Macan S Gentian Blue, about to lock in!

All your ordering information here!
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

IanGent wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:26 am Can someone explain the MY23 and MY24 please ?
What will my December car be?
MY is model year. Manufacturers usually change over to each model year in their summer factory shutdown, when they use the shutdown times to change over specs etc on the production line, and any slight changes to the following years spec.

So, your Dec build will be MY24, as MY24 production runs from end of Aug 2023 to beginning of Aug 2024.

IanGent

Post by IanGent »

Ah, Ok thanks GeeRam , I was hoping i might have a chance that the PCM would be updated so that android phone would work, sounds like that's a NO then. Will have to buy a little Box to do the trick.
Just had the email re booking track day experience so will try to book that up asap. i.e before I "lock in" Im sure I will see a lot of Macans there with different trims and options to help decisions.
Will see if I can pay and get my 21 yr old son in a 911 for the experience, he'll love it :)
Scotty2F

Post by Scotty2F »

I think you’ll do very well to fit the track day in before you get the car. I booked in August for late December.
New User

Post by New User »

Here is my GB S showing standard exhaust without £600 chrome tips. Privacy glass is the insulated/acoustic one which can look different to the normal type (it certainly does inside). I went for black lower trims and painted sideblades but also had painted rear apron. Only you will know what looks good to your eyes.

Good luck with final choices. Have no Pan roof as extended pebble is bright enough. Have no Bose and clarity is excellent although deep bass is missing if that is important to you.

IMG_0696.jpeg

New User

Post by New User »

The other thing about Gentian is how it changes according to light. On a sunny day it can look a very rich shade of blue and this may influence your thoughts about sideblades painted or not.

IMG_0824.jpeg

IanGent

Post by IanGent »

Scotty2F wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:32 pm I think you’ll do very well to fit the track day in before you get the car. I booked in August for late December.
I just rang them , can go this monday ! Was lots of dates available soon.
Will probably go the week after as my son is back from holiday and he can share the experience they said :D
IanGent

Post by IanGent »

New User wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:54 pm Here is my GB S showing standard exhaust without £600 chrome tips. Privacy glass is the insulated/acoustic one which can look different to the normal type (it certainly does inside). I went for black lower trims and painted sideblades but also had painted rear apron. Only you will know what looks good to your eyes.

Good luck with final choices. Have no Pan roof as extended pebble is bright enough. Have no Bose and clarity is excellent although deep bass is missing if that is important to you.

IMG_0696.jpeg
Thanks - standard tips do look good but think I will still add the chrome tips as the other pics posted look great. Your wheels were what i would have opted for until i saw the standard S Wheels , I love em.
Good info on Bose too.
Think cannot go wrong with whatever I choose with the side-blades and lower trims all the cars posted on here look great, painted or plastic. Will be booking my Experience day for the week after next so sure I will see a lot in the flesh to help finalise decision. I'm still swayed towards standard tbh.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Worth having a play with the painted rear apron on the configurator - I had already resolved to get that before choosing the full painted skirts etc because I think the rear looks unfinished without it. Great pics above showing how it works in Gentian yet still goes with black sills.
2023 Macan T - http://www.porsche-code.com/PPMPKF77
Due 2025: Cayenne S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PRBH59L6
2023 Audi S6 Avant
Suzuki Jimny
Mini Cooper
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Nice spec and excellent contributions from fellow members, I think it depends on your lifestyle and pick the options to suit. Eg, I’m retired and hardly on motorways , I wouldn’t thank you for ACC but some wouldn’t be without it.
Pano roof
I really like due to above, I get what wab is saying about it when open at higher speeds.
PSP
my wife loves it along with Surround view, great in car parks.
75lt tank
Mine has 65ltr tank, above is a no brainer for little cost( used to be free)
Tailpipes
Nowt wrong with std ones but if you really like the chrome get them.
Sports exhaust
IMO a total waste of money, the S sounds great on start up even in normal mode, lovely in sport. A while back a member on here with a GTS said he switched it off cause it droned on him and sounded like a wet fart!
Std S wheels
Pictures doesn’t do them justice, they look great on the car and are easy to clean!
Exterior / interior
No right or wrong all down to personal taste.
That’s the beauty of Porsche, multiple choices mainly expensive 😁

IMG_0160.jpeg

Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB