Understanding Porsche Brand

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4388

Post by Deleted User 4388 »

Some really rock solid comments here that's clarified my thinking. I appreciate your thoughts.

Going to wait (end of July I think) to find out a bit more about the exact price and spec of 3rd generation model and go new. I will stop the Auto Trader e-mail alerts on second hand cars as I accept its unlikely there is never going to be a big enough saving for me. Problem now is that I have to choose what spec I want, need and can afford!

Can I ask, with an S on 21" wheels, is the PASM a must have, and is the Air suspension really worth the additional £1K on top of PASM?

Thanks again

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Some will say no and it does depend on what your used to but for me would prefer 20” for overall look and comfort. Definitely with 21” I would not take without air. Also interesting that the soon to be launched GTS will move from 20” to 21” as standard and will also include air. You will get other opposite opinions on this subject. IMHO they are of course all wrong 🤨😂😂
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
SB19AV

Post by SB19AV »

CharlesElliott wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:10 am Are you comparing the 'base price' of a new car with the second hand prices? As most Porsches have 10K or more of extras on them, so that needs to be taken into account.
Base price + £10k extras is around £59 / 60k which what a lot of 2019 models are selling at!?
Spud

Post by Spud »

I was always a confirmed Jaguar man, in 2014 I decided I wanted a Porsche Macan , in to the showroom I went thinking a new model they will be keen to get them out there so I will get a good discount, how wrong was I, then I had to go through the configuration, wow I had always been used to everything being included, my new Macan duly arrived in December 14, it was nothing but trouble for the first few months, I finally said I could reject it, the Sales Manager said would I order another one, yes I would, I got the full invoice value back but the new one cost me more because I was “Porsche” hooked and had many extras, after a year I got rid for personal reasons but within 12 months I was back as I got the bug, now on my fourth Macan, had it for 3 years and still get the buzz when driving it, looked to change earlier in the year , great trade in value a very low depreciation but felt couldn’t justify changing as only did 5,000 miles over the last 12 months, so bought a 24 month warranty and intend to see it out, owning a Porsche to me is not about “elitist “ status or anything daft like that, it’s about the engineering quality, the drive, the low depreciation, when you have visited the Porsche track at Silverstone and put the car through its paces and see what it’s capabilities are plus all the technology then you realise what you are buying, yes they are not cheap but I’ve always believed you get what you pay for, luckily I’ve been able to buy a car I never thought I would own, the big problem is now I am totally hooked in the Porsche family and when the time comes to change then where do I go 🤷‍♂️ There is absolutely no other car on the market that I feel I would want, I may end up just keeping what I’ve got as I am not getting any younger. sorry for the long story but I just wanted to explain my Porsche understanding, forgot to say the service I have always had from my Porsche garage is the best I have ever had from dealerships
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I can't really add much to what has already been said, but it is a sellers market at the moment and those not prepared to wait will pay top prices.

Personally, I would not buy a used vehicle when for a little more money I can buy new, but not everyone is so concerned or patient.

As for the brand, it's special and, by and large, the experience is equally good both in buying and owning a Porsche.

As for a Gen 2 / 3, there is another thread on here where many do not like the layout of the expected Gen 3 which is expected to ditch the majority of the buttons and go for the touch control spec.

Therefore, if a Gen 1 or Gen 2 owner is looking to sell, they may find an increase in demand from those opposed to the Gen 3 changes.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
jone66

Post by jone66 »

I have been yearning for a GTS for a long time now, and have only really put it off due to the amount of time I'm away so not getting the use out of it and the pants roads where I live. I'm also interested as to the look and price of the gen 3 and spec but also as previous post has said, every other car I look at just doesn't do it which is why I'm just making do for now. I have planned to take a GTS and GT4 out at Silverstone at my own expense, and enjoy a couple of days away. I think this will push me over the edge to go ahead.
1972 - MKIII Cortina 2L GT
Orion Ghia 1.6 Inj
Then got Married (Twice)
Nissan Micra
Peugeot 307 & 207
Kia Sorrento - Honda HRV
And single again so time for....
Macan GTS - Ordering after lockdown (1st new car Ever) :D
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

On balance, most would say that with 21" wheels, PASM is a must (I would say PASM is a must regardless......you do want a Porsche after all?). I think air is a bit more difficult, but as I use my Macan for towing, it was a must for me. In 'normal' usage, I think air is not as important.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

I have been swithering about placing an order for a month now but I'm struggling to commit without seeing the options return to the configurator (and the price of the gen 3 GTS appearing)
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

jonnydrama wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:33 am I have been swithering about placing an order for a month now but I'm struggling to commit without seeing the options return to the configurator (and the price of the gen 3 GTS appearing)
Regarding the price, I am hoping that the alleged price increase will be due to certain extras becoming standard.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
SB19AV

Post by SB19AV »

Bazza06 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:31 am I can't really add much to what has already been said, but it is a sellers market at the moment and those not prepared to wait will pay top prices.

Personally, I would not buy a used vehicle when for a little more money I can buy new, but not everyone is so concerned or patient.

As for the brand, it's special and, by and large, the experience is equally good both in buying and owning a Porsche.

As for a Gen 2 / 3, there is another thread on here where many do not like the layout of the expected Gen 3 which is expected to ditch the majority of the buttons and go for the touch control spec.

Therefore, if a Gen 1 or Gen 2 owner is looking to sell, they may find an increase in demand from those opposed to the Gen 3 changes.

Hi Bazza06. Do you have the title of that thread? It’s the exact dilemma I have. Put down a deposit for a Gen 3 but would like to know people’s views on the touch panel in other models. I think I like the buttons!?