Price increase

All your ordering information here!
Newbuyer

Post by Newbuyer »

Hi, first time posting, hope this is a relevant query.
I ordered and specced a Macan S in October 2021 and put down my 3k deposit. I was then told that when a build date was given to the dealer I would come back into the showroom to finalise and confirm the specifications. The good news is that I have a build date for March 2022 and I’m going into the dealership to confirm everything. However as we know there was a price rise in November and also some of the options I originally wanted have now ‘disappeared’, eg 21 inch GT alloys.
Should I expect to pay the original base price as quoted in October 2021,due to ordering before Nov increase , especially as it looks like I’ll get the car before the MY 23 price rise in August 2022.

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Newbuyer wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:59 pm Hi, first time posting, hope this is a relevant query.
I ordered and specced a Macan S in October 2021 and put down my 3k deposit. I was then told that when a build date was given to the dealer I would come back into the showroom to finalise and confirm the specifications. The good news is that I have a build date for March 2022 and I’m going into the dealership to confirm everything. However as we know there was a price rise in November and also some of the options I originally wanted have now ‘disappeared’, eg 21 inch GT alloys.
Should I expect to pay the original base price as quoted in October 2021,due to ordering before Nov increase , especially as it looks like I’ll get the car before the MY 23 price rise in August 2022.
Same timescale as me. Yes you should pay original list price and no, you will not get the wheels 😳
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I think I was told when I ordered mine that I’d have to pay any price increase but could cancel the order even after lockdown.
Macan S MY 2023
Newbuyer

Post by Newbuyer »

Thanks, hoping they hold to the original price. Unfortunately realise the wheels choice has gone, not to impressed with the other options but will find something .
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Newbuyer wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:19 pm Thanks, hoping they hold to the original price. Unfortunately realise the wheels choice has gone, not to impressed with the other options but will find something .
A few are speccing RS Spyders and having them powder coated black for around £500. Still a lot cheaper than the GT wheels…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Newbuyer

Post by Newbuyer »

Yes I saw that, I’ll speak to dealer tomorrow and see options. I thought car buying was meant to be enjoyable, not so stressful…
srj8t2

Post by srj8t2 »

Newbuyer wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:59 pm Hi, first time posting, hope this is a relevant query.
Hi

I have just locked my spec in today for a March build at Porsche Chester, yes they will honour the original base car cost 53,300 for the Macan S and also ensure they don't try and stitch you up and put you on the higher finance deal, (assuming you are getting finance).

With regards to the 21 GT alloys I had that issue that they are no longer available, so I am getting the RS Spyders and they are spraying them satin black for £524.00

Hope this helps
Newbuyer

Post by Newbuyer »

Yes, thanks for your input. I’ll definitely explore the wheel spraying of the Spyders option.
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

It is unlikely that they will hold the original price if it is not in build yet. But good luck!
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

They should hold the original price for you. Mine is being built as we speak and they have honoured it.
The term used by OPC was 'price promise' and I didn't even ask. Though I would have kicked up if they had tried to charge more!!!!!