Close to final spec...

All your ordering information here!
cmcm3

Post by cmcm3 »

So I have been back and forward with so many possible specs and this is where I have ended up.

As it stands I may end up with silver rather than crayon, I suspect I’ll be 50/50 on that until the last minute.

I’m definitely going a different route than I started out with, which was to go low spec and try to get it in under £65k but the options list is sooooo tempting!

Interested in your thoughts!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMCIZEI9

cmcm3

Post by cmcm3 »

As per my recent thread I’ve decided to go with body-coloured door handles and wrap them black.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

You won't see much of the Race-tex lining with the pano roof. Silver looks great. Combined saving of £2K.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
cmcm3

Post by cmcm3 »

Yeah, fair comment and certainly the racetex can easily be ditched. I need to get in for a detailed inspection but what is the material like that it replaces?
cmcm3

Post by cmcm3 »

And to be honest I’d happily ditch the pano roof too, but I keep reading that it’s a must?
ghostwalker

Post by ghostwalker »

cmcm3 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:08 pm And to be honest I’d happily ditch the pano roof too, but I keep reading that it’s a must?
I believe a pan roof is considered very desirable on most cars these days but especially on SUVs. I think it’s not just the “cool” factor but also making the interior feel lighter and more spacious as opposed to it being a “dark and miserable” place.

One thing I would also recommend is a seat upgrade for the lumbar support (especially good if you’re tall and are prone to back pain). You also don’t get electric steering column adjustment etc with the standard seats I believe.

Have ordered my GTS the 14-ways myself but you can only get the race-tex if you go 8 or 18-way

Also preferred the GT steering to the regular as I felt it looked better. Carbon also looks great but then you’d have to get the carbon pack for the rest of the interior and it’d add quite a lot to the price.

Love the look of the spec though. Like a lot of us you’ll be spending a lot of time on the configurator 😝
Last edited by ghostwalker on Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Previous: 2021 Macan GTS Volcano Grey http://www.porsche-code.com/PMMW6S58
On order: 2023 Macan GTS Python Green http://www.porsche-code.com/PPQHXNI1
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I'd ditch other items in your spec way before dropping the pano.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
cmcm3

Post by cmcm3 »

I’m just out of a 991 Turbo S with pano roof and never used it and know I wouldn’t miss it so I really am spec’ing that for the resale. Just one more thing to rattle or leak for me. Anyone have any such problems with it?
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

I’d ditch the racetex lining and fancy filler cap to free up a grand.

I had an F Pace with alcantara lining and it was lovely but not a grands worth and certainly not something I miss, nor did anyone ever notice. Especially with my minor OCD and the different directions the grain went with the lightest of touches from my 4 year old.

Coming from a crayon owner, I would definitely keep vs silver. The silver looks nice with black accents but the number of people that have complimented on the crayon colour would just not come if it was a bog standard silver, albeit nice shade of silver. I find the crayon is also quite good for looking clean.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Looks nice

There are definitely some items I’d drop to make sure I kept the key items.

Enjoy tinkering
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S