Lock in spec help

All your ordering information here!
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

HertsMacan wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:30 pm
andreas wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:23 pm
HertsMacan wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:11 pm I really like the look of the 18 ways but they do get a canning on here!!
If you're not overly big, the 18-way seats are incredibly snug and comfortable.
No I'm not big and nice to hear a positive remark about the 18 ways. I can only drive with them and see what me and the misses think.
Dont dismiss the 8-way without testing them. You also can opt for the RaceTex centres as std. Warm in winter / cool in summer and with them, the heated seats are quicker to heat up than the all leather. :idea:

Unless you need all the 18- way electric seat adjustment etc and regularly swap driver and need the memory function. :?:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I favour auto dimming mirrors, especially these days with big SUVs running matrix lights coming up behind you in outer lanes on a motorway. These give you a lot of glare through the front side windows via the door mirrors. Privacy glass makes no difference to this, only affecting what comes through the tailgate glass. It’s a low cost option and there aren’t any downsides so why not? But does depend how much night driving you are likely to do.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Nella

Post by Nella »

My car is parked outside and the heated screen has been great on cold mornings. I haven’t had any issues with condensation on the Macan at all having really suffered with previous Audis and Mercs.
Personally I didn’t bother with auto dipping mirrors as the headrests take out much of your rear view anyways.
I have black handles and they make the crayon pop. Looks good on silver and white too.
I wouldn’t bother with the Porsche crest and I have found the Macan’s mirrors fine for overtaking and would always look rather than rely on LCA as I just don’t trust it. I have noticed on other makes I have driven and on other cars in motorways the LCA light flashing as I pass when the other cars weren’t changing lane and find them an annoyance.
As you are probably realising there are lots of differing views on here!!!!!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I see a suggestion has been made to check out 8 way seats.

You will probably find that a GTS with 8 way is very different to a Base or S with 8 way.

I have found 8 way seats to be so uncomfortable and unsupportive they have literary given me a pain in the back.

Do yourself and your front seat passenger a big favour and only consider 14 or 18 way.

The 14 and 18 way have a 4 way lumber support and a 2 way adjustable squad so fine tuning comfort is superbly easy.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:34 pm I see a suggestion has been made to check out 8 way seats.

You will probably find that a GTS with 8 way is very different to a Base or S with 8 way.

I have found 8 way seats to be so uncomfortable and unsupportive they have literary given me a pain in the back.

Do yourself and your front seat passenger a big favour and only consider 14 or 18 way.

The 14 and 18 way have a 4 way lumber support and a 2 way adjustable squad so fine tuning comfort is superbly easy.
Had 8-way on my SD as well and they were very comfortable and supportive. Regularly did a 160 mile / 3 hour non-stop journey with them.

I had checked out both 14-way and 18-way on extended test drives, but not for me, as I much prefer the Alcantara / RaceTex centre sections. :D
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Jon A wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:44 am
On-Track wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:27 am
Jon A wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:09 pm Agree with SAC1 re mirrors. Don’t think heated screen is particularly useful and lane change assist is a nonsense imho.
Not sure why you started a discussion on lane change assist as it's not in the OP's spec (and his post does not appear to have been edited).

I agree with you on the heated windscreen but have to admit that my opinion comes from experience with a 2013 Cayenne and the Porsche design may have improved since then.
Take a look at OP’s original post - “lane change assist would be nice - what do people think”
I take this as asking for some views on this but I could be wrong?
Fair Point.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

andreas wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:22 pm
THHGTTG wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:53 pm

Speed limit indicator is an essential to maintain your license these days. Road speed limits are not always obvious down to terrible signage, especially out in the sticks where the police love to hide.
Doesn't the speed limit indicator work by recognising road signs? If they're not visible to the eye, they won't be visible to the car either.
It uses a combo of camera and the sat nav DB/Google maps.