Gen3 build allocations

All your ordering information here!
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

With all the waiting around for gts build slots I’m slightly miffed I cancelled my s order as it would be built now. Ordered last week of august and got a first week of November build. I’d have been a matter of weeks away. As it is I’m looking at May however I’m thinking of looking for something else

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Winryn wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:57 pm With all the waiting around for gts build slots I’m slightly miffed I cancelled my s order as it would be built now. Ordered last week of august and got a first week of November build. I’d have been a matter of weeks away. As it is I’m looking at May however I’m thinking of looking for something else
Very likely not. I ordered my S in July with a build in Oct. Its been built ( actually a few days ahead of plan ) but is still sitting in Germany somewhere awaiting parts and os currently looking like I’ll “possibly” get it before xmas.
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:00 pm
Winryn wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:57 pm With all the waiting around for gts build slots I’m slightly miffed I cancelled my s order as it would be built now. Ordered last week of august and got a first week of November build. I’d have been a matter of weeks away. As it is I’m looking at May however I’m thinking of looking for something else
Very likely not. I ordered my S in July with a build in Oct. Its been built ( actually a few days ahead of plan ) but is still sitting in Germany somewhere awaiting parts and os currently looking like I’ll “possibly” get it before xmas.
Not so sure. They can’t get the cars out fast enough they’re coming in so quickly. I popped by sat afternoon and there were a good 12 gen 3’s just delivered. In fact I’ve never seen so many cars there. Must have been 40 cars there awaiting prep. Also noticed at least 7 traded in macans so imagine the used market should start to drop
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Winryn wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:05 pm
Not so sure. They can’t get the cars out fast enough they’re coming in so quickly. I popped by sat afternoon and there were a good 12 gen 3’s just delivered. In fact I’ve never seen so many cars there. Must have been 40 cars there awaiting prep. Also noticed at least 7 traded in macans so imagine the used market should start to drop
Doesn’t seem to be the experience of others on the forum ( definitely not doubting your reports of numbers though ). Certainly my personal experience is different. Perhaps I’ve just pissed them off so much they are adding an extra special delay just for me 🥺

Where is “there” in this instance btw?
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:08 pm

Doesn’t seem to be the experience of others on the forum ( definitely not doubting your reports of numbers though ). Certainly my personal experience is different. Perhaps I’ve just pissed them off so much they are adding an extra special delay just for me 🥺

Wolves. My gts is from Silverstone as they have double the allocation of Wolverhampton so always shocked to see so many cars at wolves. 4 weeks ago there were 5 gen 3 gts in the compound
Sniperob

Post by Sniperob »

I placed my order around the middle of September but currently not heard anything regarding build dates. I suspect I won't hear anything until either the end of this year or sometime early next year. I imagine March/April delivery but things could get worse with the supply issues before then which may delay it. It's all guess work at this stage though.
First Porsche ordered September 2021: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNLRZA37

Build completion 14th May. Collected 30th June. Macan S Volcano Grey
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Winryn wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:52 pm

Wolves. My gts is from Silverstone as they have double the allocation of Wolverhampton so always shocked to see so many cars at wolves. 4 weeks ago there were 5 gen 3 gts in the compound
That's strange that no GTSs have appeared on here or Macan facebook group then.
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Winryn wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:52 pm .... My gts is from Silverstone as they have double the allocation of Wolverhampton.....
I don't get this. Are you saying some OPCs are allocated more units to sell than others? Surely that can't be the case. Surely an order is an order, and they get allocated a build slot in chronological order regardless of the OPC taking the order.
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

Old Chimer wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:27 pm
Winryn wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:52 pm .... My gts is from Silverstone as they have double the allocation of Wolverhampton.....
I don't get this. Are you saying some OPCs are allocated more units to sell than others? Surely that can't be the case. Surely an order is an order, and they get allocated a build slot in chronological order regardless of the OPC taking the order.
Yes allocations are based on previous sales history. Silverstone sell 1050 cars a year compared to wolves who sell 520. I called almost all uk dealers when ordering a gts. Lakes for example historically said they get 1 a month (gts), Silverstone 5-6. The flagships also have a different system for allocations. For example wolves get an allocation and the sales manager allocates from their orders who gets which slot. The flagships put their orders straight into Porsche factory and Porsche take those into account when deciding on slots given to other dealerships.
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

hood69 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:17 pm
Winryn wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:52 pm

That's strange that no GTSs have appeared on here or Macan facebook group then.
Seems they are not social media users. I’ve posted some pics in the I’ve seen a gen 3 thread.