Comfort access

All your ordering information here!
Lanmate

Post by Lanmate »

I have my keys in a faraday pouch, and at home put the pouches inside a faraday box too.

The pouches I recently found out are useless, I thought the car was already unlocked so went for the handle, then it unlocked. All with the key in the faraday pouch in my pocket.

I'll be looking forward to not faffing around with this in the Macan having not spec'd Comfort Access, but having had a car stolen (not with Keyless however), I really, _really_ don't want another one to be. I also have a DiskLok.
Gen3 GTS - http://www.porsche-code.com/PPRAXAE8

Ordered 11th Aug 2021, Arrived OPC 7th Oct 2022, Collected 9th Dec 2022

Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Could be worse, imagine what the chat is like on the Mercedes Forums!!!!

To be fair I've yet to hear of a Porsche stolen that way so far.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Lanmate wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:59 pm I have my keys in a faraday pouch, and at home put the pouches inside a faraday box too.

The pouches I recently found out are useless, I thought the car was already unlocked so went for the handle, then it unlocked. All with the key in the faraday pouch in my pocket.

I'll be looking forward to not faffing around with this in the Macan having not spec'd Comfort Access, but having had a car stolen (not with Keyless however), I really, _really_ don't want another one to be. I also have a DiskLok.
Based on feedback on this forum I shall be ordering a disklok when I know when my car is going to arrive. Anyone know the correct size to buy?
Lanmate

Post by Lanmate »

I have a 2019 Q5 currently and bought Small (35 - 38.9cm), it fits fine.

Deleted User 4436

Lanmate wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:13 pm I have a 2019 Q5 currently and bought Small (35 - 38.9cm), it fits fine.
Ta
Lanmate

Post by Lanmate »

I can also recommend the storage bag and wheel cover, the former to store it nicely and the latter to protect the wheel.

Deleted User 4436

Lanmate wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:16 pm I can also recommend the storage bag and wheel cover, the former to store it nicely and the latter to protect the wheel.
👍
New User

Post by New User »

Had it on my BMW i8 but once I realised how vulnerable it was I got the dealer to disable it by coding. Not an official approved mod but it did the trick.
RAA

Post by RAA »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:58 pm Sorry folks but this was just posted on my neighbourhood chat. Seems a Friday bag might not even work now???
STOLEN MERCEDES CONVERTIBLE. My next door neighbours car was stolen in the early hours of Tuesday 16th Nov. It took them exactly 4 mins between 03:02 & 03:06hrs. The act was captured on my cctv although facial identification is difficult as they were both wearing face coverings.

They were both white males, one dressed in a black jacket with a hood with possible white flashing on the right shoulder, dark jeans & black shoes. The other wearing jeans and a cream/light beige hoodie carrying a black rucksack on his front.

This male removed some kind of transmitter/receiver from his bag & walked around the car. Eventually having gained entry, the dark clothed male drove the car away. If you have keyless ignition on your car, it matters not if you keep your keys in a fully encased security pouch in the house, these ‘pond life’ have the tech to circumvent it.
PURCHASE A QUALITY STEERING WHEEL LOCK which will at least make their job more difficult.

There have been 4 Mercs taken from around here this week!!!
Thanks for that Richard ! I understand from Porsche that, even if the wireless signal is captured, the frequency of the signal changes and the thief won't gain access. Also heard that the Porsche keyfob stops transmitting a signal when it is there is no movement. What I used to do, is to remove the battery and hide the battery and keyfob in two different places.
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

RAA wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:45 pm
Nelladrahcir wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:58 pm Sorry folks but this was just posted on my neighbourhood chat. Seems a Friday bag might not even work now???
STOLEN MERCEDES CONVERTIBLE. My next door neighbours car was stolen in the early hours of Tuesday 16th Nov. It took them exactly 4 mins between 03:02 & 03:06hrs. The act was captured on my cctv although facial identification is difficult as they were both wearing face coverings.

They were both white males, one dressed in a black jacket with a hood with possible white flashing on the right shoulder, dark jeans & black shoes. The other wearing jeans and a cream/light beige hoodie carrying a black rucksack on his front.

This male removed some kind of transmitter/receiver from his bag & walked around the car. Eventually having gained entry, the dark clothed male drove the car away. If you have keyless ignition on your car, it matters not if you keep your keys in a fully encased security pouch in the house, these ‘pond life’ have the tech to circumvent it.
PURCHASE A QUALITY STEERING WHEEL LOCK which will at least make their job more difficult.

There have been 4 Mercs taken from around here this week!!!
Thanks for that Richard ! I understand from Porsche that, even if the wireless signal is captured, the frequency of the signal changes and the thief won't gain access. Also heard that the Porsche keyfob stops transmitting a signal when it is there is no movement. What I used to do, is to remove the battery and hide the battery and keyfob in two different places.
My Dad used to own a Morris dealership and his anti-theft device was to remove the rotor arms of all the forecourt cars. Is the distributor cap on the 2.9 easy to get to ?
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6