Caster

Post by Caster »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:47 pm The law forces them to say that you can shop around, Dave. ;)

Maybe the fact that you say rates don’t seem to have increased, and they’ve waived the 111 point check, are their way of encouraging people NOT to shop around. :P

Cheers,
Fair points Simon……Even though it’s free, I’ll miss haggling a discount on the 111 point check like before though!🤣

Pretty sure I’ll take out the Porsche warranty but might shop around for the Assistance 🤔
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Alfie01 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:00 pm Having just ordered a Macan S for November build does anyone know what road side recovery you get with the warranty? I have a bmw and it is full recovery including a caravan as I tow. If anyone can tell me it would be appreciated. Also do you get folding mirrors as I can’t see any option on the list so hopefully it’s standard. It also does not say on the standard equipment.
Recovery is now via the AA and you get for three years. I guess you would have to check with then OPC if it includes your caravan, which I doubt. Have you specced the air suspension?
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Alfie01

Post by Alfie01 »

No I haven’t had the air suspension, jet black metallic, 20 Macan sport wheels in satin platinum, pan roof,side windows trims in black, electric tow bar, 75L tank, exterior trim package in gloss black, privacy glass, reversing camera, 18 way seats, heated steering wheel, Porsche crest on front headrest. And that was trying to keep it down! 😂 £8k
Alfie01

Post by Alfie01 »

Can anyone tell me if the Macan S gen 3 comes with exterior folding mirrors, I can’t find an option to spec it or see it on the as standard. I have the 18 way sports seats does it come with that?
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

It did on Gen 2 so unlikely to have been deleted.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Caster

Post by Caster »

Alfie01 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:17 pm Can anyone tell me if the Macan S gen 3 comes with exterior folding mirrors, I can’t find an option to spec it or see it on the as standard. I have the 18 way sports seats does it come with that?
It does have them Alfie01 - listed in “Comfort & Assistance Systems” part of Standard Features on configurator👍
Dave

TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Just read an email shot from my OPC.
Contained in that message was a somewhat explanation re parts warranty. It said that the two year Porsche parts warranty is not applicable, if the part has been fitted at the cost of the OPC. Or if the part fitted is by way of the initial Porsche warranty, or the extended warranty taken afterwards. Now we know.
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Just read an email shot from my OPC.
Contained in that message was a somewhat explanation re parts warranty. It said that the two year Porsche parts warranty is not applicable, if the part has been fitted at the cost of the OPC. Or if the part fitted is by way of the initial Porsche warranty, or the extended warranty taken afterwards. Now we know.
Caster

Post by Caster »

TheTraveller wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:19 pm Just read an email shot from my OPC.
Hopefully, if the part was fitted at the cost of the OPC or fitted by way of the initial or extended warranty it would be fitted again at the cost of the OPC if necessary - as long as you were still under warranty - I think!🤔
Dave

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Yes, must be true, but it seems to always be the case that you can't extend the original guarantee however many times bits have been replaced.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP