Seeking real pictures of Anthracite Chestnut

All your ordering information here!
Leaky

Post by Leaky »

Final decision for my S build spec is whether to stick with the shiny black plastic trim inside or switch to the anthracite chestnut. Anyone gone with it and able to share some real photos, or seen it "live" and able to share thoughts? I've found a grand total of two so far.

FWIW I have decided on the full extended leather in black and am going to add the black race-tex roof lining (had it in a Cayenne a long time ago and loved the richness it added).

Long term (10 years plus) car so specification is for me, not for resale.

Thanks in advance.

AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

I'm sure someone posted up some photos of their new macan with anthracite trim...I thought it looked very smart. Sorry that's not much help but hopefully whoever it was will be along soon...or just do a search.

I also love alcantara rooflining...well worth it for under 1k...really lift the cabin to another level. Along with full leather it should feel very luxurious and sporty at the same time 👌
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Leaky

Post by Leaky »

Thank you! They do look good. Choices, choices...

Thank you for the feedback on the roof lining as well. "Sporty but luxurious" sums up what I'm trying to achieve really well. It's a vehicle that has to do everything, including dog car / trips to the tip, which is why I've decided it has to be a black interior - I'll be careful, boot liner and dog guard will be added, but it needs to be practical. It's a Porsche and I want it to feel like it. But I do want (maintainable) luxury.
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

Yes it was me. I like wood trim in a car interior as in my view it adds a touch of warmth and texture. But having seen the walnut option in my father’s Macan S, I felt it looked a little bit too much like it had been nicked from an old Jag, whereas the Anthracite is more contemporary and subtle. I have it with black leather. I can imagine it would also look good with a lighter leather.

This is the only other photo I currently have on my phone:

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Last edited by Wolands Advocate on Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

The only thing I did do was add the coloured face just to the Sport Chrono dial, as otherwise I felt it would be a bit too sombre inside.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I didn’t spec any interior trim options on our imminent T but I’d have gone for the anthracite chestnut if I’d seen it. It doesn’t seem to be available on the T though. Shame. Is the basic standard trim just a piece of plastic? I’m now wondering how that will look with extended leather…
2023 Macan T - http://www.porsche-code.com/PPMPKF77
Due 2025: Cayenne S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PRBH59L6
2023 Audi S6 Avant
Suzuki Jimny
Mini Cooper
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:48 pm I didn’t spec any interior trim options on our imminent T but I’d have gone for the anthracite chestnut if I’d seen it. It doesn’t seem to be available on the T though. Shame. Is the basic standard trim just a piece of plastic? I’m now wondering how that will look with extended leather…
Standard is the piano black, very shiny, was fine with the black standard interior on my last car and still fine with black extended leather in my new version. I'm sure I'd be equally happy with the aluminium or chestnut though!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Argo

Post by Argo »

I have the standard T interior and the door trims and dash are matt black, I had thought about Aluminium when I spec'd mine as I wasn't a fan of the shiny piano black but the SE assured me the trims on the T would be matt. My only criticism is that the centre console and screen are shiny so there is a bit of a contrast. there was someone on here a few months ago who got those wrapped with a matt film which I thought at the time would look quite good and match the matt black trim better.
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Mine has matt black plastic and I think it looks pretty good...I don't look at it and think cheap plastic trim. I'm not really a fan of loads of gloss black trim. Scratches too easily and it's used in every other car these days.
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160