First Porsche

All your ordering information here!
crockers

Post by crockers »

Very nice spec. For me I’d only add blind spot monitoring- very useful when driving abroad.
Colour is a personal choice - so no comments there.
Air v steel. I have air and find it great. I drove a steel at the PEC and thought that great. So unless you can drive them back to back very hard to make a call. The steel was on 21” and my air on 20”.
I must be the exception as I can’t really tell the difference- both are great. It’s like tyres. People rave over this brand and that but I’ve rarely noticed any difference.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Good spec.

I have had Macan’s with and without Air, so now I would always spec Air.

That said some find it wallows, so if you are considering Air, do take one out on loan over very uneven roads.

18 way seats are a very snug fit, they do not work for me, the extra 4 ways are just side and squab bolster adjustments and even on low its still to snug for me.

SPARE WHEEL, should be a no brainer to include (don’t make me post the image of the flat that I had, the folks here are fed up of seeing it) so tick the box then buy a Repair kit to give options.

Heated steering room, a great addition, far more useful than bling.

Finally, do look at the chosen white on a car in bright sunlight, it has a blue sheen to it. I was going to spec it until I saw the colour on a Macan in the lot, it just happened to be parked next to a Solid White Macan hence the blue sheen was very evident.

Good luck finalising the spec
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:34 am ....Finally, do look at the chosen white on a car in bright sunlight, it has a blue sheen to it. I was going to spec it until I saw the colour on a Macan in the lot, it just happened to be parked next to a Solid White Macan hence the blue sheen was very evident....
Excuse me for slightly drifting off topic but a bit of probably useless information for you is that way back in a previous life repairing and spraying cars I once attended an ICI paint mixing and tinting course in Slough. As most of you know, each vehicle colour is mixed from various base colours and at times can be slightly out which is where a skilled paint guy will 'tint' the paint to match. Anyway, the two things that stick in my memory from this course is that the one colour tint that, when added, makes white appear whiter and blacks appear blacker is BLUE. The other thing was that men are quite commonly colour deficient so it is very common (can't recall the stats) where men are slightly colour blind. Women on the other hand are much less likely to be colour deficient. We even visited a lab where difficult or troublesome colours were being formulated or tinted and all of the colourists were indeed female for that reason. So maybe take a lady with you to choose your colours :D
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

MooseMiller wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:57 am
Col Lamb wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:34 am ....Finally, do look at the chosen white on a car in bright sunlight, it has a blue sheen to it. I was going to spec it until I saw the colour on a Macan in the lot, it just happened to be parked next to a Solid White Macan hence the blue sheen was very evident....
Excuse me for slightly drifting off topic but a bit of probably useless information for you is that way back in a previous life repairing and spraying cars I once attended an ICI paint mixing and tinting course in Slough. As most of you know, each vehicle colour is mixed from various base colours and at times can be slightly out which is where a skilled paint guy will 'tint' the paint to match. Anyway, the two things that stick in my memory from this course is that the one colour tint that, when added, makes white appear whiter and blacks appear blacker is BLUE. The other thing was that men are quite commonly colour deficient so it is very common (can't recall the stats) where men are slightly colour blind. Women on the other hand are much less likely to be colour deficient. We even visited a lab where difficult or troublesome colours were being formulated or tinted and all of the colourists were indeed female for that reason. So maybe take a lady with you to choose your colours :D
Maybe that's why my wife likes Crayon so much and I don't.