Macan S Gentian Blue, about to lock in!

All your ordering information here!
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Four Gentian Blue S's and all different, so many choices .

2japs

Post by 2japs »

MooseMiller wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:10 pm
2japs wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:03 pm
Happy 7th anniversary on the site :)

Blood Hell! I remember joining when looking around for info on the Macan as I was green as grass( probably still am 😂)picked the the car up on 17th March 2017, so didn’t realise a member here for a fare while before that.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
IanGent

Post by IanGent »

New User wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:54 pm Here is my GB S showing standard exhaust without £600 chrome tips. Privacy glass is the insulated/acoustic one which can look different to the normal type (it certainly does inside). I went for black lower trims and painted sideblades but also had painted rear apron. Only you will know what looks good to your eyes.

Good luck with final choices. Have no Pan roof as extended pebble is bright enough. Have no Bose and clarity is excellent although deep bass is missing if that is important to you.

IMG_0696.jpeg
Thanks for Pic New User - on reflection the standard exhaust tips kept clean look good, so now thinking to save the £600 but put it towards Air suspension which in my stupid way of thinking means it is only costing me £500 :D Read a few forum posts re air and most views are its great, was initially leaving it off as have problems with air going wrong on a 10 year old S8 Audi I had and was £££ to repair. :o
Wonder what else I'll be changing before lock in :roll:
Handy156

Post by Handy156 »

IanGent wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:02 am Hi all
This is my code after many incarnations :roll: https://configurator.porsche.com/en-GB/ ... m=PRBNG7Z2
The certainties I have suck with is Gentian Blue with Beige interior and love the standard S wheels, added extended leather after sitting in a few cars. I had previously colour coded the lower trims and side-blades but have gone full circle and taken them back to standard plastic and after looking at lots of cars online I think this is for the best and makes the car look to unique to other brands. The 3d honeycomb side-blades ties in with the front and rear and the plastic if cared for properly is black and matches with the parts you cannot colour code. Really like the silver tailpipes and silver decals on the rear, pops from the blue & matches wheels.
Seats : Like the 18 way but with beige think the bolsters could show wear prematurely so have opted for 14 way.
Pano roof and sports chrono I am not too fussed about but dealer has advised that they are nice to have and I will get the money back on resale and find selling easier. Have read about all the pano roof leaks recently but I garage my car so not worried about that issue.
BOSE - I like my music but the S that I test drove didn't have BOSE and I thought it sounded fine but have asked to try car with it on at the lock in appointment. Don't want Air suspension, thought the ride was good without it and have had a previous nightmare with it on an Audi so happy to omit that !
"Lock in" is before end of Oct for December delivery. I'd like to do it earlier for my own sanity :lol: & I think my PC is at breaking strain with all the Porsche config, youtube and advert tabs it has open :lol:
Any thoughts on my spec?
In all seriousness have you considered going up a grade you get a lot more a standard?
2japs

Post by 2japs »

IanGent wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:20 pm
New User wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:54 pm Here is my GB S showing standard exhaust without £600 chrome tips. Privacy glass is the insulated/acoustic one which can look different to the normal type (it certainly does inside). I went for black lower trims and painted sideblades but also had painted rear apron. Only you will know what looks good to your eyes.

Good luck with final choices. Have no Pan roof as extended pebble is bright enough. Have no Bose and clarity is excellent although deep bass is missing if that is important to you.

IMG_0696.jpeg
Thanks for Pic New User - on reflection the standard exhaust tips kept clean look good, so now thinking to save the £600 but put it towards Air suspension which in my stupid way of thinking means it is only costing me £500 :D Read a few forum posts re air and most views are its great, was initially leaving it off as have problems with air going wrong on a 10 year old S8 Audi I had and was £££ to repair. :o
Wonder what else I'll be changing before lock in :roll:
Nowt wrong with a bit of man maths, essential when buying a Porsche or any car for that matter😮🤔
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Handy156

Post by Handy156 »

This would be my specification......

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR2HGRV7

I come form an every option car so its very difficult to leave stuff off!!
IanGent

Post by IanGent »

Handy156 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:37 pm This would be my specification......

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR2HGRV7

I come form an every option car so its very difficult to leave stuff off!!
Approx £16K more than my config !!
I did look at GTS and being cautious it was still coming to £8-£10K more than the S & I really like the S standard wheels and the S Honeycomb side-blades which wouldn't have worked.
Deleted User 4788

Post by Deleted User 4788 »

Ive had my Gentian S now just over a year. The things I like most about my car in order are:

Air Suspension
Chrono
Surround View
Spare Wheel (Really helped when i got puncture)
Moave Beige Interior with 14 way seats
Exterior Colour
75 Litre Tank
Speed Limit View
Adaptive Cruise Control (used when I first bought it)
Chrome Exhaust tips/Chrome window trim
21 inch Spyders (Buggers to clean but look nice)
IanGent

Post by IanGent »

petew0557 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:51 pm Ive had my Gentian S now just over a year. The things I like most about my car in order are:

Air Suspension
Chrono
Surround View
Exterior Colour
75 Litre Tank
Speed Limit View
Very Helpful , No Pano roof ?
Speed limit view I hadn't considered as google maps does a pretty good job of that.
I do like playing with cruise control on long journeys and wonder if the ACC would take the boredom busting factor of me getting the increased speed buttons confused with the volume buttons as i do at present on 12 mile 50mph stretches :lol:
Handy156

Post by Handy156 »

IanGent wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:06 pm
petew0557 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:51 pm Ive had my Gentian S now just over a year. The things I like most about my car in order are:

Air Suspension
Chrono
Surround View
Exterior Colour
75 Litre Tank
Speed Limit View
Very Helpful , No Pano roof ?
Speed limit view I hadn't considered as google maps does a pretty good job of that.
I do like playing with cruise control on long journeys and wonder if the ACC would take the boredom busting factor of me getting the increased speed buttons confused with the volume buttons as i do at present on 12 mile 50mph stretches :lol:

ACC is a must it is a hell of a piece of kit.

you see a lot of German cars with it. (recently looking for a LHD)