My GTS 22 build

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Macananon wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:30 am Re ACC, why don't manufacturers allow duel functionality, traditional CC and ACC.
Not sure I understand. Certainly in my current car you can have both. You press 2 buttons in the steering wheel and it switches from ACC to regular CC.

Btw, regular CC comes as standard on the Macan at no extra cost. I suspect there is a way to swap between the 2 like you can on my current car.

Makanik

Post by Makanik »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:27 am
Macananon wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:30 am Re ACC, why don't manufacturers allow duel functionality, traditional CC and ACC.
Not sure I understand. Certainly in my current car you can have both. You press 2 buttons in the steering wheel and it switches from ACC to regular CC.

Btw, regular CC comes as standard on the Macan at no extra cost. I suspect there is a way to swap between the 2 like you can on my current car.
I’m not aware of any way to switch to regular CC if you have ACC. Not sure why you would want to really, since Macans with only standard CC will not stop you driving into the back on the car ahead!
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Thanks guys

One other thing I’ve come to find out is about the air suspension.

The standard GTS sports air suspension is stiffer and lowered, but there is an option to select the adaptive air suspension for free.

Just not sure what to do on that one

Any thought?
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Makanik wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:44 am

I’m not aware of any way to switch to regular CC if you have ACC. Not sure why you would want to really, since Macans with only standard CC will not stop you driving into the back on the car ahead!
My eyes help me to avoid that happening…..
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

sd1985 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:46 am Thanks guys

The standard GTS sports air suspension is stiffer and lowered, but there is an option to select the adaptive air suspension for free.

Any thought?
Are you sure about that option? I agree that there is a tick box and that the wording is the same as for air suspension on any of the model range. On the other hand it does not say that it restores the normal ride height and spring stiffness.

I can see the attraction in that it would recreate the Turbo but if that't what it's intended to do I would expect more specific wording. On the other hand, why have the tick box unless it's intended to make a change.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

On-Track wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:22 am

Any thought?
Are you sure about that option? I agree that there is a tick box and that the wording is the same as for air suspension on any of the model range. On the other hand it does not say that it restores the normal ride height and spring stiffness.

I can see the attraction in that it would recreate the Turbo but if that't what it's intended to do I would expect more specific wording. On the other hand, why have the tick box unless it's intended to make a change.
It’s what others have said on other forums after asking there OPCs

I’ll make a call to my OPC and ask soon

Though sounds like this is the case, otherwise why have it as an option

I love the GTS and I’m sure the sports suspension will be great but I also have my wife and baby to consider so the adaptive air suspension might be slightly better when cruising around…. Just not sure if that will make the driving experience less GTS like etc
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Makanik wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:44 am

The reason you would want to in my current car (not a Porsche) is that it uses the camera for the ACC rather than radar. So if you are driving into really strong sunshine it occasionally has a sulk and stops playing because it can't see where its going. In that case you can flip to standard CC, you just have to remember to press the pedals every now and then if the cars in front slow down or speed up.

BTW, this is not covered in the manual for my current car and the dealer's "expert" didn't know you could do it either. I found it on a YouTube post. Its possible that Porsche does something similar and that its not widely advertised. However, I think Porsche uses actual radar guided CC rather than camera's so its probably never likely to be an issue requiring a work-around on a Porsche.
Machan

Post by Machan »

Any thought?
This is *really* interesting, I never spotted this or realised the difference. In my GTS build I'd ticked the 'adaptive' suspension, but I definitely want the sports air suspension. You're a star for pointing this out. The Porsche configurator is far from ideal in actually helping the buyer make informed decisions.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Machan wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:54 am

Any thought?
This is *really* interesting, I never spotted this or realised the difference. In my GTS build I'd ticked the 'adaptive' suspension, but I definitely want the sports air suspension. You're a star for pointing this out. The Porsche configurator is far from ideal in actually helping the buyer make informed decisions.
No worries
As a rule, you should always walk through your spec line by line with someone at the centre. And ask all the questions you have. Sometimes they don’t know but put the onus on them to find out.

I’m doing that next week with someone at my centre. Asked for a 1 hour tele appt so we are not rushed.
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

A guy at Guildford mention that about the suspension last week. He said he had only just noticed. He said Porsche have done that with other vehicles before.
Several people on here have still ticked the box on their specs, I'm hoping it is what they want or it gets noticed and pointed out. You'd be fizzing if you got the wrong one!!!