Decision time!

All your ordering information here!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

No spare wheel = bad omission

ACC = excellent addition especially for the safety braking feature and it works very well when cruising.

Major plus you have included = heated steering wheel, best thing since sliced bread
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

hood69

Post by hood69 »

[/quote]
The Bose tends to get a bashing here. Seriously considering saving myself £800+ 🤔
[/quote]

I'm one of the ones saying the standard stereo is good on the macan and I didn't think the uplift for BOSE was worth it.
One thing I would say is that speakers do get better with use and can sound a bit raw at first so the BOSE and indeed standard speakers will sound better a few months in.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

resjud wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:07 pm So, thinking I'd have until next year some time to make final changes to my spec, I've just had a call from my OPC offering me a build slot that requires me to lock my build in 3 days time, for delivery before the end of the year. Argh!

Now, I could turn that slot down, but I'm told there will be no more slots for any cars to be built this year so delivery would be Feb/March next year at the earliest. As well as the wait, and the fact that the (very pleasing) price for my existing vehicle may not hold up into next year, I'd obviously waste several hundred more hours on the confuserator. So, should I go for it now?! And if so, what are the thoughts on my original spec:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN34XIP1

versus my latest spec:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNI2SBA8

I've also asked you all about, and read other people's questions about, the eternal dilemmas of steel v air suspension, 14-way v 18-way seats and standard stereo v Bose, ACC v no-ACC, but it looks unlikely I'd get to drive a car with air or hear a standard stereo before the build locked so I have to make a call on them now. I'm going to sit in different seats tomorrow, which covers that choice, and decide tonight whether I would actually use ACC enough (leaving aside the safety aspect of it that is obviously beneficial).

A set of very first-world, nice to have issues I suppose!
Your second spec is much better IMHO. I had the Agate/Pebble interior on my SD and I'm sure that Black/Pebble will look even better. I fully agree with all posters who say you should stick with Gentian Blue.

I had steel suspension with PASM on my SD and it was great. I've gone with air on my GTS because the suspension is stiffer and the demo car was on air and the ride was great.

There have been threads devoted to ACC. For me, it's worth it just for the PAS package that comes with it (and relies on the ACC radar but nothing else) but others argue strongly against it. As you said, it's your call.

Unless you concentrate on every note produced by the sound system (and can mentally isolate the tyre roar) then the standard sound system is fine.

Final point: make a selection and go for it. Who knows what other delaying factors might come up in the future.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
MH82

Post by MH82 »

What I would say is if you’re spec’ing your car heavily then it may pay to move up a model.
I’m looking at a heavily spec’d GTS and just tried spec’ing a S to the same level - turns out there’s only a £324 premium for the GTS (so just over £5/bhp)
2022 GTS order cancelled
2023 718 Spyder order cancelled
Gone rogue and bought an Aston Martin V12 Vantage S :shock:
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

MH82 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:25 am What I would say is if you’re spec’ing your car heavily then it may pay to move up a model.
I’m looking at a heavily spec’d GTS and just tried spec’ing a S to the same level - turns out there’s only a £324 premium for the GTS (so just over £5/bhp)
Not really “up” a model. Its up in price but does different things. Looks wise they are pretty much identical, and straight line speed the difference is minimal, but the GTS has more sport pretensions, so more cramped and slightly harder seats, stiffer suspension and louder exhaust. You can get these on the S or you can remove them on the GTS, but then what’s the point?

So they massage your ego in different ways rather than being the next model up.
MH82

Post by MH82 »

Love a good massage
2022 GTS order cancelled
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

MH82 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:25 am What I would say is if you’re spec’ing your car heavily then it may pay to move up a model.
It is going to cost you at least 6 months minimum extra waiting time to get your car though which is important to factor in.
MH82

Post by MH82 »

BanZ wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:57 am
It is going to cost you at least 6 months minimum extra waiting time to get your car though which is important to factor in.
Different OPC’s are quoting wildly different times. However that extra bit of time means I can afford to spec the car to the hilt (if I wish)
2022 GTS order cancelled
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:31 am
Not really “up” a model. Its up in price but does different things. Looks wise they are pretty much identical, and straight line speed the difference is minimal, but the GTS has more sport pretensions, so more cramped and slightly harder seats, stiffer suspension and louder exhaust. You can get these on the S or you can remove them on the GTS, but then what’s the point?

From previous experience when speccing a new car I have always found a reason/money for those few extra superfluous options/toys. Based on this I chose the GTS which addresses my weakness for adding just one more option! I'm sure there's plenty of people just like me who will spend a £1 to save a 1p. But I know deep down if I'd have ordered the S, I would constantly be playing with the Confudgerator and tormenting myself that I'd made the wrong decision. So went straight for the GTS and then added a few toys. Of course! 😂
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:31 am

So does that therefore mean the 992 GTS is not up a model from the 992 S or the RS5 is not up a model from the S5 or the Mercedes AMG line is not up a model from the Sport line. Or the Aston vantage F1 edition is not up a level from the standard model vantage?

It’s an SUV yes, but it still has a hierarchy.

They have extra features that elevate them above the rest of the range - no different here.

Confused at your comment and I’m sure porsche would very much disagree.

Whether you want comfort over sportiness, or the S over the GTS - the higher spec car that is UP a model is the GTS

I’d say the same if I ordered the S btw. In fact I’ve owned a base and an S before and always acknowledged that the GTS and turbo were higher spec cars higher up the range.