Rear lights water ingress

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
PSEE

Post by PSEE »

Yes, the bumper cover must be removed and in order to do that some Torx bolts have to be removed from the
rear wheel wells and in order to do that some of the wheel well liner screws have to be removed and in order to
do that the rear wheels have to be removed...

...and, blue painter's tape needs to be applied to the rear fenders in order to assure no scratches are made when
getting the bumper cover off...

Painful, eh? Not what one would call, "designed for serviceability"

Whew!!!

Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Progress update, car is still @ OPC avaiting delivery of replacement new rear LED light under warranty. Car should be back tomorrow pending arrival of new part. I will try to find out why it was leaking water into it.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

So Macan delivered back today, with new light fitted in the tailgate, apparently a seal had failed on the original, but as I haven’t seen the old one I can’t be any clearer than that. The service person did say that the technician had checked the other side and said that it was fine.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.