Which dealer to order from...

All your ordering information here!
TimB

Post by TimB »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:24 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:15 pm Great choices, heated steering wheel is the best option since sliced bread.

I question the wisdom of including Comfort Access, do check out Bazza’s old thread on vehicle security, keyless entry gets a right pasting.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4116&hilit=Vehicle+security

From the Configurator click on the i in the Comfort Access gets:-

Note: The Comfort Access uses state of the art technology. However, it cannot be completely ruled out that the key´s wireless encryption code is intercepted and used to open or steal the vehicle

:o
Comfort access was one of the first things I selected and I find the whole concept of using a car key these days very archaic. However, the Porsche keyless access option is a fudge because you actually end up with 2 keys; the regular key and a little nub that goes in the key hole that you still turn like a key to start the car.

Then there are the issues about security that the others have rightly mentioned.

In the end I decided against comfort access and redirected the money to other more worthy toys in the confuserator.
I've got keyless entry already and wouldn't be without out... Current car hasnt been stolen......YET! ;)
Macan S on order (17/11/21, no build slot - estimated May 2022)

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNTQDE40

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

TimB wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:32 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:24 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:15 pm Great choices, heated steering wheel is the best option since sliced bread.

I question the wisdom of including Comfort Access, do check out Bazza’s old thread on vehicle security, keyless entry gets a right pasting.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4116&hilit=Vehicle+security

From the Configurator click on the i in the Comfort Access gets:-

Note: The Comfort Access uses state of the art technology. However, it cannot be completely ruled out that the key´s wireless encryption code is intercepted and used to open or steal the vehicle

:o
Comfort access was one of the first things I selected and I find the whole concept of using a car key these days very archaic. However, the Porsche keyless access option is a fudge because you actually end up with 2 keys; the regular key and a little nub that goes in the key hole that you still turn like a key to start the car.

Then there are the issues about security that the others have rightly mentioned.

In the end I decided against comfort access and redirected the money to other more worthy toys in the confuserator.
I've got keyless entry already and wouldn't be without out... Current car hasnt been stolen......YET! ;)
Last few cars have all had keyless and I really like it, but not the way Porsche provide it on the Macan. Seems a tad "halfords" to me.

There is also the minor point that I believe you need to push the "dimple" in the door handles to open the door with keyless entry on the macan and there have been lots of reports of the plastic cracking over the door release button. No idea if that is correct, because I don't have it (or the Macan yet, sadly) but certainly seen lots of report on line. I have had a friend who had his keyless Merc stolen, but then I know more people that have had cars stolen that weren't keyless so....
TimB

Post by TimB »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:34 pm Last few cars have all had keyless and I really like it, but not the way Porsche provide it on the Macan. Seems a tad "halfords" to me.

There is also the minor point that I believe you need to push the "dimple" in the door handles to open the door with keyless entry on the macan and there have been lots of reports of the plastic cracking over the door release button. No idea if that is correct, because I don't have it (or the Macan yet, sadly) but certainly seen lots of report on line. I have had a friend who had his keyless Merc stolen, but then I know more people that have had cars stolen that weren't keyless so....
Agreed, the second stubby key looks rubbish, could of just had a button like most other marques.

Good to know about the dimple.... the one we tested yesterday was keyless but I didn't pay any attention as to how to operate it. Will look out for that.
Macan S on order (17/11/21, no build slot - estimated May 2022)

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNTQDE40
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Ok, thank you for the reply, maybe it’s just me !!!

I’ll admit that the 4 Porsches I’ve had (2 still own, 986S, 997TT, 991TTS, Macan DS) we’re used approved so the purchase process was maybe different.

I went into my local OPC in August (they service my 2 cars) and placed a deposit down on a new Macan GTS. This is my first new Porsche and first GTS.
It is heavily specced which is same as my current DS with some additions I want.
I was looking for advice as to what a GTS ‘must have’ and what could be changed for better purpose.
The salesperson I dealt with offered NO advice whatsoever appeared to have no idea what a perfect GTS spec was and left me totally underwhelmed and confused as to wether or not my choices were appropriate or not!!

I’ve heard nothing since, no updates, no courtesy calls, etc

Ok, I appreciate my spec has not changed but a courtesy call on any current GTS issues or advice would be nice.

The only thing I do know is they finance manager said they will give me a follow up call to see if they can help me on finance which I stated I didn’t want…. Maybe that’s why they don’t want to talk to me 🤣
[/quote]

Stick your order code up and the GTS fanboys (omniism) will give you a critique of the spec.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

hood69 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:55 pm Ok, thank you for the reply, maybe it’s just me !!!

I’ll admit that the 4 Porsches I’ve had (2 still own, 986S, 997TT, 991TTS, Macan DS) we’re used approved so the purchase process was maybe different.

I went into my local OPC in August (they service my 2 cars) and placed a deposit down on a new Macan GTS. This is my first new Porsche and first GTS.
It is heavily specced which is same as my current DS with some additions I want.
I was looking for advice as to what a GTS ‘must have’ and what could be changed for better purpose.
The salesperson I dealt with offered NO advice whatsoever appeared to have no idea what a perfect GTS spec was and left me totally underwhelmed and confused as to wether or not my choices were appropriate or not!!

I’ve heard nothing since, no updates, no courtesy calls, etc

Ok, I appreciate my spec has not changed but a courtesy call on any current GTS issues or advice would be nice.

The only thing I do know is they finance manager said they will give me a follow up call to see if they can help me on finance which I stated I didn’t want…. Maybe that’s why they don’t want to talk to me 🤣

Stick your order code up and the GTS fanboys (omniism) will give you a critique of the spec.
[/quote]

GTS Fratboys is more appropriate. :lol:
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Sack comfort access. E ven Porsche warn the dangers on the confuserator and they built it!!!!
MH82

Post by MH82 »

TimB wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:46 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:34 pm Last few cars have all had keyless and I really like it, but not the way Porsche provide it on the Macan. Seems a tad "halfords" to me.

Agreed, the second stubby key looks rubbish, could of just had a button like most other marques.

Good to know about the dimple.... the one we tested yesterday was keyless but I didn't pay any attention as to how to operate it. Will look out for that.
Nah you just walk up to it and pull the handle. You need to press the dimple to lock. Though I typically just use the key fob
2022 GTS order cancelled
2023 718 Spyder order cancelled
Gone rogue and bought an Aston Martin V12 Vantage S :shock:
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Very nice spec, Tim 👍, and you’d be more than welcome to take a look at my Macan....just send me a PM with your details.

Cheers, Allan
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon