New GTS order and spec

All your ordering information here!
Snook

Post by Snook »

New member here, so firstly a big hello to everyone! I’ve been looking around and there seems to be a lot of useful topics which have been a great help already.

I recently called my previous dealer (had a C4S cab a while back) enquiring about delivery times for a Macan GTS and was told several to 12 months. I left it that I would think about it and would get back to them. About a week later I got a call saying they had a cancelled order for Oct/Nov delivery and did I want it. I had until Sept for lockdown of spec, I decided to proceed - it seemed like too good an opportunity to miss.

Here is my proposed spec: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR75GGZ5 I would welcome comments, I know a great deal is subjective and personal choice, but maybe I missed something..

I have a couple of questions that hopefully you guys can help me with. Firstly, is there a reason you wouldn’t select the Adaptive Air Suspension option? It’s free and seems a no-brainier, but isn’t ticked by default. Secondly, how durable are the race-tex sear centres?

Thanks all,
Adrian

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Welcome
Looks pretty good to me. I might suggest a more comprehensive leather or leather/racetex option as it creates a much higher quality interior.
Re air, the GTS gets air as standard but in a slightly lowered stance which suits the car. You can select “normal air” if you don’t want the lowered element but that’s a personal choice
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Spec is pretty good

Suggestions:-

Upgrade the seats to 18 way

Spare wheel, I can post an image of why you should include one

If the car is not going to be garaged then include Heated Steering Wheel

Air Suspension is IMO excellent but some have previously complained of motion sickness so do test Macan’s with both options that are available
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Snook

Post by Snook »

Should have had the spare wheel on there, missed that one. Heated steering was selected. I wasn’t sure if the extended leather was needed, again, I’ll revisit that. Are the 18 way seats really that much better?
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Snook wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:30 am I have a couple of questions that hopefully you guys can help me with. Firstly, is there a reason you wouldn’t select the Adaptive Air Suspension option? It’s free and seems a no-brainier, but isn’t ticked by default. Secondly, how durable are the race-tex sear centres?
Hi Adrian, welcome to the forum.

To add to what Jon has said, the standard air suspension is stiffer (sportier?) as well as being lower. The option box you have ticked is to go for the air suspension as fitted to the Macan S.

I have the GTS extended leather on my Gen 2 GTS and at three years old the Alcantara (now Race Tex) centres look as if the car has just come out of the show room. I'm not actually sure whether the centres are Alcantara or Race Tex as my car was one of the very last MY20 cars and until it arrived I thought it was going to be MY21.

The interior of the car is where you'll spend most of your time so I agree with Jon that you should go for one of the extended leather options. Unless you're a real audiophile you could save money by de-selecting Bose as the standard system is fine.

I think you'll struggle to find a GTS demonstrator fitted with the eight way seats so you're taking a shot in the dark by sticking with them. The GTS eight ways are not the same as the eight way seats in either the Macan or Macan S. Some on this forum feel very strongly that they are all you need whereas others (including me) go for the adjustability that comes with the other options.

Comfort Access is very much a personal choice. The Porsche system is a little perverse in that it has a dummy key in the ignition slot (as opposed to a start/stop button). Given all the issues around keyless entry I can't see why anyone would go for it even if the Porsche system is reputedly one of the more secure systems. I would imagine it will add to your insurance premium.

The GTS is a great car and you are lucky to have got a cancelled slot. Enjoy the car when it arrives.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Snook wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:18 am Should have had the spare wheel on there, missed that one. Heated steering was selected. I wasn’t sure if the extended leather was needed, again, I’ll revisit that. Are the 18 way seats really that much better?
So to be clear, the 8w sports seat and the 18w seat are exactly the same construction profile. The 18w allow for lumbar adjustment, under thigh extension and adjustment of the side bolsters (tighter or looser)
The 18w also have a memory function which extends to some elements of the car like mirrors etc.

I found the 8w in my friends GTS to be very comfortable and didn’t miss the extra adjustments but then I was a passenger. Sit in both and decide for yourself is the best answer.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting the build slot. I placed my deposit in January and expecting delivery in October, so you have done well.

Re spec, all looks pretty good and as you say a lot is subjective, but my comments:

Seats - you need to try them and see what is more comfortable. I have specced the 14 ways as I find them more comfortable than the 18 ways (which I have on my Macan Turbo) whereas I think the majority of forum members recommend 18 ways.

Extended leather - I think the extended leather really lifts the interior and in the Porsche world is actually pretty good value for money. It’s probably one of the first items I’d tick on the options list when I think about the internal ambience of cars I’ve had with full leather vs those with partial leather.

Comfort access - we have this on all our current cars and it is convenient, but we have decided not to spec on either of our new Porsche orders due to the security risk.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

If you opt for 14 or 18 way seats you get driver & passenger memory FOC. Extended leather for me every time.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Welcome.

I would add Speed Limit Indicator.

The race tex seat centres are very durable. I have had them in both my Macans and neither has shown any signs of wear after 3 years. Cool in summer and warm in winter. They also grip you better than the all leather seats. I prefer the 8-way seats having done extended test drives with the 14 and 18-way. We regularly do 150 mile / 3 hour drives and do not need to stop as they are so comfortable.

Do physically inspect and do extended GTS test drives to check your option choices. Even if it means going to several OPCs. Hopefully you can utilise the PEC, before you lock down, to drive and examine GTS options too.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Snook wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:18 am Should have had the spare wheel on there, missed that one. Heated steering was selected. I wasn’t sure if the extended leather was needed, again, I’ll revisit that. Are the 18 way seats really that much better?
It is the range of adjustments that 14 or 18 way have that mean an exact fit is easy to tailor to suit plus the full memory function for multiple drivers and/multiple seating positions is possible. I am the only driver of mine and one position is with the seat squab high another with it low and the third mid way hence on a long journey I can switch between them at the touch of a button.

The lack of Lumber support harks back to cars of the 60’s & 70’s, mostly pretty uncomfortable on long journeys.

The 14 way are far more comfortable for me and many others, the side and rear bolsters are to big for me even when set as low as possible. The net result is a very snug fit with no wriggle room on long trips. But a GTS being a GTS, 18 way goes with the look and style.

It is inside that matters as that is where you spend most of your time so do get that right to suit your preferences.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags