Black / Pebble Interior

All your ordering information here!
Leaky

Post by Leaky »

Trying to choose between black & pebble extended leather and black with crayon stitching extended leather. Exterior to be Papaya for those who are curious. It will be a long term car (quite possibly 10 years plus).

Need some insight from those with the black / pebble interior please.

I'm aware of the need to be careful about dye from jeans, but have also seen reassurance that the pebble seats are easy to clean and wear well if looked after.

My concern is that the doors are pebble all over, including the bottom panel (which I assume is plastic?) which will get scuffed. At least this is my experience with current and previous cars (all of which have had black rather than light materials at this level). Parking in any tight spaces cannot always be avoided, and means that it is also unavoidable that shoes will make contact with the door.

How have those who have the black / pebble interior found this? Do scuff marks happen, and do they clean off easily?

Thank you.

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

No scuffs but very occasionally a muddy mark that cleans off easily. These marks would also be left if colour was black so would still need to wipe it clean.
All of the door is covered in leather (except for the speaker cover) and pebble areas in footwell area are plastic and easily cleaned.
My seats are 9k miles old and still look amazing and makes for a “dramatic” interior which gives it a feel of elevated quality somehow.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Leaky

Post by Leaky »

Thank you, that's reassuring. Leather all the way down helps too (glad I asked that one). It must look fantastic with your Carmine, as I think it would with Papaya.

I saw the pebble interior briefly, in bright sunshine and felt it was very white. Didn't get to sit in it as it was a customer at the dealership who happened to hear me asking about it and very kindly unlocked his own car in the car park so I could have a look. Immediate reaction was that it was too white and I moved away from it. Now that order lock time is approaching I'm revisiting.

Think I might need to go find one and have another look.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

It’s more of a very light grey really but it is light in colour. It doesn’t show dirt if wiped over from time to time, but I would do that with black too as I don’t like sitting on grubby seats just because I can’t see the dirt! 😂

AE6E1FE4-B75E-48F9-8056-DDFF3DEE1807.jpeg

4C4D039A-79DF-4A19-B0F7-F08340470413.jpeg

718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I really like pebble, but my artistic wife, and I, think that black would go better with Papaya. As always, it’s down to personal preference though. At least one member here has pebble with crayon, which I certainly wouldn’t choose, but that’s me. Sleep on it (not the pebble) and all will become clear :D
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Leaky

Post by Leaky »

"I really like pebble, but my artistic wife, and I, think that black would go better with Papaya. As always, it’s down to personal preference though. At least one member here has pebble with crayon, which I certainly wouldn’t choose, but that’s me. Sleep on it (not the pebble) and all will become clear :D"

How do you both feel about the black with the crayon stitching? Or do you think black with black?

Agree re sleep on it. And possibly get on the road tomorrow and go find some cars to look at in the flesh! I've found Papaya exterior with Papaya stitching within reach.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

One of the demo cars at my local OPC is pebble, I think it looks great but I did notice on the demo, blue dye from jeans was quite prominent and yes the door cards were quite badly marked from users shoes, probably goes to show the car isn’t cleaned as it should and may put customers off the pebble, I’ve also seen the black extended leather with crayon stitching and it looks imo, classy.
If papaya, personally I would go with above but papaya stitching.
That’s the conundrum with Porsche, almost too much choice 😏
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Leaky wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:49 pm "I really like pebble, but my artistic wife, and I, think that black would go better with Papaya. As always, it’s down to personal preference though. At least one member here has pebble with crayon, which I certainly wouldn’t choose, but that’s me. Sleep on it (not the pebble) and all will become clear :D"

How do you both feel about the black with the crayon stitching? Or do you think black with black?

Agree re sleep on it. And possibly get on the road tomorrow and go find some cars to look at in the flesh! I've found Papaya exterior with Papaya stitching within reach.
Yes, deffo Papaya stitching with Papaya!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
andreas

Post by andreas »

I have Pebble/Agate extended leather in a Jet Black car. It's over 5 years old now and still looks like new. Blue jeans can have dye transfer, but it cleans off easily ( I use Restorers leather cleaner). Best thing is that the whole interior seems much brighter and more luxurious than the run-of-the-mill black interiors. There's a sense of occasion every time you get in the car.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XD2FJ99
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:40 pm I really like pebble, but my artistic wife, and I, think that black would go better with Papaya. As always, it’s down to personal preference though. At least one member here has pebble with crayon, which I certainly wouldn’t choose, but that’s me. Sleep on it (not the pebble) and all will become clear :D
That’s me with the Crayon and pebble/black extended leather……and I love it! 👍👍😁

I agree with JonA comments regarding keeping the interior clean and it showing marks.

97782CF7-8D1F-4A92-956B-F3A18D384B84.jpeg

36932E23-1590-4953-B248-CA8EA724FBB2.jpeg

A7730CBA-009D-49E1-A219-DB3F76B7105F.jpeg

Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon