Read the manual pre-delivery

All your ordering information here!
Leaky

Post by Leaky »

So, I've a June build slot, hoping for July delivery. Very exciting, having only placed the order in February.

I'm someone who actually likes to read the instructions, as well as get in the car and drive. I hoped that I could use the "Good to Know" app (heard about it on here) to start getting to know my car before it arrives, but all I get on there is "Download the Porsche App". I've done that, but there is nothing useful in it. My Garage has dark/light shading scrolling across the main sections (because I haven't actually got the car?) and has recommendations for extras that I could buy. Nothing that's actually useful.

Any suggestions from the collective wisdom of the forum? I'd really like to start preparing myself before the car is sitting in the garage tempting me to go for a drive rather than read all about it!

Thank you...

GWL

Post by GWL »

If you can state the model and options, I'm sure there are many here who can give hints & tips.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Pretend youre getting a 2022 model and it might let you download the GTK, it's 90+% the same!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Leaky wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:12 pm So, I've a June build slot, hoping for July delivery. Very exciting, having only placed the order in February.

I'm someone who actually likes to read the instructions, as well as get in the car and drive. I hoped that I could use the "Good to Know" app (heard about it on here) to start getting to know my car before it arrives, but all I get on there is "Download the Porsche App". I've done that, but there is nothing useful in it. My Garage has dark/light shading scrolling across the main sections (because I haven't actually got the car?) and has recommendations for extras that I could buy. Nothing that's actually useful.

Any suggestions from the collective wisdom of the forum? I'd really like to start preparing myself before the car is sitting in the garage tempting me to go for a drive rather than read all about it!

Thank you...
Sounds like you're looking at the 'My Porsche' app, the one you want is 'Porsche - Good to know'. Go to 'Car Selection' then 'Macan' and choose your model year.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

The latest Good to Know just points you to the My Porsche App now
Macan S MY 2023
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

get a trip to silverstone the guys will teach you all you need to get up and running
Leaky

Post by Leaky »

Thank you for the responses. Choosing MY22 in the Good to Know app has unlocked things for now.

My Porsche app is no use to me until I can put a car in My Garage, for which I need a VIN number.

I will indeed go to Silverstone, but saving that for when I've got the car and have got used to it. Think I'll get maximum benefit if I've already done the basics and can use the track / instructor to learn more.