Tracking build & shipping

All your ordering information here!
Simon9999

Post by Simon9999 »

I locked down my build in early May with a view to June build and July delivery (fingers crossed).
How can I track build and delivery progress ?

Thanks, Simon
Simon

Macan S - June 2023 build
http://www.porsche-code.com/PR5NCS10

FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Use the MyPorsche app which shows which of the 5 basic stages it's at, and ask your dealer for an update every month. The key point you're waiting for is when the car reaches V300 which I think is when it's fully built and on its way to you. You can't access that info but the dealer can (and sees progress on their system based on such codes) so ask in those terms.

Good luck, and hope it comes to you quickly
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
Simon9999

Post by Simon9999 »

Thanks FirstSeaLord that’s really helpful.
However, my car/build doesn’t appear in my MyPorsche app.
I’ll get back to the OPC but do they have to load/link something to make it appear ?

Simon
Simon

Macan S - June 2023 build
http://www.porsche-code.com/PR5NCS10
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Yep - ask your dealer and they'll give you the required info.

BTW it didn't automatically happen for my Macan either but I never followed up to fix it. It worked fine on another car though, and on another went back from phase 5 to phase 3, which was annoying to say the least.

It's not the best system
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

FirstSeaLord wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:10 am Use the MyPorsche app which shows which of the 5 basic stages it's at, and ask your dealer for an update every month. The key point you're waiting for is when the car reaches V300 which I think is when it's fully built and on its way to you. You can't access that info but the dealer can (and sees progress on their system based on such codes) so ask in those terms.

Is that a thing for the Macan - I thought that was just certain other models

To be honest OP, it will be totally unreliable anyway so just wait for the call !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Tracky wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:10 pm
FirstSeaLord wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:10 am Use the MyPorsche app which shows which of the 5 basic stages it's at, and ask your dealer for an update every month. The key point you're waiting for is when the car reaches V300 which I think is when it's fully built and on its way to you. You can't access that info but the dealer can (and sees progress on their system based on such codes) so ask in those terms.

Is that a thing for the Macan - I thought that was just certain other models

To be honest OP, it will be totally unreliable anyway so just wait for the call !
Ah - Didn't know it was model specific. Agree that it's not at all reliable
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

In 2008 I ordered 3 new cars all to arrive for 1st March

Twin turbo X5 built in America - arrived on time
V6 audi TT vert - written off on the boat over
Lotus Exige S - On Time lost it for a while between Norfolk and Sussex so it wasn’t…On Time !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

How long did it take for Audi to organise a new one? I wouldn't have enjoyed taking that call from the dealer (or making it)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I have seen some folks with an app called Track Your Dream.

Might be primarily for overseas (mostly 911s?) but am sure that some UK buyers have accessed it.

Shows a few photos of the car during build.

Edit: Looks like it might currently be for 911s and Taycans, and possibly for North America only. :(

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
EngineerMK

Post by EngineerMK »

FirstSeaLord wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:38 pm How long did it take for Audi to organise a new one? I wouldn't have enjoyed taking that call from the dealer (or making it)
Back In 2010 the BMW dealer managed to 'crush' my partners new 3 series under the workshop roller door as he went to drive it round to the front of the showroom minutes after we'd signed the paperwork. The car was badly damaged just minutes after I'd taken ownership but before I'd seen it. I've never seen anyone look so pale as he broke the news to us. Half an hour later we were in a loan car. Five weeks later a new 3 series was handed over to us; with a few options thrown in to keep us happy!