Macan S spec - need your help/ opinions

All your ordering information here!
londonmtl

Post by londonmtl »

Hello all

I am spec’ing my Macan S and love/ hate the option universe.

See link
http://www.porsche-code.com/PN6G1E21

My questions:

1) pebble grey extended leather vs black with deviated stitching
£1k price difference but i actually love the pebble grey. makes the inside seem so airy and light. But…will it lose its sheen/ look more quickly? (i have no kids or pets).

2) have gone with the aluminium interior trim - is it actually too shiny/ look too cheap? Not keen on spending even more but…is the carbon trim worth it?

3) have ‘de chromed’ and gone with black roof rails, exhaust - is it too ‘black’? Does chrome make it look more like an estate car?

4) Is PVTC worth it? does it dampen body roll around corners?

5) seat belts in red or leave as black or pebble grey?

Thank you for any and all comments!

Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Very nice spec. I would go for the red belts to complement the dials and calipers. Plus 18" spare wheel
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I have the pebble grey interior which I still love - I think it looks stunning. :D :D

It is still looking fresh and new. I have had a couple of blue marks from jeans (which cleaned off) but nothing else. I have no small children or pets.
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

IMO: pebble grey and pebble grey seat belts and I think the aluminium would be too much and no contrast with pebble grey, I would go darker with trim if going pebble grey.
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

£17k is a lot of options to add to an S.

I would suggest that a GTS would be a better choice, primarily because it will have a lot of your options as standard.

GTS is the sweet handling variant so that is all you will need unless you intend to track it.

£8-£12k is generally a more realistic range to try to keep within unless the car is a long term keeper.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
londonmtl

Post by londonmtl »

Thanks. You’re right! maybe red seat belts and either the carbon or pb door trim could be an option
londonmtl

Post by londonmtl »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:30 pm £17k is a lot of options to add to an S.

I would suggest that a GTS would be a better choice, primarily because it will have a lot of your options as standard.

GTS is the sweet handling variant so that is all you will need unless you intend to track it.

£8-£12k is generally a more realistic range to try to keep within unless the car is a long term keeper.
I completely agree. It’s a timing issue though. I can get the s hopefully by august bs the gts likely mid 2023. Maybe i should just wait..
londonmtl

Post by londonmtl »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:20 pm Very nice spec. I would go for the red belts to complement the dials and calipers. Plus 18" spare wheel
love the red seat belts - wasn’t sure if it would look too boy racer. But i’m leaning towards them again…
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Welcome to the forum.

Specification should really be your choice as you have to live with the car but, seeing you asked:

1) pebble grey extended leather vs black with deviated stitching
£1k price difference but i actually love the pebble grey. makes the inside seem so airy and light. But…will it lose its sheen/ look more quickly? (i have no kids or pets).

I had the Pebble Grey/Agate Grey on my Macan SD and loved it. I'm sure the black/pebble will look even better. The Pebble Grey lasted well over the five years I had the car with just the occasional wipe with a leather wipe keeping it clean.

2) have gone with the aluminium interior trim - is it actually too shiny/ look too cheap? Not keen on spending even more but…is the carbon trim worth it?

I had the carbon interior and thought it worth every penny.

3) have ‘de chromed’ and gone with black roof rails, exhaust - is it too ‘black’? Does chrome make it look more like an estate car?

This is a matter of opinion. I stuck with silver but then my SD was Sapphire not Night Blue.

4) Is PVTC worth it? does it dampen body roll around corners?

Waste of money unless you plan on taking your SUV on regular track days.

5) seat belts in red or leave as black or pebble grey?

I went for pebble grey. Can't think why you'd want red but then I don't see why you've gone for a red compass dial either.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
londonmtl

Post by londonmtl »

Thanks Peter. Very helpful.

The red dial was an ode my disappearing youth. A splash of rebellion and protest…:)