Another GTS on order

All your ordering information here!
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I chose carbon for the interior initially, but removed it once I found out it was just glossy plastic with a carbon imprint ;)
Macan S MY 2023

wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Skyway wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:40 pm I chose carbon for the interior initially, but removed it once I found out it was just glossy plastic with a carbon imprint ;)
Problem with the Carbon, like you say, it's very shiny like the Gloss black trim. Sunny days it's just reflects sunlight.

To avoid that I went for brushed Aluminium, and pleased I did.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I actually reverted to Piano black which I thought I wouldn't like, but actually it's been fine so far.
Macan S MY 2023
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

GTS comes with a darkened aluminium trim as standard which is the nicest of the bunch imo.

I do like carbon, but as said above, it's a layer carbon veneer over plastic rather that 'solid' carbon. Whether that matters to you I don't know. It does look good, though.

Keep the PTV+ - if you have the budget its a great option to make the car feel as agile as possible in the tight bends.

Some thoughts on PTV+ here:

viewtopic.php?t=6159

I have it on mine and you can tell when it's working magic, the car just feels pointed through the corners as if you're driving a nimble saloon rather than a 2T SUV.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Really nice spec 👍
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

Welcome to the forum. A nice spec but I have to say the carbon “stuff” certainly loads the price quickly!

My serious comment on the spec are whether PTV is necessary on an SUV and tongue in cheek is re-sale grey - really? But it’s your car so spec as you want it.

My GTS has been built and is somewhere in transit and I’ve been running a Gen 1 Turbo for the last 6 months. I have had M cars for the last 15 years and I find two things in the Macan are streets ahead of my past and present BMWs - the ride quality when combined with the handling is in a different league and the PDK when compared to BMW DCT or the 8 speed auto is like driving a sports car compared to a regular hatchback.

If you get a chance to do your PEC experience and try a PTV car vs a non-PTV car in extreme driving conditions before locking spec, that would be useful. My PEC experience in the Macan was non-PTV like my new car and I found the handling very impressive and more capable than I’d ever need on the road.

Good luck with your order (it’s difficult not to keep ‘fiddling’)
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
Kiernan

Post by Kiernan »

PJV997 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:29 pm Welcome to the forum. A nice spec but I have to say the carbon “stuff” certainly loads the price quickly!

My serious comment on the spec are whether PTV is necessary on an SUV and tongue in cheek is re-sale grey - really? But it’s your car so spec as you want it.

My GTS has been built and is somewhere in transit and I’ve been running a Gen 1 Turbo for the last 6 months. I have had M cars for the last 15 years and I find two things in the Macan are streets ahead of my past and present BMWs - the ride quality when combined with the handling is in a different league and the PDK when compared to BMW DCT or the 8 speed auto is like driving a sports car compared to a regular hatchback.

If you get a chance to do your PEC experience and try a PTV car vs a non-PTV car in extreme driving conditions before locking spec, that would be useful. My PEC experience in the Macan was non-PTV like my new car and I found the handling very impressive and more capable than I’d ever need on the road.

Good luck with your order (it’s difficult not to keep ‘fiddling’)
Thanks for the comments. A few things to give some background

Colour - I also have a 991.2 GTS in the garage, and that's Carmine Red. I was tempted to get something brighter, or even Carmine Red again, but I think the red and grey will go well together and the Macan is more of a daily driver, so I don't want it to be too 'shouty'

PTV - I want to drive cars with and without before finalising my spec, but at the moment it's still in. I went through the same process with the 911 and the GTS sports suspension and rear axle steering. Some people advised that the latter wasn't really necessary on a road car, but after driving numerous cars at the OPC, I had to have both so the car was delivered on that basis. Having driven the car for some years, I've never regretted the choice, so hopefully it will be the same with the Macan.

We'll know more about the rumoured price increase shortly so I can budget accordingly (not that it works - i always go over budget when ordering a car!)
2024 Macan GTS - Carmine Red
2017 911 Carrera GTS - Carmine Red
You could say I like Carmine Red
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

Kiernan wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:29 am We'll know more about the rumoured price increase shortly so I can budget accordingly (not that it works - i always go over budget when ordering a car!)
I’ve got that t-shirt too!!
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

I will die on the hill that PTV+ suits the AWD SUV platform incredibly well as it directly works to reduce understeer and introduce chassis rotation.

You may argue that you'll never be driving your Macan hard enough to feel the benefit, but it's certainly possible to do so - I have done and will continue to do so, PTV+ makes the car feel so incredibly nimble and pointed. It's a great addition IMO.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

wab172uk wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:54 am
Plyphon wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:19 am Nice one, congrats!

The Macan will be night and day to your X3M - those things have a horrible chassis and suspension setup compared to the Macan - X3M may be faster in a straight line, but certainly not round the twisties!

Share your Porsche code so we can all tell you to spend more money on various options :lol:
That is very true. I went from X3 M40i to Macan S, and the difference is startling. The X3 is a great car, fantastic in fact. But the ride quality and handling are just in another league. So it the gearbox.

Two things I miss with the X3 though is I-drive with the rotary wheel. And the driving position.
Its the driving position, comfort seats and I-Drive functionality that I'm worried about missing so much if I change my X5 for a Macan S.
If Porsche jack up the prices again next week, it could make a Macan S very close in price to a Alpina X3d....and that's considered to be a much better and more comfortable and compliant drive, suspension wise to a X3M, down UK B roads, and with 730Nm of torque, not slower in the real world.