Gen3 build allocations

All your ordering information here!
steve21288

Post by steve21288 »

Hi there - I’m currently waiting for an update on delivery schedule. My OPC has said they will have more info by the end of the year.

Can anyone shed any light onto when this might be and how the process worked (I.e. will they know how many GTS’ they’re getting next year and which number mine is in the list, so therefore able to estimate delivery?

I ordered at the end of July and was advised that a July 22 delivery was likely.

Jhaigh84

Post by Jhaigh84 »

Hi,

We registered our interest in June then ordered in July and they confirmed last week that we will take delivery in December.
Macan S - Collected 9th December 2021
cc3

Post by cc3 »

My understanding is that dealers have already been told there will be less overall allocation of GTS models in 2022 due to the chip issues etc. They are due to get more info this month on precise Q1 and 2 allocations. Really then down to the Dealer Principal how they allocate their slots and that will vary from one dealer to the next ! So by end of 2021 you will have a clearer idea.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

The OPCs should get their allocations for at least Q1 and Q2 by Christmas. They assign those slots, for each variant they have been given, to those on the waiting from the top down. Depending on demand there will still be a waiting list. Some higher up will drop out meaning others can move up. Keep in touch with your SE who should be open with you about where you are on the list and what that means for expected delivery.

Porsche seem to meeting estimated delivery dates better than some, although there are extended delivery times for some models and/or options. Apart from staying in touch there’s not much you can do other than wait or pull out obviously. But where does that leave you? Other manufacturers are in the same position. I ordered a Land Rover Defender in August and am still waiting for a build slot. The original estimate was March next year but that could be anything now. I’m in the fortunate position of having other vehicles and no PCP to plan for. Hang in there, you will be rewarded with a great car eventually.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Paid my deposit for GTS mid April. Not locked yet but told it will be built January.
I had deferred offers of builds in May and September as I was waiting for a Gen 3.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Can anyone tell me what an "average" OPC 1st and 2nd Quarter allocation of Macans could be under normal circumstances? Particularly the GTS variant.
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
GTB

Post by GTB »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:22 am The OPCs should get their allocations for at least Q1 and Q2 by Christmas. They assign those slots, for each variant they have been given, to those on the waiting from the top down. Depending on demand there will still be a waiting list. Some higher up will drop out meaning others can move up. Keep in touch with your SE who should be open with you about where you are on the list and what that means for expected delivery.

Porsche seem to meeting estimated delivery dates better than some, although there are extended delivery times for some models and/or options. Apart from staying in touch there’s not much you can do other than wait or pull out obviously. But where does that leave you? Other manufacturers are in the same position. I ordered a Land Rover Defender in August and am still waiting for a build slot. The original estimate was March next year but that could be anything now. I’m in the fortunate position of having other vehicles and no PCP to plan for. Hang in there, you will be rewarded with a great car eventually.
Nick,
Thats exactly what my OPC has told me, I placed my deposit for a new Gen3 GTS 1st September with verbally a end of Q1 build in 2022 delivery Q2 according to the SE.

I communicated with the OPC last week and they have a couple of Gen3 demonstrators now, (No GTS) so Im going along for a two hor run of an S on the 24th of November, so will take some pics and let folk know what I think, also talk face to face with the SE and see if expected build/delivery is still on track but as You say until Porsche give the allocations its all in keeping my fingers crossed.

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
MH82

Post by MH82 »

Last year west London got 4 GTS’ per month
2022 GTS order cancelled
2023 718 Spyder order cancelled
Gone rogue and bought an Aston Martin V12 Vantage S :shock:
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

MH82 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:43 am Last year west London got 4 GTS’ per month
That's not bad really. I'm with East London who apparently are one of the larger OPCs so their allocation could be more.. :D
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Jhaigh84 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:57 am Hi,

We registered our interest in June then ordered in July and they confirmed last week that we will take delivery in December.

Welcome to our friendly forum! :)

Which model? Waiting times seem to increase from 2.0 to S, and from S to GTS. So the wait for a 2.0 is likely to be the shortest etc. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018