Build allocations only

All your ordering information here!
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

estymasko wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:09 pm
Jon A wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:03 pm Which OPC Estymasko??
Aberdeen. I've honestly given up on ever hearing from my SE at this point
I’m very unimpressed with the Porsche sales experience so far. To be honest I’ve never had a bad experience with years of Audis, vws before this but it’s radio silence with Porsche. Over 4 months since my order, never had a call, an update, a catch up. My emails get a slow response. Finally getting my test drive in 3 weeks, 3 months after the car arriving this is the first availability. Sales adviser doesn’t seem at all professional. If there was another car available I could jump into now I’d cancel but there is nothing I want more so I have to bite my tongue.

alians1109

Post by alians1109 »

Hi Etsymasko

I have a similar experience. I placed my S order with OPC Perth 1st week in August with an estimated build allocation of Jan/Feb for March/April delivery.

The SE was very very slow to answer emails and wouldn't return phone calls. I don't have a clue when my car is being built or delivered.

I called this morning to speak to him and was advised he no longer worked for the OPC !!!! I spoke to the Business Manager who was very helpful although he wasn't sure what was going on with my build. He is investigating and has said he'll call me back this afternoon. I'm not overly optimistic of an April delivery just listening to him but we'll see.

BTW I sold my M4 in anticipation of my S and am running around in a wee 10 year old Fiesta !
Macan S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNXGPN66
Miami|Bl Lthr|Pano|Blk Rails|Blades ext. clr|Model matt blk|Air|Sports Chrono|Blk T/pipes|75l|21" Spyder (satin blk)|18" spare|Tinted Tailights|Privacy|ParkAssist|LCA|18w|GT Race tex wheel|Bose
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Ready to get flamed for this (sorry!)

GTS
Deposit placed October
Spec locked mid-December (I think they wanted it sorted before the Christmas break)
Feb build date
March delivery (expected, likely to be delayed though)
estymasko

Post by estymasko »

Winryn wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:23 pm
I’m very unimpressed with the Porsche sales experience so far. To be honest I’ve never had a bad experience with years of Audis, vws before this but it’s radio silence with Porsche. Over 4 months since my order, never had a call, an update, a catch up. My emails get a slow response. Finally getting my test drive in 3 weeks, 3 months after the car arriving this is the first availability. Sales adviser doesn’t seem at all professional. If there was another car available I could jump into now I’d cancel but there is nothing I want more so I have to bite my tongue.
I’ve been dealing with Porsche Aberdeen for over 4 years now, onto my third car with them, and have always been so underwhelmed for what is supposed to be a prestigious brand. My very first car with them (and first Porsche, so a monumental occasion for me!) was the worst experience. SE not taking me seriously due to my age, telling me to leave! and then the handover was diabolical. My car was essentially left abandoned in the customer parking area in the snow when I arrived at the scheduled time we agreed. Nothing special about the experience at all and was a real kick in the teeth, they even tried to stand outside in the cold with me to go over the car. That’s when I demanded they move the car inside to the handover bay so I could at least get a picture of the car “in the showroom” to remember the moment like what the majority of customer’s get to experience. The only reason I ordered my second car from them was because they gave me a hell of a good deal on the car to make up for the disaster that was the first handover, and the ordering and handover experience was much better that time around. SE always keeping in touch, car under a cover in the handover bay to be officially revealed, gift bag with Porsche travel mugs etc.. Much more like what I expected.

Third time around though and no communication, incorrect delivery estimates… Not so great!
2024 Porsche Taycan 4S sport turismo
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT
alians1109

Post by alians1109 »

Wotsits wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:04 pm Ready to get flamed for this (sorry!)

GTS
Deposit placed October
Spec locked mid-December (I think they wanted it sorted before the Christmas break)
Feb build date
March delivery (expected, likely to be delayed though)
Which OPC Wotsits ?
Macan S
Miami|Bl Lthr|Pano|Blk Rails|Blades ext. clr|Model matt blk|Air|Sports Chrono|Blk T/pipes|75l|21" Spyder (satin blk)|18" spare|Tinted Tailights|Privacy|ParkAssist|LCA|18w|GT Race tex wheel|Bose
estymasko

Post by estymasko »

alians1109 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:28 pm
Hi Etsymasko

I have a similar experience. I placed my S order with OPC Perth 1st week in August with an estimated build allocation of Jan/Feb for March/April delivery.

The SE was very very slow to answer emails and wouldn't return phone calls. I don't have a clue when my car is being built or delivered.

I called this morning to speak to him and was advised he no longer worked for the OPC !!!! I spoke to the Business Manager who was very helpful although he wasn't sure what was going on with my build. He is investigating and has said he'll call me back this afternoon. I'm not overly optimistic of an April delivery just listening to him but we'll see.

BTW I sold my M4 in anticipation of my S and am running around in a wee 10 year old Fiesta !

That’s shocking not being informed that your SE had left! I considered ordering from Perth as my former SE from Aberdeen on my last car had moved there (Stuart Ogg?) but ultimately Aberdeen quoted the soonest delivery date, so went with them. Fingers crossed you get some more information this afternoon!
2024 Porsche Taycan 4S sport turismo
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT
GTB

Post by GTB »

alians1109 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:28 pm
Hi Etsymasko

Hi alians1190 and Etsymasko.

I also used OPC Perth and just called them as no reply from my SE so like you I was told SE moved on but Buisness Manager just confirmed verbally that at least some progress and hopefully will now work to this schedule, so I placed my order and deposit 1st Sept for my GTS, was always told Q2 in 2022 but apart from that no other confirmation until I made that call today so just been told my CP8 date is the 8th of April 2022 so being a first time Porsche buyer then fingers crossed I will have my car when originally indicated and better weather to enjoy it than I had today.

so new SE to be appointed but I can deal with that.

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
alians1109

Post by alians1109 »

That’s shocking not being informed that your SE had left! I considered ordering from Perth as my former SE from Aberdeen on my last car had moved there (Stuart Ogg?) but ultimately Aberdeen quoted the soonest delivery date, so went with them. Fingers crossed you get some more information this afternoon!
No it wasn't Stuart Ogg

Predictably, I didn't get a call back from the Business Manager as promised. Just about sums up my experience of Porsche Customer service.

If I didn't want the Macan so badly I'd just lift my deposit and go back to Audi.
Macan S
Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

So since waiting from July ‘21, OPC has finally advised I have a “March ‘22 allocation” :D with a freeze date in February and expected delivery of my S in April.
Need to finalise my spec now … a few little things and not much budget left, to decide, shall I choose …

Power Steering plus ?
I am a big’n’strong chap, so is this really necessary for manoeuvring at low speed?

OR

Speed Limit Indicator ?
Is this really useful/helpful in prevention of speeding due to lapses of signpost observance?

Extended leather interior colour?
Bordeaux Red or
Pebble Grey or
boring (I have had it in so many cars) Black

My head says the Grey is nice but very BMWish, my heart says “be bold” and go for the Red, which 100% I would do if it could be as per the part leather option …. i.e all the rest of the plastic covered in black i.e. is Ext. Red just ‘too much’ red????
Black would probably make the future resale easier.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Zadkiel wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:07 pm So since waiting from July ‘21, OPC has finally advised I have a “March ‘22 allocation” :D with a freeze date in February and expected delivery of my S in April.
Need to finalise my spec now … a few little things and not much budget left, to decide, shall I choose …

Power Steering plus ?
I am a big’n’strong chap, so is this really necessary for manoeuvring at low speed?

OR

Speed Limit Indicator ?
Is this really useful/helpful in prevention of speeding due to lapses of signpost observance?

Extended leather interior colour?
Bordeaux Red or
Pebble Grey or
boring (I have had it in so many cars) Black

My head says the Grey is nice but very BMWish, my heart says “be bold” and go for the Red, which 100% I would do if it could be as per the part leather option …. i.e all the rest of the plastic covered in black i.e. is Ext. Red just ‘too much’ red????
Black would probably make the future resale easier.

Thanks for your thoughts.
I've gone the partial red because the full red is too much. I added red belts to please the aesthetic eye of the current Mrs Bluesnose.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS4LDHS7