Macan S Gentian Blue, about to lock in!

All your ordering information here!
IanGent

Post by IanGent »

Hi all
This is my code after many incarnations :roll: https://configurator.porsche.com/en-GB/ ... m=PRBNG7Z2
The certainties I have suck with is Gentian Blue with Beige interior and love the standard S wheels, added extended leather after sitting in a few cars. I had previously colour coded the lower trims and side-blades but have gone full circle and taken them back to standard plastic and after looking at lots of cars online I think this is for the best and makes the car look to unique to other brands. The 3d honeycomb side-blades ties in with the front and rear and the plastic if cared for properly is black and matches with the parts you cannot colour code. Really like the silver tailpipes and silver decals on the rear, pops from the blue & matches wheels.
Seats : Like the 18 way but with beige think the bolsters could show wear prematurely so have opted for 14 way.
Pano roof and sports chrono I am not too fussed about but dealer has advised that they are nice to have and I will get the money back on resale and find selling easier. Have read about all the pano roof leaks recently but I garage my car so not worried about that issue.
BOSE - I like my music but the S that I test drove didn't have BOSE and I thought it sounded fine but have asked to try car with it on at the lock in appointment. Don't want Air suspension, thought the ride was good without it and have had a previous nightmare with it on an Audi so happy to omit that !
"Lock in" is before end of Oct for December delivery. I'd like to do it earlier for my own sanity :lol: & I think my PC is at breaking strain with all the Porsche config, youtube and advert tabs it has open :lol:
Any thoughts on my spec?

wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

If I was speccing again, I'd probably do away with the Pano roof. Yes, it lets light in, but you have a bright interior, so not as much of an issue as black.

Plus, I've found to actually open, they are useless. On hot days, roof open. The cabin is boiling, so you end up closing it and sticking the AC on. On warm days it's nice to have open. But then get up to speed and the buffeting is awful, so you end up closing it and sticking the AC on. Personally I'd have the cash and spend it elsewhere.

I'd also knock off power steering plus. Waste of money. Standard system is light enough in traffic & parking, and you get consistent steering throughout

Sport Chrono. I use it on every drive. I never originally specced it, but pleased I included it.

With the saving of Pano, I'd add.
Air suspension
Spare wheel
75l fuel tank.

Problem with the Porsche configurator is you can just go nuts with the options. I was just over £13k and wanted more. But you have to stop somewhere.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

IanGent wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:02 am Any thoughts on my spec?
It's your car, have it how YOU want it..... but wouldn't the chrome widow trim "pop" like the exhausts and tie in nicely with the wheels too? £600 for shiny bits at the back and then spend more go get rid of them elsewhere? Crazy! I love the blue, would have gone for it but I expected it to take over from Grey in popularity, wrong there, and was concerned about it showing swirls and scratches. Personally I don't like beige and don't understand the attraction of privacy glass but I refer the reader to my opening line!
Is this a new dalliance with the brand or just an addition to the fleet? ;)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I would just get what you want. No one on here will ever agree with a single spec which is why the cars out there are so great, i.e. we're all different and so are the cars :)
Macan S MY 2023
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Agree with Neil and Skyway, just get what you want. Don’t let the SE tell you this or that will effect resale/desirability - I didn’t spec Bose and was happy with the sound but it didn’t make one jot of difference to the price I got when sold in July!
You would struggle to go wrong by just getting what you want 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

The £600 exhaust tips - how do they differ from the standard exhaust? Isn’t that shiny dual pipes on an S anyway?
2023 Macan T - http://www.porsche-code.com/PPMPKF77
Due 2025: Cayenne S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PRBH59L6
2023 Audi S6 Avant
Suzuki Jimny
Mini Cooper
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:02 pm The £600 exhaust tips - how do they differ from the standard exhaust? Isn’t that shiny dual pipes on an S anyway?
Indeed, standard are a matt finish stainless steel... my sentiment too!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:32 am
IanGent wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:02 am Any thoughts on my spec?
It's your car, have it how YOU want it..... but wouldn't the chrome widow trim "pop" like the exhausts and tie in nicely with the wheels too? £600 for shiny bits at the back and then spend more go get rid of them elsewhere? Crazy! I love the blue, would have gone for it but I expected it to take over from Grey in popularity, wrong there, and was concerned about it showing swirls and scratches. Personally I don't like beige and don't understand the attraction of privacy glass but I refer the reader to my opening line!
Is this a new dalliance with the brand or just an addition to the fleet? ;)
Agreed. Chrome windows, exhaust tips and roof bars look mint in Gentian Blue !!

IMG_2773.jpg

IMG_2776.jpg

Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Ohhh hmm interesting build!

I would 100000% add surround view camera - the Macan is deceivingly large (wide) and that surround view has saved my bacon (and wheels) many times over.

I'd also strongly consider sports exhaust. Those who I know who have Macan S without the sports exhaust are disappointed by the lack of emotion from the sound.

Power steering plus - I've driven cars with and without it, it is kinda nice at super slow reverse bay parking speeds, but anything above that is useless and actually can feel a bit electronic. Standard steering is on balance, the better choice for me.

Ooh yeh air ride, thats worth speccing too. Blimey you can spend some money huh.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
IanGent

Post by IanGent »

thanks for replies so far
wab172uk are these the standard tailpipes in photo ?
From the configurator -
"Sports tailpipes: £602.00
Distinctive twin dual-tube tailpipes in brightly polished finish."
They look thicker , same as when you have sports exhaust and the salesman said the standard ones tarnish are look bad pretty quickly whereas these will clean up nicely !
Window trim black - I like the stealthier look of this trim with the tinted windows.
Thoughts on keeping the 3d honeycomb side-blades and lower trims standard?
I should have 75L fuel tank and spare wheel on my spec.
@Plyphon had sports exhaust on an AMG made me drive very antisocially :twisted:
Tia