Porsche Experience Day?

All your ordering information here!
steve21288

Post by steve21288 »

Hi everyone – on the order forums I’ve seen numerous mentions of ‘Porsche Experience Day’. I’m currently awaiting delivery of my first Porsche so I’m not sure what this is? Is it for everyone? From all OPC’s? When is it given? What info can anyone share about it? All insights much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Place a deposit for a new Porsche and you should get an invite fir a 1/2 day experiencing the model and variant of Porsche that you have placed a deposit on.

This is different from a Porsche Experience Day where existing owners can be invited to a day where you get to drive each model except a Cayenne where you are a passenger when an instructor takes the car over the off road course.

During the 1/2 day depositors course you get breakfast (or lunch), a 3/4 hour briefing, time on the circuits, coffee, more time on the circuits, then lunch (or tea).

On track time is:-
Handling circuit
Low friction handling circuit
Acceleration and braking straights
Skid pan
Ice Hill

Search the forum for pkenty of reports on all aspects of PEC visits.

BTW
Silverstone PEC is a dedicated set of tracks and building which is located just off the Hangar Straight and is very visible on Google Earth.

The Experience Day can take place in the run up and after the F1 GP and can be a nightmare to access the PEC due to security checks and 1/2 the normal PEC tracks are taken up by hospitality for the GP.

If you have not been invited within two months of placing your deposit ring the PEC direct.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Also worth noting that the invitation is valid for 3 years. So you may decide that you’d like to book it for some time after you’ve got your vehicle and settled into it so that you then have had the benefit of getting to know your car. I booked mine for a month after delivery.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I booked mine 2 years after getting my Macan and asked for a 911 as I didn’t see any point in driving the same car as I had. It was a great day out.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

It is a great day out :D :D :D
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:47 pm Place a deposit for a new Porsche and you should get an invite fir a 1/2 day experiencing the model and variant of Porsche that you have placed a deposit on.

This is different from a Porsche Experience Day where existing owners can be invited to a day where you get to drive each model except a Cayenne where you are a passenger when an instructor takes the car over the off road course.

During the 1/2 day depositors course you get breakfast (or lunch), a 3/4 hour briefing, time on the circuits, coffee, more time on the circuits, then lunch (or tea).

Handling circuit
Skid pan
Ice Hill

BTW
Silverstone PEC is a dedicated set of tracks and building which is located just off the Hangar Straight and is very visible on Google Earth.

The Experience Day can take place in the run up and after the F1 GP and can be a nightmare to access the PEC due to security checks and 1/2 the normal PEC tracks are taken up by hospitality for the GP.

If you have not been invited within two months of placing your deposit ring the PEC direct.
I don't know if it's still the case but when I had my Porsche Experience for my Cayenne, I was allowed to drive a Cayenne around the off-road course. First of all the instructor drove around the course and then I took over for a second lap. As it happens, the car used was LHD and on air suspension. Awesome experience which taught me that the Cayenne had off-road abilities far beyond anywhere I was likely to take my own. Crossing logs with two diagonally opposite wheels in the air and waiting for a third wheel to make contact with the ground was a particularly memorable moment.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

Yes, we have been twice after the Macan GTS and 992 purchase, brilliant day out and my wife really enjoyed it, she really booted the 992 round that track. We even travelled from NI and was well worth it, everyone very friendly and can see me going back, be great for a boys day out which can be organised.
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

On-Track wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:26 am
Col Lamb wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:47 pm Place a deposit for a new Porsche and you should get an invite fir a 1/2 day experiencing the model and variant of Porsche that you have placed a deposit on.

Handling circuit
Skid pan
Ice Hill

BTW

I don't know if it's still the case but when I had my Porsche Experience for my Cayenne, I was allowed to drive a Cayenne around the off-road course. First of all the instructor drove around the course and then I took over for a second lap. As it happens, the car used was LHD and on air suspension. Awesome experience which taught me that the Cayenne had off-road abilities far beyond anywhere I was likely to take my own. Crossing logs with two diagonally opposite wheels in the air and waiting for a third wheel to make contact with the ground was a particularly memorable moment.
The demo drive around with an Instructor at the wheel was part of the Range Day and not part of the Experience Day driving the models I had placed orders for.

As it is during each of my Macan Experiences at the PEC I asked to drive other models.

We took a Cayenne and had an hour on the off road course. The Instructor showed me what to do on the first lap then I took over. Wow, what a motor you would not believe a car inclined longitudinally at close to its max limit could turn left and climb the same incline.

Next visit and I had an hour in a 911C4 Carrera, a great car but impractical for me and almost impossible to get out of.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags