Decision time!

All your ordering information here!
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

resjud wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:07 pm So, thinking I'd have until next year some time to make final changes to my spec, I've just had a call from my OPC offering me a build slot that requires me to lock my build in 3 days time, for delivery before the end of the year. Argh!

Now, I could turn that slot down, but I'm told there will be no more slots for any cars to be built this year so delivery would be Feb/March next year at the earliest. As well as the wait, and the fact that the (very pleasing) price for my existing vehicle may not hold up into next year, I'd obviously waste several hundred more hours on the confuserator. So, should I go for it now?! And if so, what are the thoughts on my original spec:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN34XIP1

versus my latest spec:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNI2SBA8

I've also asked you all about, and read other people's questions about, the eternal dilemmas of steel v air suspension, 14-way v 18-way seats and standard stereo v Bose, ACC v no-ACC, but it looks unlikely I'd get to drive a car with air or hear a standard stereo before the build locked so I have to make a call on them now. I'm going to sit in different seats tomorrow, which covers that choice, and decide tonight whether I would actually use ACC enough (leaving aside the safety aspect of it that is obviously beneficial).

A set of very first-world, nice to have issues I suppose!
Picked up my S last Friday. My feedback after a few days driving on a couple of your dilemmas.

I’ve been really impressed with the air suspension, in comfort mode is just makes bumps in the road disappear and is a really refined place to be. Turn up the suspension and the whole car changes and feels completely different and really tight in the corners.

BOSE speakers I’ve been less impressed with. I’ve not tried the standard stereo before but I’m not excited about the BOSE system so far. For £800 I’d expected more in all honesty.

Leather vs standard - I went for partial leather and am very glad I did. With hindsight I’d take the EL option as the leather has a much nicer feeling than the plastic alternative.

I would 100% take the build slot though and don’t worry too much about getting your build perfect as there is no such thing and you will enjoy the car irrespective.

Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

I would add the spare wheel aswell,especially if you are towing.
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:17 pm
Bluesnose1812 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:14 pm If I were going blue I would go with the Gentian. It's blue rather than light black.
I used to have a special colour Nacht Blau on my 335i Convertible. It’s extremely similar to the Porsche blue, except the Porsche colour seems to have more metal flake. After a good polish it looks absolutely fantastic.
Not as good as our upcoming 🌋 Omni 😊
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

BanZ wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:19 pm
resjud wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:07 pm So, thinking I'd have until next year some time to make final changes to my spec, I've just had a call from my OPC offering me a build slot that requires me to lock my build in 3 days time, for delivery before the end of the year. Argh!

Now, I could turn that slot down, but I'm told there will be no more slots for any cars to be built this year so delivery would be Feb/March next year at the earliest. As well as the wait, and the fact that the (very pleasing) price for my existing vehicle may not hold up into next year, I'd obviously waste several hundred more hours on the confuserator. So, should I go for it now?! And if so, what are the thoughts on my original spec:

versus my latest spec:

I've also asked you all about, and read other people's questions about, the eternal dilemmas of steel v air suspension, 14-way v 18-way seats and standard stereo v Bose, ACC v no-ACC, but it looks unlikely I'd get to drive a car with air or hear a standard stereo before the build locked so I have to make a call on them now. I'm going to sit in different seats tomorrow, which covers that choice, and decide tonight whether I would actually use ACC enough (leaving aside the safety aspect of it that is obviously beneficial).

Picked up my S last Friday. My feedback after a few days driving on a couple of your dilemmas.

I’ve been really impressed with the air suspension, in comfort mode is just makes bumps in the road disappear and is a really refined place to be. Turn up the suspension and the whole car changes and feels completely different and really tight in the corners.

BOSE speakers I’ve been less impressed with. I’ve not tried the standard stereo before but I’m not excited about the BOSE system so far. For £800 I’d expected more in all honesty.

Leather vs standard - I went for partial leather and am very glad I did. With hindsight I’d take the EL option as the leather has a much nicer feeling than the plastic alternative.

I would 100% take the build slot though and don’t worry too much about getting your build perfect as there is no such thing and you will enjoy the car irrespective.
The Bose tends to get a bashing here. Seriously considering saving myself £800+ 🤔
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

PorscheMack wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:22 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:17 pm
Bluesnose1812 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:14 pm If I were going blue I would go with the Gentian. It's blue rather than light black.
I used to have a special colour Nacht Blau on my 335i Convertible. It’s extremely similar to the Porsche blue, except the Porsche colour seems to have more metal flake. After a good polish it looks absolutely fantastic.
Not as good as our upcoming 🌋 Omni 😊
Well obvs 🙄
Deleted User 4436

PorscheMack wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:24 pm

versus my latest spec:

The Bose tends to get a bashing here. Seriously considering saving myself £800+ 🤔
I didn’t bother with BOSE because when I’m in the car i tend to listen mainly to spoken word stuff or the other people in the car with me and I’m sure the standard stereo is just fine for that. I didn’t do air for 2 reasons. Firstly because I stupidly listened to all the garbage about it causing delays and 2 because it can be a little “floaty” and the S I drove that had it made me feel a bit car sick. We’ll see over the next few years is it was a sensible decisions.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:31 pm

I didn’t bother with BOSE because when I’m in the car i tend to listen mainly to spoken word stuff or the other people in the car with me and I’m sure the standard stereo is just fine for that. I didn’t do air for 2 reasons. Firstly because I stupidly listened to all the garbage about it causing delays and 2 because it can be a little “floaty” and the S I drove that had it made me feel a bit car sick. We’ll see over the next few years is it was a sensible decisions.
Where's all the Audiophiles 🎶 when you need them?
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

I agree, the air just wasn’t for me either, way too floaty and made both me and the wife feel car sick. Think PASM will do me.👍
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Deleted User 4436

PorscheMack wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:37 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:31 pm
Where's all the Audiophiles 🎶 when you need them?
At home listening to their expensive stereo gear at a guess. Joking aside I do get it, and I have the Harmon Kardon upgraded stereo in my current car and had the monster upgraded stereo in the Aston. The Aston one in particular sounded amazing, but I much preferred listening to the V8 doing its thing and sticking to proper expensive sound in my living room.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

100% on this
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S