75 Ltr Tank

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:08 pm

This may be a very short string. Does anyone know if the 75ltr tank makes any physical difference to the car i.e. does it take any space from the boot, or reduce the ground clearance etc etc?

MikeM
Posts: 1768
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:13 pm

Post by MikeM » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:17 pm

It’s obviously bigger definitely no difference in boot space, unaware of any change to ground clearance. Suggest you get it, as it’s sometimes very useful to have the extended range between fill ups.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. Boxster S Sport
2012. 991 S
2016. Macan Turbo http://www.porsche-code.com/PHKPBML4
Current
2020. Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PM5815A9

GWL
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:55 pm

Post by GWL » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:28 pm

My current Macan has the 75 Ltr tank, but as I don't do a lot of long journeys I've been pondering staying with the 65 Ltr on my next Macan. It's only about £80 difference - but do I need it?

One thing I'd throw into the mix is this - A mate of mine never used to fill up more than half full as he had a theory that he'd rather fill up more often than waste fuel carrying around 27 kg (37 litres = approx 27kg) of dead weight :roll:
Maybe he has a point...
Current car : Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
Previous : BMW X1 (F48), BMW M135i

MikeM
Posts: 1768
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:13 pm

Post by MikeM » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:47 pm

GWL wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:28 pm
My current Macan has the 75 Ltr tank, but as I don't do a lot of long journeys I've been pondering staying with the 65 Ltr on my next Macan. It's only about £80 difference - but do I need it?

One thing I'd throw into the mix is this - A mate of mine never used to fill up more than half full as he had a theory that he'd rather fill up more often than waste fuel carrying around 27 kg (37 litres = approx 27kg) of dead weight :roll:
Maybe he has a point...
The 75 litre tank was standard on the Turbo and now also on the GTS. Guess it’s based on the lower mpg expectation.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. Boxster S Sport
2012. 991 S
2016. Macan Turbo http://www.porsche-code.com/PHKPBML4
Current
2020. Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PM5815A9

User avatar
ScotMac
Posts: 4910
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:39 pm
Location: Scotland

Post by ScotMac » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:48 pm

I have only got the 60 litre tank which I find to be more than adequate.

On the few long runs that I have done I have yet to wish that I had chosen the (same price) 75litre tank.

On-Track
Posts: 1707
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 12:59 pm
Location: Staffordshire

Post by On-Track » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:06 pm

OmniCognateSnr wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:08 pm
This may be a very short string. Does anyone know if the 75ltr tank makes any physical difference to the car i.e. does it take any space from the boot, or reduce the ground clearance etc etc?
To answer your question, the larger tank doesn't reduce boot space or ground clearance. Having a smaller standard tank helps with the approvals process. I think I'm right in saying that all approvals testing is undertaken with half a tank of fuel.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:17 pm

ScotMac wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:48 pm
I have only got the 60 litre tank which I find to be more than adequate.

On the few long runs that I have done I have yet to wish that I had chosen the (same price) 75litre tank.
Its quite a cheap option and I’m likely to have to drive to Birmingham and back ( from The South Coast ) every now and then, so I checked the box. Time will tell if it makes any real world difference

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:17 pm

On-Track wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:06 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:08 pm
This may be a very short string. Does anyone know if the 75ltr tank makes any physical difference to the car i.e. does it take any space from the boot, or reduce the ground clearance etc etc?
To answer your question, the larger tank doesn't reduce boot space or ground clearance. Having a smaller standard tank helps with the approvals process. I think I'm right in saying that all approvals testing is undertaken with half a tank of fuel.
Approvals ?

On-Track
Posts: 1707
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 12:59 pm
Location: Staffordshire

Post by On-Track » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:56 pm

OmniCognateSnr wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:17 pm
On-Track wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:06 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:08 pm
This may be a very short string. Does anyone know if the 75ltr tank makes any physical difference to the car i.e. does it take any space from the boot, or reduce the ground clearance etc etc?
To answer your question, the larger tank doesn't reduce boot space or ground clearance. Having a smaller standard tank helps with the approvals process. I think I'm right in saying that all approvals testing is undertaken with half a tank of fuel.
Approvals ?
Might not be the correct term but I was referring to the EU type approvals process that allows Porsche to sell particular models.
Last edited by On-Track on Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:08 pm

On-Track wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:56 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:17 pm
On-Track wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:06 pm


To answer your question, the larger tank doesn't reduce boot space or ground clearance. Having a smaller standard tank helps with the approvals process. I think I'm right in saying that all approvals testing is undertaken with half a tank of fuel.
Approvals ?
Might not be the correct term but I was referring to the EU type approvals process that allows Porsche to sell perticular models.
ok. Ta

Post Reply

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post