Sports Exhaust, or not

All your ordering information here!
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Having placed my order for a new Macan S last week, I'd now like to add a few additional options. No problem, I know, except I've already tipped over the total budget I'd set myself and I'm keen not to add another £2k, My order spec includes the Sports Exhaust, but if something has to go in a trade-off for the other items then PSE is it. Question is, will I regret deleting it?
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Old Chimer wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:45 pm Having placed my order for a new Macan S last week, I'd now like to add a few additional options. No problem, I know, except I've already tipped over the total budget I'd set myself and I'm keen not to add another £2k, My order spec includes the Sports Exhaust, but if something has to go in a trade-off for the other items then PSE is it. Question is, will I regret deleting it?
The answers you will get are absolutely yes and absolutely no. I must say the Gen 3 S I drove I thought had the PSE when it started up but it was the standard exhaust. I have a sports exhaust on my current car but haven’t specced it on the Macan because its a 4x4 not a sports car and I also decided it wasn’t really worth spending £1700 mainly for the benefit of people outside the car.

If you want to say “hay look at me!!” When you are driving around, get the PSE. If you aren’t quite so extrovert spend it on toys in the bit you sit in. It makes no difference to the performance of the car.

Have fun in the confuserator. Welcome to months of doubting your decisions. We’ve all been there.
Deleted User 4449

Post by Deleted User 4449 »

Didn’t spec on my Gen 3 ‘S which I have had for 3+ weeks now , certainly don’t regret , never once have I thought if only !
Yes I’m sure the PSE is louder and a few more ‘pop’s n bang’s but these days with opf/gpf’s never going to be great ,,,,and honestly doesn’t make the car any faster .
Spend elsewhere as Omni says
LAJ

Post by LAJ »

I have a lot of spec on my GTS. What’s giving me the most joy right now is a) the sports exhaust & b) the GT steering wheel. Both ignite the senses over and above what is standard… and that, after all, is why we buy a Porsche.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:52 pm
Old Chimer wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:45 pm Having placed my order for a new Macan S last week, I'd now like to add a few additional options. No problem, I know, except I've already tipped over the total budget I'd set myself and I'm keen not to add another £2k, My order spec includes the Sports Exhaust, but if something has to go in a trade-off for the other items then PSE is it. Question is, will I regret deleting it?
The answers you will get are absolutely yes and absolutely no. I must say the Gen 3 S I drove I thought had the PSE when it started up but it was the standard exhaust. I have a sports exhaust on my current car but haven’t specced it on the Macan because its a 4x4 not a sports car and I also decided it wasn’t really worth spending £1700 mainly for the benefit of people outside the car.

If you want to say “hay look at me!!” When you are driving around, get the PSE. If you aren’t quite so extrovert spend it on toys in the bit you sit in. It makes no difference to the performance of the car.

Have fun in the confuserator. Welcome to months of doubting your decisions. We’ve all been there.
Not wishing to upset the Apple cart but you are already saying "hay look at me!" by driving a Porsche 😉 But the PSE is a great option if used sparingly and it Will put a smile on your face when teamed with a 375BHP Porsche engine 😊
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

No right or wrong answer but here is mine.

I’ve owned macans with and without PSE. To me personally, I view the macan as a performance sports SUV, otherwise why spend the extra on it? Just get an Audi Q5 or a Mercedes GLC - both of which are a lot cheaper.

So me personally I would only buy a macan with PSE because it’s a much more enjoyable drive to me and I feel it every time I drive. So I’d miss it.

I have a Mercedes AMG GTc as my rocket 🚀 car and swapping for a Targa 4s next year. Those also have sports exhausts, the macan will be no different because I like to spend extra on performance cars - whether SUV or a 2 door rocket.

But appreciate for some they are buying the macan as a comfort SUV - personally I wouldn’t. Plenty other comfort SUVs that are much cheaper.

This is just my personal opinion of the brand and car, which many will disagree with :)

That’s just my opinion though.
pmg

Post by pmg »

;) ;) ;) They should be banned. A childish toy that causes noise pollution
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Thanks for the replies to date (keep them coming, please), but to add a little context, here's my thinking.

My last car was a V8 Vantage with the secondary cats removed. Rolling thunder doesn't cover it.

The Macan however has to be capable of far more, not least safely transporting the grandkids and towing our caravan, but of all the SUVs I've tested it's the one that I feel I'd still get some pure driving enjoyment from. It's not the fastest, it's not the roomiest, but for me it is the most engaging I've driven. PSE or not, it won't deliver the aural experience of the Aston, so is there really any point in having it?
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
Deleted User 4436

pmg wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:17 pm ;) ;) ;) They should be banned. A childish toy that causes noise pollution
There were loads of news articles before all the news reported on was covid, about introducing sensors to monitor cars and issue tickets if they are too loud.
Deleted User 4436

Old Chimer wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:28 pm Thanks for the replies to date (keep them coming, please), but to add a little context, here's my thinking.

My last car was a V8 Vantage with the secondary cats removed. Rolling thunder doesn't cover it.

The Macan however has to be capable of far more, not least safely transporting the grandkids and towing our caravan, but of all the SUVs I've tested it's the one that I feel I'd still get some pure driving enjoyment from. It's not the fastest, it's not the roomiest, but for me it is the most engaging I've driven. PSE or not, it won't deliver the aural experience of the Aston, so is there really any point in having it?
I took the “exhaust fuse” out of my V8 Vantage ( actually my local main dealer did it for me ) and after a 4 hr drive I had to put it back in because I was getting a headache. Sounded amazing, but ridiculous loud