Order Placed

All your ordering information here!
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Tracky wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:37 am
Winryn wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:25 pm
Makanik wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:42 pm Looks like a very sensible spec to me, although I would replace Bose with Adaptive Cruise Control.
I’d get rid of Bose but acc is the worst thing I’ve ever had in a car so definitely wouldn’t go for that :D
Agreed - if you don't have the ability to drive or concentrate then ACC is for you. If you can't and don't trust yourself then get it
+ 1, hate the idea of it.

Perfect option if you want to use your phone while driving though I bet ;)
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

^^^^ Agree too. But I guess it's also useful if you want to have a nap on the motorway..........
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Joe390

Post by Joe390 »

Is the overall view then that ACC isn’t worth it?

We’re still undecided on adding it to the S my wife has ordered. She’s never had it before and doesn’t see the benefit but I’m in two minds given in 4 years time this will likely be a standard/expected option what with all the new safety regulations coming in, plus feedback on the forum seems mixed on its effectiveness compared to other ACC systems on other manufacturers. Would be good to understand general feelings on it.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Joe390 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:25 am Is the overall view then that ACC isn’t worth it?

We’re still undecided on adding it to the S my wife has ordered. She’s never had it before and doesn’t see the benefit but I’m in two minds given in 4 years time this will likely be a standard/expected option what with all the new safety regulations coming in, plus feedback on the forum seems mixed on its effectiveness compared to other ACC systems on other manufacturers. Would be good to understand general feelings on it.
I hate people that say they ordered it for the safety aspect - they need to consider having a licence at all if they say that.

First had it on a RS4 - barely used it and the active braking was a pain in the arse

Then on my current gen e class AMG. That one was good and far better than the VAG ones. And I used it sometimes because I had it not because I needed it. Still threw false warnings when it thought I was going to die - but unsurprisingly I didn’t because I’m typing this now ….. as I drive along in the dogs Seat which also has it and would seem to be the only benefit to catch up on emails/texts/social media.

Don’t miss it at all and wouldn’t have it (or pay for it) again
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Joe390

Post by Joe390 »

Tracky wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:36 am
Joe390 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:25 am Is the overall view then that ACC isn’t worth it?

I hate people that say they ordered it for the safety aspect - they need to consider having a licence at all if they say that.

First had it on a RS4 - barely used it and the active braking was a pain in the arse

Then on my current gen e class AMG. That one was good and far better than the VAG ones. And I used it sometimes because I had it not because I needed it. Still threw false warnings when it thought I was going to die - but unsurprisingly I didn’t because I’m typing this now ….. as I drive along in the dogs Seat which also has it and would seem to be the only benefit to catch up on emails/texts/social media.

Don’t miss it at all and wouldn’t have it (or pay for it) again
Thanks. Good to know. Given we’ve never had it on any of our cars so far, doesn’t sound like we’re missing out. Money well saved it seems!
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Well, saved and then spent on something else 😉

You can see below that I’m not shy Of spending on options but just stuff I know will be used !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Joe390

Post by Joe390 »

Tracky wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:42 am Well, saved and then spent on something else 😉

You can see below that I’m not shy Of spending on options but just stuff I know will be used !
Haha too true!
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

Well worth it in my view. The benefits are twofold.

Firstly the safety aspect - you won’t have any automatic emergency braking features without it.

Secondly convenience. On quiet roads you can just set a desired speed, as per conventional cruise. On busier roads, where the traffic speed might be constantly varying, you can let the system keep you an (adjustable) distance from the car in front - bringing you all the way to a halt when necessary.

It’s not perfect - it might make you jump on very rare occasions when it ‘panics’ a little unnecessarily. But you get used to it’s quirks. You know to be ready on a sharp bend when the system might temporarily lose sight of the vehicle in front.

But overall it works very well.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

There goes the first to say safety feature…..🙄
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

.... and you hate him as a result! Col has said nothing maybe doesn't want the hate focused in his direction or the implication that he doesnt "have the ability to drive or concentrate". This has gone a bit OTT. Usefulness of ACC varies with roads and conditions and I dont believe there's a driver in the world who can't ever have a momentary distraction, even Ayrton "Tracky" Senna! Then ACC could save you 3 points or someone else's rear end. I have it for my own reason and several, already mentioned, common to others. Spec what YOU want, need or desire and ignore the howling in here. 🤐
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP