Macan S Gentian Blue, about to lock in!

All your ordering information here!
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I don’t see anything wrong with the standard side blades and lower trims… but do have a look through the photos of cars in different specs on the approved used search. We ended up going for the painted blades and so on because they suited the black paint better; I think on Gentian that would actually have the opposite effect.
2023 Macan T - http://www.porsche-code.com/PPMPKF77
Due 2025: Cayenne S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PRBH59L6
2023 Audi S6 Avant
Suzuki Jimny
Mini Cooper

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Plyphon wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:10 pm Ohhh hmm interesting build!

I would 100000% add surround view camera - the Macan is deceivingly large (wide) and that surround view has saved my bacon (and wheels) many times over.

I'd also strongly consider sports exhaust. Those who I know who have Macan S without the sports exhaust are disappointed by the lack of emotion from the sound.

Power steering plus - I've driven cars with and without it, it is kinda nice at super slow reverse bay parking speeds, but anything above that is useless and actually can feel a bit electronic. Standard steering is on balance, the better choice for me.

Ooh yeh air ride, thats worth speccing too. Blimey you can spend some money huh.
Disagree, The Macan S in Gen 3 guise without Sports Exhaust has an amazing sound. When my car was in for its Comfort Entry the other day a car started up in the car park and I thought that really sounds throaty....It was my Macan ;)

Also, power steering plus is essential in my book. Makes slow manueuvring palatable and doesnt affect normal motoring and feel at all as it dies away with some speed.
Last edited by Skyway on Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Macan S MY 2023
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:32 am
IanGent wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:02 am Any thoughts on my spec?
It's your car, have it how YOU want it..... but wouldn't the chrome widow trim "pop" like the exhausts and tie in nicely with the wheels too? £600 for shiny bits at the back and then spend more go get rid of them elsewhere? Crazy!
I'm scratching my head over this as well......black trim look pretty much everywhere, but shiney exhaust doesn't compute to me, but we're all different.

600 notes for the sports tailpipes seems a waste of money to me, when they sound no different to the standard exhaust system, but Porsche are very good at doing that :lol:

Can't comment on other spec as I don't have one yet, and as others have said, what I'd spec or wouldn't spec is different and just a matter of choice.

For me, I wouldn't even consider pano roof, lane change assist, adaptive cruise or power steering plus options.

Nice colour combo, though 8-) Although, for me Genetian is too dark for my personal liking, as I really can't be arsed to look after dark coloured cars now at my age.
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

Jon A wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:51 am Don’t let the SE tell you this or that will effect resale/desirability
^^^^This.

Ignore what any SE tells you..........most don't have a clue no matter what manufacturer they work for.
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

IanGent wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:30 pm thanks for replies so far
wab172uk are these the standard tailpipes in photo ?
From the configurator -
"Sports tailpipes: £602.00
Distinctive twin dual-tube tailpipes in brightly polished finish."
They look thicker , same as when you have sports exhaust and the salesman said the standard ones tarnish are look bad pretty quickly whereas these will clean up nicely !
Window trim black - I like the stealthier look of this trim with the tinted windows.
Thoughts on keeping the 3d honeycomb side-blades and lower trims standard?
I should have 75L fuel tank and spare wheel on my spec.
@Plyphon had sports exhaust on an AMG made me drive very antisocially :twisted:
Tia
Yes, standard exhaust. Once in sports mode it sounds good too. I wouldn't bother with a sports exhaust. It's an SUV not a 911.

SE tried getting me to spec everything in Black, but it all just blends into to be all one colour.

I saw a Macan in Gentain Blue with painted side blades, and they just looked crap. If blade delete was an option then maybe. But painted blades just look odd.

The 75l tank is worth the money. Less time sat in service stations.
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

IMG_2946 (2).JPG

My Gentian Blue with all the shiny bits , including the £606 optional tailpipes.

IMG_2812.JPG

The only option I couldn't do without is the Surround camera , everything else is up to you.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

IanGent wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:30 pm thanks for replies so far
wab172uk are these the standard tailpipes in photo ?
From the configurator -
"Sports tailpipes: £602.00
Distinctive twin dual-tube tailpipes in brightly polished finish."
They look thicker , same as when you have sports exhaust and the salesman said the standard ones tarnish are look bad pretty quickly whereas these will clean up nicely !
Window trim black - I like the stealthier look of this trim with the tinted windows.
Thoughts on keeping the 3d honeycomb side-blades and lower trims standard?
I should have 75L fuel tank and spare wheel on my spec.
@Plyphon had sports exhaust on an AMG made me drive very antisocially :twisted:
Tia
I specced the chrome tailpipes on my SD. They were brilliant in every sense of the word. Better quality finish and never tarnished in 3 years of use.

2017-05-02 (9).jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
EngineerMK

Post by EngineerMK »

As others have said…Go with what you want. For me i went with Gentian Blue and a Pebble interior plus lots of other personal choices.

i’d recommend the little mentioned load space management system (look on you tube for a more info, the configuration is economical with info) its a great way to make sure you don’t end up with scrambled eggs on the drive home from the supermarket.

IMG_4728.jpeg

IMG_4729.jpeg

IanGent

Post by IanGent »

Thanks for the photos chaps , very nice and very helpful. The Gentians look different but both good. Makes me more happy of my choice of honeycomb side-blades, tinted windows and black window trims - Does someone have a good pic of that ?
The sports style tailpipes are expensive option but they do look good, I cant imagine the £20 ones on ebay are as nice :lol: Thanks SAC1
Reverse camera , I wouldn't even use the standard one tbh so not one for me.
Thought power steering plus was needed from my test drive, seemed too heavy at parking speeds for me.
load management system - My car is used as a golf buggy so plenty of places to wedge some eggs !
Can someone explain the MY23 and MY24 please ?
What will my December car be?
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

IanGent wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:26 am Thanks for the photos chaps , very nice and very helpful. The Gentians look different but both good. Makes me more happy of my choice of honeycomb side-blades, tinted windows and black window trims - Does someone have a good pic of that ?
The sports style tailpipes are expensive option but they do look good, I cant imagine the £20 ones on ebay are as nice :lol: Thanks SAC1
Reverse camera , I wouldn't even use the standard one tbh so not one for me.
Thought power steering plus was needed from my test drive, seemed too heavy at parking speeds for me.
load management system - My car is used as a golf buggy so plenty of places to wedge some eggs !
Can someone explain the MY23 and MY24 please ?
What will my December car be?
I agree on the reversing camera. I've never missed or needed the surround camera.
Unless you do a considerable amount of night driving, you do not need the dipping mirrors. I can never recall being dazzled on any road. The tinted rear window does the job for anti-dazzle of the rear mirror. The door mirrors do not cause a dazzle issue in my 6+ years of Macaning.
Power sttering plus - the "plus" assistance is only up to 10 mph . Did not need it with 19" wheels on my SD, but have it for my GTS with it's larger and wider tyres. You do not loose any steering feel etc at speed IMO.
Given that your car will be post the factory holiday, it will be MY24.
As has already been said - listen to Forum opinions, but decide the options that best suit you. Then ENJOY your new ride.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver