2022 Model Year changes speculation

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I think most functions will be/already are available via MFD and steering wheel controls, the touchscreen doesn’t really need to be touched too much.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.

pmg

Post by pmg »

the long term the solution is voice control and the "Gen 2" software is one step away from providing everything via that route
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Porsche voice control is poor at best. No buttons mean I abandon ship after 15 years................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

I won;t be alone......
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

bennachie wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:49 pm Porsche voice control is poor at best. No buttons mean I abandon ship after 15 years................
Gen 2 Macan voice control is considerably better than Gen 1.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Firstly, voice control isn't great. Secondly, even if it was great, I simply don't want to speak to my car to ask it to do things. If the temperature needs beefed up a bit, I want to quickly nudge the rocker switch a few times without taking my eyes off the road. I don't want to press the voice control button and speak in a mechanical clear way, and hope for the best the temperature increases a bit. It's technology for the sake of technology.

Many motor journalists are slating cars for how difficult it is to change the stereo volume. The simplest way, proven through decades, is a rotary dial. So why make it more complicated for the driver? Recent Volkswagens, for example, require you to slide your fingers across a touch sensitive panel. It either doesn't work or you change the volume much more than what you want.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I’ve said this before, but I wonder how much market research Porsche do on these things. It’s clear to me that the majority do not want these touch sensitive switches and screens, even the journalists do not like them, I wonder who actually likes this progress?
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Said it before, will say it again - aviation, even cutting edge stuff, does not use touch screen for important stuff that is likely to take eyes off what you are supposed to be doing. Zero, zero vis on short final requires attention, a bit like navigating our city centres or booling down the busy motorway. Not fannying around with a touch screen and its menus
Deeker

Post by Deeker »

Does anyone think that Porsche will reintroduce the 3 litre diesel?

Audi saw the light with the SQ5, having temporarily substituted that model with a petrol engine, and subsequently reverting to the newer more powerful and fuel efficient Diesel engine.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

No way!

They have an EV coming for MY2022 too.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver