GTS order in - thoughts on spec

All your ordering information here!
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Plyphon wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:33 pm
Jon A wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:19 pm I think there are only two Macan seat designs. Comfort and sports and then bolster/under thigh/lumbar adjustment differences for 8,14 and 18 way.
So sports seat in 8w, 18w are the same seat design and then different coverings such as cloth, leather or racetex ?
The confuserator seems to suggest there are 3:

Comfort
Sport seats plus
GTS Sport Seats.

The Macan base and S gets:
Comfort 8 way
Comfort 14 way
Sports Seats Plus 18 way

The GTS Sports Seats are only available on the GTS and T.

The GTS gets:
GTS Sports Seats 8 way
Comfort 14 way
Sports Seats Plus 18 way

However as you say the GTS Sport Seats and Sport Seats Plus do look strikingly familiar, but I can’t tell the difference.

I guess on one level you get the 18 way comfort/shape, but without the adjustment (and saving some money).
Yes I think the sports seats are same design with same size bolsters etc. The “plus” bit refers to the added adjustability, but design is the same.
Same deal for comfort seats just 8 or 14 way but essentially the same design.
Could be wrong but I think two basic designs?
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0

CKMAC

Post by CKMAC »

Bose - I have tested both Standard and Bose systems. There is not much difference when you are at the front row. However, it sounds much better for the Bose system when you are sitting at the back row.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

CKMAC wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:10 am Bose - I have tested both Standard and Bose systems. There is not much difference when you are at the front row. However, it sounds much better for the Bose system when you are sitting at the back row.
That’s what my wife said, she’s a backseat driver!
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
CKMAC

Post by CKMAC »

2japs wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:25 am
CKMAC wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:10 am Bose - I have tested both Standard and Bose systems. There is not much difference when you are at the front row. However, it sounds much better for the Bose system when you are sitting at the back row.
That’s what my wife said, she’s a backseat driver!
That's exactly what my wife said as well!!!
CKMAC

Post by CKMAC »

Try this video link:
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Jon A wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:04 pm
Yes I think the sports seats are same design with same size bolsters etc. The “plus” bit refers to the added adjustability, but design is the same.

Yeh that makes sense - so the 'draw' of the GTS 8-way is the sportier shape/bolstering for zero cost. Which is kind of cool if you feel like you don't need the 18 way adjustment.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Plyphon wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:36 am
Jon A wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:04 pm

Yeh that makes sense - so the 'draw' of the GTS 8-way is the sportier shape/bolstering for zero cost. Which is kind of cool if you feel like you don't need the 18 way adjustment.
The GTS 8-way seats are great and are very comfortable. Extremely supportive without overly high bolsters, so easier to get in out of the car. The Alcantara centre panels help with the "grip" factor and are cool in summer; warm in winter compared to the all leather seats.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

Good choice! Sooner you get the order in the sooner you get the car.

My thoughts on your spec quandry:

Seats: I went 18 way, as I liked the way the hugged me (lol), 14 way a comfy though as a second option. Didn't try the standard 8 way.

Pano Roof: Don't be bamboozled into this if you aren't going to use it. I didn't get one and am glad I didn't. No worries about leaks or having to clean the drains. Never once thought the interior was too dark without it, and I would have kept the blind closed most of the time anyway.

Torque Vectoring: Unless you're getting the GTS package where its included I am not sure I see the benefit of it as a standalone option. Never once have I been driving in the real world and thought to myself I really needed it. Spend your money elsewhere imo.

GT Wheel: One of the best options available. As has been said, the wheel is a tad smaller, but thicker. Feels great to hold and has a nice 12 oclock strip. Real improvement over the standard wheel.

Bose: I got this and think its great. I wouldn't buy a 75/80k car with bog standard speakers, but that's just my opinion. Burmester was too much extra over the Bose, I thought the Bose was a happy compromise.

Extended Leather: On a Base or T I would say its not crucial. But on a GTS I think its really worth having. Lifts the interior.

Other Spec thoughts from my experience would be:

GT Wheels: The absolute don.

Spare Wheel: No brainer at the cost.

Surround View: Crucial

Lane Change Assist: Found this useful too

Happy hunting!
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Go with what you want. Most on here will just try to justify not having options, and then affirm how they can’t do without options they did choose!
For instance I could tell you that I have a roof that I use every day (which I do) and have never had the blind closed since I’ve had it!
Sunroof is just an option neither good or bad it just comes down to whether you want (will use) one or not.
Same with most options really - other folks telling you they are great/crap doesn’t really help you unless it’s an overwhelming view one way or the other. The only option I can think of where this might be true is the wireless charger (bad) 🤔
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Jon A wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:00 pm Go with what you want. Most on here will just try to justify not having options, and then affirm how they can’t do without options they did choose!
For instance I could tell you that I have a roof that I use every day (which I do) and have never had the blind closed since I’ve had it!
Sunroof is just an option neither good or bad it just comes down to whether you want (will use) one or not.
Same with most options really - other folks telling you they are great/crap doesn’t really help you unless it’s an overwhelming view one way or the other. The only option I can think of where this might be true is the wireless charger (bad) 🤔
Wireless charger now standard, which pretty much all thinks it’s useless 😳
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)