Getting ready to order

All your ordering information here!
Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels »

Skyway wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:03 pm
AllanG wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:56 pm I’ve got comfort access, and I like it, as it’s so easy to lock and unlock the car with the key in my pocket….but it was already an option on the Macan I bought, as it was a stock car.

My previous Macan didn’t have it.
You still get the remote locking/unlocking. All it means for me is I have to put the key in that nice key holder and then turn it instead of the stupid turn switch Porsche install. 😁
I like the comfort access and I included it for my car….., but I am always wary to ensure that the car is locked, and I therefore rely on the door mirrors folding to indicate a locked car…..BUT (unless I have set things up incorrectly) the door mirrors do not fold when I lock the car when closing the boot with the lock button?….and hence I then question if the car is actually locked - is this correct? Do others experience the same?
Macan S
Code: PR5S7372

2japs

Post by 2japs »

Hot Wheels wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:27 pm
AllanG wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:56 pm I’ve got comfort access, and I like it, as it’s so easy to lock and unlock the car with the key in my pocket….but it was already an option on the Macan I bought, as it was a stock car.

My previous Macan didn’t have it.
You still get the remote locking/unlocking. All it means for me is I have to put the key in that nice key holder and then turn it instead of the stupid turn switch Porsche install. 😁
I like the comfort access and I included it for my car….., but I am always wary to ensure that the car is locked, and I therefore rely on the door mirrors folding to indicate a locked car…..BUT (unless I have set things up incorrectly) the door mirrors do not fold when I lock the car when closing the boot with the lock button?….and hence I then question if the car is actually locked - is this correct? Do others experience the same?
Yes, it’s an anomaly that using the tailgate close and lock button the wing mirrors don’t fold inward.

Also take note that using the tailgate lock the car remains effectively open for 45 seconds, this is a feature to allow you to open the car in case you have left the keys inside.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

2japs wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:43 am

Yes, it’s an anomaly that using the tailgate close and lock button the wing mirrors don’t fold inward.

Also take note that using the tailgate lock the car remains effectively open for 45 seconds, this is a feature to allow you to open the car in case you have left the keys inside.
I wasn't aware that you can lock the car with the keys inside, my previous Merc would refuse to shut the boot if the keys were inside, will have to try it and see what happens.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:42 am
2japs wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:43 am

I wasn't aware that you can lock the car with the keys inside, my previous Merc would refuse to shut the boot if the keys were inside, will have to try it and see what happens.
It’s with the comfort access option, don’t know about without 🤷‍♂️
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)