Porsche Connect App

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Clossie

Post by Clossie »

i can only offer my experience and insights, after fighting with this for a while,

If you are using the Porsche App on your phone to create routes, then it is true that your phone has to connect to your in car WiFi hotspot to transfer the saved routes to the PCM. This is the design and has always worked as such in my experience. Once the phone connects it takes a short while for the route to appear under the favourite/user POi list.

If you wish to use the map POI function available via connect store / my.Porsche.com on your computer, then you have to follow the instructions to set up “send to my car” on google https://www.google.co.uk/maps/sendtocar
You will need an email account linked to your Porsche account (connect-store profile email address) and send to car set up online with the same account for the google maps system to send the data from the internet to your car (which I assume has an active connect-store service plan. )

You have to set the two things up independently. (App and Online) and the saved destinations do not sync between the two either.

It’s a bit weighty, but a lot of the info is in here https://connect-store-static01.porsche. ... jVjZDQ0MTk

FlyingBiker

Post by FlyingBiker »

“send to my car” on google https://www.google.co.uk/maps/sendtocar
This only works on Gen 1 cars not the wonderful upgrade to Gen 2.
I was informed before purchasing the car of this function (this was one on the items on my wish list for a new car), it was only after purchasing the car and being referred to Porsche UK that this function was removed and replaced by the all new Navigation Plus and the Connect App.
Have got the Google link to work on a Gen 2 if yes what email address are you using, is it the same email you use to log into you MyPorsche account and any other information you may have, please.
During January and February 2021 my Online (PC) connection and my Android 7 App connection was synchronise. The Porsche Connect app was installed on a new phone 3 weeks ago due to Porsche removing support for Android 7 forcing me to upgrade my phone. On the new phone all my original destinations are available so they must be stored on the Porsche server and synchronised with the new phone App.
Can you currently access Navigation Plus through the MyPorsche portal?
What data package are you using? Are you using the Connect App or the Connect Car App?
Sorry for being a pain but I am trying to get to the solution of this problem so trying to get as much information as possible.
pmg

Post by pmg »

FlyingBiker wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:30 am “send to my car” on google https://www.google.co.uk/maps/sendtocar
This only works on Gen 1 cars not the wonderful upgrade to Gen 2.
I was informed before purchasing the car of this function (this was one on the items on my wish list for a new car), it was only after purchasing the car and being referred to Porsche UK that this function was removed and replaced by the all new Navigation Plus and the Connect App.
Have got the Google link to work on a Gen 2 if yes what email address are you using, is it the same email you use to log into you MyPorsche account and any other information you may have, please.
During January and February 2021 my Online (PC) connection and my Android 7 App connection was synchronise. The Porsche Connect app was installed on a new phone 3 weeks ago due to Porsche removing support for Android 7 forcing me to upgrade my phone. On the new phone all my original destinations are available so they must be stored on the Porsche server and synchronised with the new phone App.
Can you currently access Navigation Plus through the MyPorsche portal?
What data package are you using? Are you using the Connect App or the Connect Car App?
Sorry for being a pain but I am trying to get to the solution of this problem so trying to get as much information as possible.
I used to used send to car feature via Google maps quite often in my last BMW. I have found I have needed it as much in my "Gen2" Macan as the Macan has the google search feature within the navigation "app" on the car screen. which BMW then did not provide.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
FlyingBiker

Post by FlyingBiker »

An update to my ongoing problems with the Gen2 navigation system. After my last post and an email to Porsche I got a reply, they have admitted that they are having problems with the PCM system. Their German colleges are working to resolve the issue. That was back in back in May 2021, since then there has been no progress.
I have been on a tour of Scotland over the last 2 weeks and therefore have been trying to find a way to make the nav system useful.
Back in March when MyPorsche (navigation option) worked on a PC I inputted a large number of data points into the system. Initially the data points were available on my Android devices. As the holiday approached I was experimenting alternative ways of getting the data points into the nav system. I discovered that if a android device is collected to the Cars Hotspot you can send one data point to the nav system, there were extreme limitation to this though.
1 Send via New Destination; it may take about 5 minutes before the nav system acknowledges receipt. You must now tell the nav system to navigate to the destination. If that is all you want to do great but my first GPS in the 2020 did that.
2 If you want to enter a waypoint you have to do that via the GPS system, never mastered how to do that as generally the nav system would set the waypoint as the destination and delete the original destination.
3 If you want to save the destination for future use you initially go through stage 1 then save it from rececient destination, otherwise it is lost.
Going back to the data points I inputted in March they all disappeared from my android devices at the same time at the PC connection to the MyPorsche (navigation option) stopped working.
Following the failure of the PC option I was forced to use the use a Android Tablet to set up destinations and waypoints. Again this is totally unacceptable. If you with to enter a address in the centre of London it works but if you enter a remote hotel in the Scottish highland it an be up to 5 miles out. This is because it works from PostCodes not Latitude and Longitude coordinates or PlusCodes. This problem also exists when to use your you contact list to set the destination. The second issue is if you locate a point on the map you can use that exact location but you cannot rename it, it appears to use the nearest road number, so all you see on your destination is a series of numbers.
Is anybody satisfied with the Gen2 Nav System? Has anybody used the system successfully to complete a extended touring trip? Or am I the only won with issues with it?
pmg

Post by pmg »

FlyingBiker wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:02 pm
Is anybody satisfied with the Gen2 Nav System? Has anybody used the system successfully to complete a extended touring trip? Or am I the only won with issues with it?
In general, I am satisfied and in practice prefer it to the BMW system around 2014 in my last car. Yes, that was better for sending a destination from a home PC to the vehicle. However, in my Macan, I find the Google search facility in the car very useful and reliably find my more obscure destinations via that facility. I also find the ability to set the Google search using voice control when actually driving and a need emerges on the road for a reset in destination or to add a stopover, eg "Search google for nearest xxxx supermarket"
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I concur with pmg, although prior to the Macan I only used Google Maps on mobile for navigation (a map book still lives in the Macan!) That said I am disappointed at not being able to program a specific route using the best "driving roads" as opposed to fastest, shortest or ecological. We need a FUN option. From Sheffield, I get over this by going via Stanhope and Barnard Castle to Northumberland but being able to plan that on my Galaxy tablet in the lounge and send it to the car would be a delight, I'm just not convinced creating an email account for the purpose is justified. I regularly set a destination and then take my own route however much ignoring the sat nav directions winds up the Missus 😉. Have you realised the steering wheel volume control works on the navigation voice so long as you use it "when she's speaking" ? Useful!

As regards the Connect App I've not been able to get into it for some time, I'm just reinstalling it and may have another go. However, I've been able to access the Navigation Plus via "My Porsche" and yesterday created 5 new destinations in N York's for this week's trip. I selected the "send to car option" for each. Today I looked in car to see if they showed up, not immediately and while it's worked in the past and with my IT experience maybe I should've given it more time for proper analysis and reporting here purposes (I'm retired!) I set up the Wi-Fi (first time) connection to my phone and they were there. K...POW! Given the choice between the Macan driving experience and a map or something inferior with total Econnectivity, well its not really a choice, is it?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

Regarding navigation, on a different car I found sending the route from PC to car worked in a way that was too convoluted and I don’t bother with it any more. On the Macan, having found the place I want on a PC or phone I use the car’s nav screen to display the location, enlarging the display as necessary. Then by pressing and holding the finger on the screen it can be entered as either the destination or a waypoint. This has been sufficient for me.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

Just picked up my new GTS a couple of weeks ago, had previously downloaded the Connect app and had been sent a code to connect, sent the code to the dealer so they could set it all up. It doesn’t work at all, but they have offered a Masterclass on anything I want due to the limited Covid handover. I intend to book a session as soon as the Covid restrictions are lifted such that I can have a Porsche person in the car with me without a mask or other restrictions. Wish me luck, if it gets sorted I’ll post details on here.
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

bigbaldybloke wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:39 am Just picked up my new GTS a couple of weeks ago, had previously downloaded the Connect app and had been sent a code to connect, sent the code to the dealer so they could set it all up. It doesn’t work at all, but they have offered a Masterclass on anything I want due to the limited Covid handover. I intend to book a session as soon as the Covid restrictions are lifted such that I can have a Porsche person in the car with me without a mask or other restrictions. Wish me luck, if it gets sorted I’ll post details on here.
Same here, waiting for restrictions to lift to book our Masterclass.
We only had our offer of a masterclass and the Porsche experience come through last week.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)