Am I nuts?

All your ordering information here!
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

There is so much here that I personally would not spec, even if I kept the car for up to 10 years, but we are all different and if you can afford it then why not.

If your interested I would drop the following:

PSCB brakes - PCCB standard ones should be way more than adequate.
Smartphone charging - doesn’t work well in my experience.
Burmester - great quality but crazy price, how much do you love music? Me personally, not enough to spend this.
Race Rex steering - gets grubby and ages horribly
Rave tex grab handles - would never notice them
Dashboard trim - would never notice this or admire it
Comfort access - I like my keys, and have concerns about safety and theft
Gt design wheels - the RS ones in black that come standard look amazing and the only ones you can’t spec on other models. So are unique to your GTS.

That would save £11k!

With some of that saving , and seeing as your flush with cash :p, I would add the surround camera, PTV+, Gt heated wheel in leather and ACC.

MH82

Post by MH82 »

Ok, so you’re having a positive influence, as my wife would say…..
Some things have come off the list
www.porsche-code.com/PNUISTA9
2022 GTS order cancelled
2023 718 Spyder order cancelled
Gone rogue and bought an Aston Martin V12 Vantage S :shock:
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I think you must be the only member who we're trying to convince to spend less money :D
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

MH82 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:55 pm Ok, so you’re having a positive influence, as my wife would say…..
Much better, still would remove leather dashboard trim package, you’ll not even notice any difference. Ioniser, unless you have some allergies? Why the PCCB’s? Maybe if long life requirement, but ten years would be a stretch (dependant on planned miles) They’re not needed to better stop the car. Still remainder looks really good. Surprised you haven’t chosen surround view, I don’t have it but it’s a common addition for many.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
oldpilot

Post by oldpilot »

I couldn't agree more with sd1985. I couldn't live without the surround camera!
MH82

Post by MH82 »

MikeM wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:36 pm
MH82 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:55 pm Ok, so you’re having a positive influence, as my wife would say…..
Much better, still would remove leather dashboard trim package, you’ll not even notice any difference. Ioniser, unless you have some allergies? Why the PCCB’s? Maybe if long life requirement, but ten years would be a stretch (dependant on planned miles) They’re not needed to better stop the car. Still remainder looks really good. Surprised you haven’t chosen surround view, I don’t have it but it’s a common addition for many.
Some of these things come down to the spec we had on the 911 and bot wanting it to feel ‘less’. So the pccbs and extra leather are throwbacks to that. (Also the pccb’s won’t need replacing at any point so I’m forward funding my brakes).

Ioniser, spot on, I have terrible allergies.

Never really got on with surround view cameras and have only put the reverse one on to ensure my wife doesn’t back into the house!
2022 GTS order cancelled
MH82

Post by MH82 »

oldpilot wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:01 pm I couldn't agree more with sd1985. I couldn't live without the surround camera!
Open ended question, why?
2022 GTS order cancelled
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

MH82 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:02 pm
oldpilot wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:01 pm I couldn't agree more with sd1985. I couldn't live without the surround camera!
the surround camera option doesn't just show the back. As the name suggests you see the whole car from a helicopter view and can chose cameras, so you can see how close your your horribly expensive alloys are to the curb; you can see from the nose of the car when pulling out and your view is blocked; you can also see exactly where the front of the car is so you don't nerf the wall with the nose rather than the back.
pmg

Post by pmg »

In my case garage entrance 2 cm wider than car width across mirrors.

Ps also very useful if you believe in first attempt perfect parking anyway inc supermarket spaces with camera-based fines for crossing lines etc
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

MikeM wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:36 pm
Some of these things come down to the spec we had on the 911 and bot wanting it to feel ‘less’. So the pccbs and extra leather are throwbacks to that. (Also the pccb’s won’t need replacing at any point so I’m forward funding my brakes).

Ioniser, spot on, I have terrible allergies.

Never really got on with surround view cameras and have only put the reverse one on to ensure my wife doesn’t back into the house!
I personally never tried surround camera’s so can’t comment on their merits although, wife did back into my brand new Merc many years ago. My then teenage daughter was the culprit as she had the music on so loud they couldn’t hear the warning bleeps 😖
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6