bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Pressure wash....
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

AndyC160 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:24 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:23 pm
AndyC160 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:19 pm Unfortunately it sounds like the conditions where its parked are ideal for moss/ mold to grow. It will probably just come back in a short period after clearing it off.

Try one of those car detailing forums. They might know of a product other than domestic bathroom mold cleaners 🤔
I’d be very wary of bathroom mould cleaners. Some of them can be very aggressive.
I wasn't being serious about using bathroom cleaner 😉
Maybe, but perhaps not everyone realised that, hence my post.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

bennachie wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:57 pm Pressure wash....
This ^^^^^^^ along with some snow foam. Can do the whole car at the same time, just turn the pressure down around the window seals.
Job done.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
andreas

Post by andreas »

Toddie wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:03 am I have green mold growing on the window seals. Can anyone suggest a safe product to use on the felt type window seal that is at the bottom of the window where it drops into the door?

Car lives outside with a lot of trees behind our house, also where drive is it is the shade for a lot of the day.
The safest product would be one containing benzalkonium chloride - a powerful algaecide and fungicide. Polycell 3-in-1 Mould Killer is one such product, in a handy spray bottle. Patio Magic is another, but tends only to be available in larger quantities. Avoid most bathroom mould killers, they contain bleach. Avoid Milton, that's just dilute bleach in an expensive bottle.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
PBT147

Post by PBT147 »

Check this out, spray it on once a year and the mould disappears, no scrubbing needed. Spray on and leave it to do it's work. I used this on wife's convertible fabric, hood & window seals. You will only need a small amount so plent left over to spray on any other mouldy areas around the garden.
https://www.wetandforget.co.uk/residential-services
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

PBT147 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:01 am Check this out, spray it on once a year and the mould disappears, no scrubbing needed. Spray on and leave it to do it's work. I used this on wife's convertible fabric, hood & window seals. You will only need a small amount so plent left over to spray on any other mouldy areas around the garden.
https://www.wetandforget.co.uk/residential-services
Now that is a coincidence, I am just about to order some of Wet n Forget for my block paving which also has green mould/algae on it. So will give it a try. Thank you.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I found the long bristled soft paint brush and water worked just fine. No chemicals other than whatever South Staffs Water Co adds to the drinking water!
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
PSEE

Post by PSEE »

distilled vinegar - highly acidic, likely to kill mold

dilute bleach solution - nothing lives through bleach - sodium hypochlorite

the fungus among us!
andreas

Post by andreas »

Toddie wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:58 am
Now that is a coincidence, I am just about to order some of Wet n Forget for my block paving which also has green mould/algae on it. So will give it a try. Thank you.
Wet n Forget contains benzalkonium chloride, as I recommended. It's much safer to use than any sort of bleach.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
PBT147

Post by PBT147 »

Guys just brushing it off or using bleach doesnt kill the lichen and algae. One application of this will kill this and make it go away without the need of any scrubbing. Spray it on, leave and in acouple of days it's totally gone and won't come back for atleast another year.