Lock in spec help

All your ordering information here!
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

I have the following code PPXGBYB5 and need to lock in soon. Is the heated screen worth it? Do you get condensation with the surround view in the mornings rending it useless? Do you need auto dimming mirrors? On the other hand, the black door handles look nice, Porsche crest in front seats and lane change assist would be nice.

What do people think? Too many bloody choices!!!! :D

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

You do not need auto dimming mirrors in my experience, especially if you have the Privacy Glass. The Macan's seating position and mirror heights means that you are above most of the following vehicles' headlights.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Agree with SAC1 re mirrors. Don’t think heated screen is particularly useful and lane change assist is a nonsense imho.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

HertsMacan wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:34 pm I have the following code PPXGBYB5 and need to lock in soon. Is the heated screen worth it? Do you get condensation with the surround view in the mornings rending it useless? Do you need auto dimming mirrors? On the other hand, the black door handles look nice, Porsche crest in front seats and lane change assist would be nice.

What do people think? Too many bloody choices!!!! :D
Heated windscreen is an essential. If you park outside in the winter its a big screen, plus in the winter the windows mist up terribly and the heated screen sorts it out instantly ( plus it looks cool because it gives the screen a gold tint ). The Gen 2ers’ will tell you the screen only mists up if you dare to actually touch any of the aircon controls. Mine is a gen 3 as yours will be and in mine the windows definitely mist in the winter.

Pretty much all my cars have had auto-dimming mirrors, but they are a complete waste of money on a Macan. Its a tall car so other peoples lights aren’t an issue. I’ve not once regretted not having them.

Lane change assist is also a waste. It just tries to move your car back in lane.

Porsche logo prints on the headrests are also a waste. Unless you really do have eyes in the back of your head you will never see or notice them.

Black door handles are just an aesthetic preference. Not keen myself but others like them. That one really is down to your own preference.

Personally I’d dump PDLS plus as well. As standard it comes with PDLS and the only difference is auto-dipping headlights that have dubious reliability ( to get the dipping right ) and automatically lighting the side at junctions, that happens as soon as you turn the wheel anyway.

I’d also forget the steering wheel heating. All it does is make your hands sweaty. I have it on mine and have tried it a couple of times in the winter and it’s definitely not worth the money.

Speed limit indicator is an essential to maintain your license these days. Road speed limits are not always obvious down to terrible signage, especially out in the sticks where the police love to hide.

ACC on the macan is fantastic and a good choice.

Surround camera has its limitations but is also essential

Seats are a massive issue and caused no end of ructions on the forum. I have the 14 way comfort seats and they are absolutely fantastic. I have had loaners with 18 ways and found they gave me back and butt ache and are really uncomfortable getting in and out of the car, because of the massive side bolsters. Above any other option this is one you really must try as much as possible.

What you’ll find now is everyone disagree’s on pretty much all the above 😊
Last edited by Deleted User 4752 on Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Spec looks pretty good.

Speed limit indicator, learn to use the speedo and put the cash towards a spare wheel, then buy a repair kit to give you options.

BTW
18 way seats can be a very snug fit, the bolsters are very large and do not deflate enough for many. If one is say on the large side one does not sit in the 18 way more on them.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:02 pm Spec looks pretty good.

Speed limit indicator, learn to use the speedo and put the cash ........
Col! The speedo doesn't tell you ANYTHING about the limit! Having that information your eyeline might be an aid of which even Rarecolour might approve... :lol:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Neil1911 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:14 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:02 pm Spec looks pretty good.

Speed limit indicator, learn to use the speedo and put the cash ........
Col! The speedo doesn't tell you ANYTHING about the limit! Having that information your eyeline might be an aid of which even Rarecolour might approve... :lol:
Don’t be silly Neil, I think power steering is a step too far for Rarecolour! 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Crested headrests are a waste on a macan, you not anyone else ever sees them. Ina Boxster or 911 with the roof down yes.

Speed limit indication is handy but not 100% reliable with overgrown hedges part blocking signage.

Heated windscreen - had it on a Land Rover discovery and used it twice in three years despite car living outside. If you live in s Outland or the parts of Oxfordshire that always seem to be the coldest spots on the news then maybe ?

Auto dim mirrors, I have them and don’t really notice them but perhaps that’s a good result if they work seemkessly.
pmg

Post by pmg »

THHGTTG wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:53 pm
Lane change assist is also a waste. It just tries to move your car back in lane.
that is lane keep assist. you are thinking of

Lane change assist is what other brands call blind spot monitoring and I consider it a valuable safety feature
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

pmg wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:47 pm
THHGTTG wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:53 pm
that is lane keep assist. you are thinking of

Lane change assist is what other brands call blind spot monitoring and I consider it a valuable safety feature
Yep, sos. Well spotted.