Warranty Refund

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Guy

Post by Guy »

Further to the above:

Policies taken out prior to 1 Jan 2019 were underwritten by Allianz Versicherungs-Aktiengesellschaft, known as 'Allianz'

More recent policies (i.e yours) are underwritten by Real Garant Versicherung AG.

They are 'registered and regulated' in Germany, but 'authorised by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority'. They appoint Porsche Financial Services GMbH (German Company, also authorised by FCA) to distribute the Policy either directly or through its agents Porsche Cars GB Ltd and each of the OPCs.

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Tree, woofing, incorrect, Futile...........................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

:roll: So, if I buy a used ford Mondeo with a year warranty and I sell it three months later I am entitled to a refund of 9 months Ford extended warranty?.........
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

I'm not a lawyer but unless I've missed something above I think you're probably going to be disappointed. While the cost of the warranty would have been factored into the price of the car when you bought it, you didn't purchase it directly from the warranty company. So unless you have an invoice that specifically lists the cost of the warranty itemised separately from the price of the car I'd be surprised if you got anything back for the unused portion. It would be like buying a TV with a 5 year warranty included in the price from John Lewis, selling it after 2 years and asking John Lewis to provide a refund for the 3 unused years. Not going to happen.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Must be an echo........................
bobajob

Post by bobajob »

I purchased a 2 1/2 year old SD from an OPC in November 2019. The purchase invoice showed the additional 2 year warranty as a separate item with the associated cost.
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Yes that’s the same as my invoice. Warranty and breakdown on separate lines. I suggest the OP asks the supplying dealer for a copy of the invoice. If it’s broken out, bingo, if not, then I’m not sure there is much hope.
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

So, picture this. OP contacts dealer “Yes, I bought my car from you with an extended warranty included. No I didn’t sell it back to you as I got a higher price from a independent trader. So I want the remaining cost relating to my warranty reimbursed. Do I have a separate warranty document? Do I have the purchase documents? Do I have the car? NO, all gone once car gone but if you give me your copy of my documents I think I can show that you owe me Money. 🧐
Sorry sir, but all gone once car gone 🤭 😉
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

If I was the OP I would start by ringing the dealer and simply asking for a copy of my purchase invoice and nothing else. Then see what it says. It’s not an unreasonable request, it’s irrelevant if the OP has the car still or not.
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

I don't know if it would be possible to do it another way. It all depends on how the warranty is worded. If it's down to the specific car and not the owner, then possibly find out who is the end purcheser, and if they have a major problem with the car, you could do a deal with them to have the repairs done in your name, and get some cost paid to you by them.