Which dealer to order from...

All your ordering information here!
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

-1 for Portsmouth here. They sold my stepdad an ex demo Macan GTS back in 2017. They told him it had apple CarPlay and when he got home and it didn’t they just shrugged their shoulders and said there’s nothing they can do.

Wrote to Porsche GB and they instantly retrofitted it free of charge.

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

r1flyguy wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:54 am
TimB wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:10 pm
Worth giving Mid Sussex ( Haywards Heath ) a go. Been pretty good so far.
Can you expand upon this quote!! In what ways has it been good so far?
Genuine question
Sales guy has always responded to any questions I had quickly and with all the info I needed. Also been very friendly whenever I’ve been in there and have been good arranging demo cars. Porsche HQ are terrible at providing any kind of info at all so it helps if your dealer is as helpful as they can be.
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:34 am
TimB wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:10 pm
Worth giving Mid Sussex ( Haywards Heath ) a go. Been pretty good so far.
Genuine question
Sales guy has always responded to any questions I had quickly and with all the info I needed. Also been very friendly whenever I’ve been in there and have been good arranging demo cars. Porsche HQ are terrible at providing any kind of info at all so it helps if your dealer is as helpful as they can be.

Ok, thank you for the reply, maybe it’s just me !!!

I’ll admit that the 4 Porsches I’ve had (2 still own, 986S, 997TT, 991TTS, Macan DS) we’re used approved so the purchase process was maybe different.

I went into my local OPC in August (they service my 2 cars) and placed a deposit down on a new Macan GTS. This is my first new Porsche and first GTS.
It is heavily specced which is same as my current DS with some additions I want.
I was looking for advice as to what a GTS ‘must have’ and what could be changed for better purpose.
The salesperson I dealt with offered NO advice whatsoever appeared to have no idea what a perfect GTS spec was and left me totally underwhelmed and confused as to wether or not my choices were appropriate or not!!

I’ve heard nothing since, no updates, no courtesy calls, etc

Ok, I appreciate my spec has not changed but a courtesy call on any current GTS issues or advice would be nice.

The only thing I do know is they finance manager said they will give me a follow up call to see if they can help me on finance which I stated I didn’t want…. Maybe that’s why they don’t want to talk to me 🤣
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D
Deleted User 4436

r1flyguy wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:29 am
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:34 am

Genuine question

Ok, thank you for the reply, maybe it’s just me !!!

I’ll admit that the 4 Porsches I’ve had (2 still own, 986S, 997TT, 991TTS, Macan DS) we’re used approved so the purchase process was maybe different.

I went into my local OPC in August (they service my 2 cars) and placed a deposit down on a new Macan GTS. This is my first new Porsche and first GTS.
It is heavily specced which is same as my current DS with some additions I want.
I was looking for advice as to what a GTS ‘must have’ and what could be changed for better purpose.
The salesperson I dealt with offered NO advice whatsoever appeared to have no idea what a perfect GTS spec was and left me totally underwhelmed and confused as to wether or not my choices were appropriate or not!!

I’ve heard nothing since, no updates, no courtesy calls, etc

Ok, I appreciate my spec has not changed but a courtesy call on any current GTS issues or advice would be nice.

The only thing I do know is they finance manager said they will give me a follow up call to see if they can help me on finance which I stated I didn’t want…. Maybe that’s why they don’t want to talk to me 🤣
When I was looking for cars JLR and Volvo both spoke to me then I heard nothing back at all so I discounted them from my list. Doesn’t matter how good the car is if the service is terrible. Audi were slightly better, Tesla were excellent and Mid Sussex Porsche were pretty good, they at least responded. As I have pointed out, much to the annoyance of the Porsche fan boys on this forum, Porsche are a tad sub par with the sales experience but they are definitely not the worse. Mid Sussex are not great at coming forward with info without being chased, but are excellent when you do so. I’m not happy I need to be doing most of the leg work when spending this kind of money on a car but most OPC’s seem to be the same. To be fair, I suspect we’ve all been to a restaurant that has had rave reviews only to leave disappointed. A bad day or talking to the wrong person can sully out view of the whole company.

I bought an Aston from a main dealer and it was the worst car buying experience of my life, and yet Chichester AM and AM Works were absolutely fantastic.
TimB

Post by TimB »

Well thats done and dusted.

Signed on the dotted line for a Macan S today with Portsmouth... now to wait 6/7 months!
Macan S on order (17/11/21, no build slot - estimated May 2022)

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNTQDE40
Deleted User 4436

TimB wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:35 pm Well thats done and dusted.

Signed on the dotted line for a Macan S today with Portsmouth... now to wait 6/7 months!
Congrats. Enjoy the confuserator, you’ll be there a lot.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

TimB wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:35 pm Well thats done and dusted.

Congrats........what colour and spec have you gone for? Who was your SE at Portsmouth?
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
TimB

Post by TimB »

AllanG wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:13 pm Congrats........what colour and spec have you gone for? Who was your SE at Portsmouth?
I had Callum - seems on the ball so far.

We're actually also in Warsash, so I'm sure ill see you around (would quite like to see your Volcano grey at some point as this was our second choice over the blues)

Current spec:
Night blue
Pano roof
PASM
75L tank
Power steering plus
Privacy glass
18inch spare wheel
Auto dimming mirrors
Lane change assist
Lane keep assist
Park assist with surround view
ACC
Comfort access
14 way seats
Heated steering wheel

This is what I think I will add on:
Leather interior (Black)
Roof rails
Macan S on order (17/11/21, no build slot - estimated May 2022)

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNTQDE40
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Great choices, heated steering wheel is the best option since sliced bread.

I question the wisdom of including Comfort Access, do check out Bazza’s old thread on vehicle security, keyless entry gets a right pasting.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4116&hilit=Vehicle+security

From the Configurator click on the i in the Comfort Access gets:-

Note: The Comfort Access uses state of the art technology. However, it cannot be completely ruled out that the key´s wireless encryption code is intercepted and used to open or steal the vehicle

:o
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 4436

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:15 pm Great choices, heated steering wheel is the best option since sliced bread.

I question the wisdom of including Comfort Access, do check out Bazza’s old thread on vehicle security, keyless entry gets a right pasting.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4116&hilit=Vehicle+security

From the Configurator click on the i in the Comfort Access gets:-

Note: The Comfort Access uses state of the art technology. However, it cannot be completely ruled out that the key´s wireless encryption code is intercepted and used to open or steal the vehicle

:o
Comfort access was one of the first things I selected and I find the whole concept of using a car key these days very archaic. However, the Porsche keyless access option is a fudge because you actually end up with 2 keys; the regular key and a little nub that goes in the key hole that you still turn like a key to start the car.

Then there are the issues about security that the others have rightly mentioned.

In the end I decided against comfort access and redirected the money to other more worthy toys in the confuserator.